The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread - Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was stated; not even implied.

Okay. Didn't remember the exact line just something about the suit taking a toll.

Last edited:
Yep Hank does say the suit took a toll on him. Too much shrinking will mess ya up.

Yeah, but how would it take a toll on Cross if he never even put it on before? He couldn't use the particle formula because it basically vaporized organic matter.

Yeah, but how would it take a toll on Cross if he never even put it on before?

Yeah that was a plot hole I noticed as well. Hope says something about the suit messing with his mind but he'd never worn the suit at that point (or they never showed him wearing it, anyway...)

I just got back from it. As of my first watch I would put it in my top 3 MCU movies.

Yeah that was a plot hole I noticed as well. Hope says something about the suit messing with his mind but he'd never worn the suit at that point (or they never showed him wearing it, anyway...)

I think it probably has something to do with the difference between Pym Particles and Cross Particles. Although Cross' experimentation was ultimately a success, I doubt that it was done as well as his mentor's invention, and if Pym Particles has side effects, I'm sure the Cross Particles have it even worse.

Well from what I recall in the movie being around the particles being used without protection is what does the damage so I'm sure Cross was doing lots of experiments trying to perfect the formula hence, his already sociopathic brain going off the deep end

Was the ant named
Ant-Tony
meant to be named after
Tony Stark as a joke or something
?

Ant-Asha
Cap-Ant Americ-Ant
The Ant-Credible Hulk
Clint Bart-Ant
Scarl-Ant Witch

I don't think it was meant to be Ant + Tony, but just Anthony, which is a name, just like Anthony Mackie.

Or he could've called it Anthea, Antonia, Anton etc depending on which sex it is.

Yep Hank does say the suit took a toll on him. Too much shrinking will mess ya up.

Does he mean that it took a physical toll on him or an emotional toll? Tony Stark used to often say in the comics that wearing the Iron Man armour took a toll on him and was part of what drove him to the bottle. But he didn't really mean it so much in a physical way, although I'm sure of course he got injured sometimes in battle, but that wasn't the suit itself doing something to him (apart from the chameleon effect in the Silver Centurion suit which did actually affect his nervous system which he had to remove).

What Tony meant is that it often came to represent that part of his life where he was burdened with responsibility while almost consuming him to the point of needing to be Iron Man because it boosted his ego etc, because other things in his life as Tony Stark were sometimes failing.

However, he eventually came to the point, with the classic red and gold at least, where he couldn't wear that suit anymore, because it symbolised everything that had gone wrong in his life and had too much history and bad experiences associated with it, and had therefore taken a toll emotionally (and psychologically) as well.

What if Hank Pym feels the same way about his Ant-Man uniform? Maybe emotionally he is unable to wear it because he feels responsible for losing Janet because of it. If he had never invented that and wore it himself or allowed her to wear hers, she would still be alive today. There is just too much history and negative experiences associated with wearing it and would bring back all those painful memories.

I took it to mean the suit took a physical toll on Hank. Hank said he would wear the suit himself if he could.

Hank was less worried about Scott being Ant-Man because he saw him as expendable and I don't think he intends for Scott to use the suit for decades like he did.

Id say both a Psychological and physical toll. Shrinking and growing from 1963 to the late 80s. For all we know, Hank may have been screwed up like he was in the comics at certain points.

Last edited:

I think Cross experimented on himself by wearing the suit after the success of the experiment. That's why Hope said that line. The movie just didn't show that he wore the suit.

If Cross didn't already try on the suit, how does he know how to operate it effectively?

Id say both a Psychological and physical toll. Shrinking and growing from 1963 to the late 80s. For all we know, Hank may have been screwed up like he was in the comics at certain points.
yeah, somehow I can see him schizophrenically building another personality and roaming the streets of San Francisco

yeah, somehow I can see him schizophrenically building another personality and roaming the streets of San Francisco

080704-gen-street-113247-publicitypictures-rentalretail-p-5.jpg

Same thing I said about Obadiah Stane in Iron Man :oldrazz:

I think he would have had time to figure out how to use the suit, but never did figure out that icing problem......

I took it to mean the suit took a physical toll on Hank. Hank said he would wear the suit himself if he could.

Hank was less worried about Scott being Ant-Man because he saw him as expendable and I don't think he intends for Scott to use the suit for decades like he did.

I took it to mean a physical toll also. Something about the proximity of the atoms to each other. I also think it takes quite a long while for the problem to manifest itself and there must be a way to manage it or he would never allow
Hope to have the wasp suit
Maybe not a spoiler, but I'd only read it if I'd seen the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"