Sequels The next Wolverine film?

Isn't he too old to play Omega Red?

No, he's only 56, and they will have less work with makeup. 50+ guy should play this Russian zombie. Dolph would do good job like as Ivan Drago.

Liev? It's prequel, not sequel?
Also it should be in new reality, so I doubt there will be Yukio, but who knows what new future after 1973 brings.

^Do you have a current picture of Dolph?Ivan Drago with makeup would be a great Omega Red.But it has been many years since Rocky 4.

Ivan Drago was definitely to young for white walker Arkady Rossovich.
If 55+ Dolph can play in action movie Expendables 3, he can play Omega Red too.
Colossus needs more screen time, use him in this movie, with Kitty and maybe Rogue help.

@kasjan: There's no evidence that DoFP is going to create a 'new reality', and creating a follow-up to a movie that supposedly doesn't happen in the same 'time-space' makes no sense whatsoever.

Mark my words: Whatever changes are made to continuity by DoFP will be limited and will not in any way affect the majority of the events we have already seen.

Also, even if the events of Origins: Wolverine end up being de-canonized due to changes made by DoFP, the PTBs can still being back Schreiber's Sabertooth and 'reintroduce' him. They could also bring back Kayla and 'reintroduce' her as well.

Eh don't need Kayla, stay with Mariko. But Sabretooth should come back. That would be great.

I wasn't talking about bringing Kayla back in a direct follow-up to The Wolverine, but one of the options they might have open to them is a 'retelling' of how Wolverine gets Adamantiumized (using the Alpha Flight story, Kayla, Schreiber's Sabertooth, and maybe the younger Stryker we see in DoFP) if DoFP de-canonizes Origins: Wolverine (which seems to be what's happening based on what we know).

I think it is possible Wolverine remebers the original timeline, or whatever timeline you think is valid. And then there is a new mission and he has to hook up again with Stryker to get the adamantium. Of course you don't want a full rehash. I suspect that we will be left to assume Logan had the procedure (flashback, or Stryker may imply it). If Schreiber is back, then you could do an Alpha Flight, Omega Red, whatever. I suspect it would be a new mission where the team is brought back together to prevent another catastrophy in history. Not sure which historical event they would use though.

I don't believe there's going to be a new timeline at all. Based on what we know, I firmly believe that what will end up happening is that we will see an ALTERED timeline wherein the majority of the events we have already seen still occurred as we saw them, with only a few specific changes having been made (no Sentinels or post-Apocalyptic future in 2023 and possibly Wolverine not having been Adamantiumized the way he was in the original, unaltered timeline [see the events of Origins: Wolverine]).

Possible. I think the rumored ending is all too convenient and they may not go with it, or change it before the release. We'll see.

We can't be sure Logan even back to Vietnam afterall, so he won't see Stryker.
This will be new reality for sure whatever happens, but of course they can go in Wolverine 3 with events during those years between The Wolverine and DOFP in old timeline. Then we should have Tyler not Liev. If they go with new reality, then we can have Liev in 80's and maybe later if Victor doesn't mutate into wild Sabretooth.

Something just hit me. What if instead of Team X selling Wolverine out, Wolverine kills Stryker in DOFP, joins Alpha Flight... and Alpha Flight are the ones who sell him out to Weapon X.

We knew from X2 that Stryker was a scumbag but what if Guardian and Northstar - whom at the time Wolverine deeply trusts - send him against his will to the Weapon X facility. This is after Guardian is portrayed as somebody who the audience will find likable up until this one final WHAM moment while Northstar may be a jerk with a huge ego problem but he's not somebody whom the audience would think is a "bad guy." Like this time around, the people closest to Logan have sold him out and then FORCIBLY wiped his memory just so he'll continue to trust them. That would be an amazing twist.

Last edited:
After TDKR and IM3 I have enough of twists.

Another Wolverine movie dealing with Stryker (again!) is the last thing the next Wolverine movie should be. Its been there, done that.

Am I the only one who'd like to see X-23 introduced? I think they could craft a nice personal story for Wolverine, with her involved.

Am I the only one who'd like to see X-23 introduced?

On one hand,I would love to see X-23.On the other hand,I want Wolverine to be unique and introducing X-23 would take away that uniqueness that Wolverine had

Prefer right done Deadpool than see X-23.

The new movie needs a vulnerable mutant(Yukio or Jubilee) along with Wolverine.We know Wolverine is immortal(in movies) and he will win in the end.So the odds have to be raised and the audience has to feel Logan may lose something precious.

Last edited:
This is great news, like most I'd choose Omega Red as the villain but Cyber is interesting and I don't mind Sabertooth returning as long as one of the above is the main villain.

Am I the only one who'd like to see X-23 introduced? I think they could craft a nice personal story for Wolverine, with her involved.

I like the idea but it might mean no Yukio, which I don't like.

Sabretooth. Or Omega Red. Or both. But please, no Liev.

I'd like to see either Daken or X-23 come after Logan.

Logan has led a solo life, to find out he has a child/clone and wanting to save that person while that person is after him would offer great development to Logan.

Yukio and Wolverine (with the suit Yukio gave him in the alternate The Wolverine ending) on an adventure in Russia – with Omega Red as the villain. :awesome:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"