The Offical Saturday Night Live Thread - Part 3

Gonna be a solid couple of episodes there. I just want a Dooneese appearance in Wiig's episode.

Saw the SNL State of the Union Opening with Scar Jo, and as I had predicted: Punkie Johnson as Kamala Harris. Whether or not that will still happen when its debate time remains to be seen.

Another host with a background in Stand up comedy and/or improv. Pete Davidson, Nate Barzgate, Ayo Edebiri, Shane Gillis, Kate McKinnon, Ramy Youssef and Kristin Wiig coming next week. Those have been the best shows for me, because they don't look lost or unfunny doing the opening monologue. Many of the other hosts without comedic backgrounds were pretty good as well.

Even though Ramy reused some of his routine from his stand-up special, that couldn't be a more perfect SNL opening monologue. He even got Maddie Rice laughing which is apparently hard to do. :o

Jeez, the amount of guests last night was nuts for it not being a holiday or season finale show. To have Wiig, Forte and Armisen in the house and not do a Dooneese or Gilly sketch is some incredible restraint but the Jumanji sketch and the return of Forte's Hamilton Whiteman made up for it.

skdyopr.gif

I'd be low key awesome if she managed to sing Cold Heart in the second set and bring Elton John.

The Beavis and Butthead sketch damn near killed me. I couldn't blame any of them for breaking, especially Heidi who was laughing for well over 30 seconds.

This was funny too:

In her first season Chloe Troast is outshining a lot of the cast members between this and the orphan song sketch from the Chalamet episode.

This was the first episode of this season that I've watched and was pleasantly surprised. Most of the sketches were great! The new girl playing the crazy one in that "Get that boy back" song was hilarious imo.

I was mad that Papyrus 2 was "cut for time" until they posted it and it was 7 minutes long. So, I get it. :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"