The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Covers have always been dumb. Their sole purpose is to make you WTF?!? enough to buy the issue. But as stupid ones go, this is pretty good.

Is it wrong that I'm kinda turned on by the SW all covered with ants on that cover? Yeah, its wrong...

Does Marvel even have any Mexican/Latino characters for Michael Peña to play? The only ones I know are all DC characters (Blue Beetle, El Dorado, Vibe).

I dont think Javier Bardem is even Latino by the way.

Does Marvel even have any Mexican/Latino characters for Michael Peña to play? The only ones I know are all DC characters (Blue Beetle, El Dorado, Vibe).

I dont think Javier Bardem is even Latino by the way.

Pena will be a made up character named Castillo, who is a Fidel Castro like baddie.

Bardem is Spanish and in America, anyone from Spain and Latin America are called Latinos.

Cool they're literally taking inspiration from the Tales to Astonish communist stories.

He is probably playing a variation of old Tale To Astonish Ant-Man villain El Toro who was communist dictator sort of based on Castro who charged at people with bull horns like Spidey villain Rhino.
TA054.jpg

I imagine Lang's modern villain may be Darren Agonistes Cross.

He is probably playing a variation of old Tale To Astonish Ant-Man villain El Toro who was communist dictator sort of based on Castro who charged at people with bull horns like Spidey villain Rhino.
TA054.jpg

I imagine Lang's modern villain may be Darren Agonistes Cross.

what a load of bull. ;)

El Toro looks a bit horny. :p

or the positive reception to First Class in the 60s and DOFP in the 70s

The success of XMFC as a "Silver Age" cbm, and CATFA as a "Golden Age" cbm, certainly doesn't hurt; but Joe Cornish had scripted the 1960s setting as far back as 2006. That was always part of the plan.

Umm the script was written 8 years ago, the concept of the 60's era Hank Pym and a modern Scott Lang pre-dates First Class. Here's Wright talking about it at the 2006 SDCC.:oldrazz:

Well, the thing is that what we want to do, the idea that we have for the adaptation is to actually involve both. Is to have a film that basically is about Henry Pym and Scott Lang, so you actually do a prologue where you see Pym as Ant-Man in action in the 60′s, in sort of “Tales to Astonish” mode basically, and then the contemporary, sort of flash-forward, is Scott Lang’s story, and how he comes to acquire the suit, how he crosses paths with Henry Pym, and then, in an interesting sort of Machiavellian way, teams up with him. So it’s like an interesting thing, like the “Marvel Premiere” one that I read which is Scott Lang’s origin, it’s very brief like a lot of those origin comics are, and in a way, the details that are skipped through in the panels and the kind of thing we’d spend half an hour on.

http://www.superherohype.com/features/91587-exclusive-edgar-wright-talks-ant-man#.UtRD4p_1Frg.twitter

yeah, Ant Man has been conceived as a movie for the last 8 years, long before the last two X Men movies were even considered.

Ant Man has been an idea for a movie by Wright and Joe Cornish for the last 8 years, even before both of those movies were even thought of. It just didn't happen in the last few years. It was conceived by Wright and Cornish around the time of X3: The Last Stand (that's how long the idea has been around). Obviously they've had to make some changes to have the film fit into the MCU, but nothing major as a majority of the story they conceived back in 2006 still stands.

You would have known that if you had done your research about this movie. But because you aren't a big Marvel Studios fan, you automatically jumped to the conclusion this film was conceived and announced after X-Men First Class, which isn't true. Hell, when Michael Douglas was officially announced as Henry Pym, Edgar Wright on Twitter showed a link to an interview he did in 2006 with Ed Douglas on the front page of this very site, which TeeKay mentioned a few posts ago.

Next time, do your research. This idea came out before First Class was even conceived, long before. Hell it was conceived when the Sam Raimi Spidey Trilogy was still going.

Guys, he made an honest mistake and he's wasn't insulting anyone. Can you not jump all over him?

Guys, he made an honest mistake and he's wasn't insulting anyone. Can you not jump all over him?

I hope it was just a mistake. If it was I apologize for jumping all over him.

Last edited:

I was just correcting him. I don't know if I was jumping on him, if I did, then my apologies.

Latino Review reports that Cliff Collins Jr. is in this film.

So are we looking at what is essentially going to be a pure heist movie? You don't hire a guy like Douglas if it weren't. I am thinking along the lines of Oceans 11, The Score, Entrapment, or Thomas Crown Affair, with superhero elements and a little more camp of course.

So are we looking at what is essentially going to be a pure heist movie? You don't hire a guy like Douglas if it weren't. I am thinking along the lines of Oceans 11, The Score, Entrapment, or Thomas Crown Affair, with superhero elements and a little more camp of course.

Yeah, the storyline is basically "To Steal an Ant Man"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"