The Offical Saturday Night Live Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope Taran Killam takes over WU. I'd love Kate McKinnon to do it with him, but the characters she does are too hilarious to not have popping up anymore.

If they choose two anchors, I'd like to see Taran Killam with Vanessa Bayer.

Yeah Bayer would be good, and she wouldn't really be missed in the general skits either.
Taran would though IMO. He's fantastic, and could/should be the next Bill Hader.

Yeah Bayer would be good, and she wouldn't really be missed in the general skits either.
Taran would though IMO. He's fantastic, and could/should be the next Bill Hader.

Just because a cast member is a Weekend Update anchor doesn't mean they'd be absent from the other skits on the show. Look at Dan Aykroyd, Jane Curtin, Kevin Nealon, Norm Macdonald, Jimmy Fallon, or Amy Poehler.

As predicted, Seth Meyers will take over Late Night when Jimmy Fallon takes over The Tonight Show in early 2014.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2013/05/12/seth-meyers-nbc-talk-show/2153735/

He'll probably leave SNL after the first half of next season, but I'm wondering who's going to replace him on Weekend Update. Will they hire someone new or will they use one or two of the cast members to fill in the spot?

I'd like to see Vanessa Bayer do it. She hasn't made an impact quite yet.

LMAO at this

Maya looked like she was ready to drop that baby out right then and there

I agree that Bayer would be ideal for the WU slot, but I can't see her as the sole anchor of that segment.

Jason S. would be the ideal male co-anchor, but he's likely leaving the show soon too. For some reason, I am not seeing Taran Killam in that role, for a reason I can't really put my finger on.

Seth will kick ass at the new Late Night slot though. I can't wait. :up:

Maya is a baby factory, holy moley haha she just flaunts it too

Hmm I'll be interested to see how Seth goes on the late night slot.
Personally I find him to be a bit bland, like he finds his own jokes more amusing than the audience do. He was saved on Weekend Update usually by the special guests IMO.

Watched SNL yesterday afternoon. Wow. That was just awful. Wiig has apparently now gotten to the point that I don't find her whole act funny at all. I thought the acupuncture thing was pretty funny and the 1-800-flowers commercial was good, but outside of that, the episode was bad.

Also, second-hand news guy sucks. It's amazing how Drunk Uncle is such a hit for him while that one is such a miss.

She was pregnant when Tina Fey hosted on mother's day weekend last year!!!

She was pregnant when Tina Fey hosted on mother's day weekend last year!!!
When hasn't she been pregnant at any point in the last 3-4 years? Seems like the last time she wasn't was in Bridesmaids.

Isn't Maya's husband acclaimed Director Paul Thomas Anderson?

Hader's leaving SNL. :down

Bill Hader is leaving Saturday Night Live after eight seasons as one of its most versatile and hilarious players. The 34-year-old actor arrived at 30 Rock in 2005 and quickly carved out a role for himself with some of the show’s most popular characters, including “Weekend Update” special guests Stefon and James Carville, and an array of oddball game-show hosts. “It was a hard decision, but it has to happen at some point,” Hader told the New York Times. “It got to a point where I said, ‘Maybe it’s just time to go.’”

Hader’s departure wasn’t unexpected, but accompanied by the loss of Seth Meyers, it shifts the attention to Fred Armisen and Jason Sudeikis, two other long-time stars of the show who are also considering leaving the show. “I think they’re making their decisions and we’ll know soon enough,” said SNL‘s executive producer Lorne Michaels. “I’ve said what I wanted to say to both. You never keep anybody there who doesn’t want to be there, and there is a right time to leave, but it’s more about where they are in their lives.”

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/14/bill-hader-exits-saturday-night-live/

No more Stefon. :(

rough, bill hader was my absolute favorite on the current cast, Stefon always made me bust a gut laughing...something that rarely happens anymore on SNL :(

Bill Hader is phenomenally talented, and will come back as a host one day when he gets a big comedy movie or TV show. So we will see Stefon again.

even when they come back to host its never the same...case in point Kristen Wiigs episode, it was good but its not the same as having her on the show

Hader's leaving SNL. :down

Bill Hader is leaving Saturday Night Live after eight seasons as one of its most versatile and hilarious players. The 34-year-old actor arrived at 30 Rock in 2005 and quickly carved out a role for himself with some of the show’s most popular characters, including “Weekend Update” special guests Stefon and James Carville, and an array of oddball game-show hosts. “It was a hard decision, but it has to happen at some point,” Hader told the New York Times. “It got to a point where I said, ‘Maybe it’s just time to go.’”

Hader’s departure wasn’t unexpected, but accompanied by the loss of Seth Meyers, it shifts the attention to Fred Armisen and Jason Sudeikis, two other long-time stars of the show who are also considering leaving the show. “I think they’re making their decisions and we’ll know soon enough,” said SNL‘s executive producer Lorne Michaels. “I’ve said what I wanted to say to both. You never keep anybody there who doesn’t want to be there, and there is a right time to leave, but it’s more about where they are in their lives.”

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/05/14/bill-hader-exits-saturday-night-live/

No more Stefon. :(

Ouch. There better be a big send off for him this weekend like they did with Wiig.

Just him. Never really cared for Meyers.

Meyers could still be on SNL in the fall, just delay his departure until the Christmas show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"