The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread - Part 9

Who should the villain be?

I want it to be Taskmaster, who would be more than a match for even both Ant-Men and Wasps. Taskmaster would definitely make an interesting villain for even the Avengers, as how do you stop someone who can copy all of your powers? The only problem is that he wouldn't quite fit into the Infinity War plot right at that moment, but he could be set up initially as an Ant-Man villain (as he originally was) in the Ant-Man sequel.

But I'd also like secondary villains who don't have to be in the whole movie but in a small cameo like Whirlwind.

Taskmaster doesn't copy powers though unless they've changed him. I thought he just copied people's movements which is why he's such a challenge for guys like Daredevil and Spider-Man but usually gets beat by Deadpool who's movements are chaotic.

I'm still hoping for Whirlwind. Just seems like a really interesting scenario. I mean what could ant's or someone who shrinks do to someone like Whirlwind that creates cyclones. He'd either have to use his mind, or get the ability to grow big.

I would like to see Whirlwind also...as long as they change his look

I think the Whirlwind Infinity heist suit would work well in the movies.

David_Cannon_Earth_616_from_Infinity_Heist_Vol.jpg

3342226_infinity_heist_001_008.jpg

been out of the loop of news lately...Glad that we're going to get more of Evangeline Lilly as the Wasp :D :up:

Will be fun to see the 2 teaming up on the field.

If they're going to use Whirlwind, then the first thing to do, is make the eye-slits on his armor bigger/wider. Seriously, how does he even see out of that thing (his peripheral vision must be next to non-existent in that thing).

There's also the:
Mitchell Carson subplot from the first film. They could do more with that as well.

I'm sure the Mitch Carson subplot will be picked up in either the sequel or AOS.

Speaking of Whirlwind it was really weird and out of character when Geoff Johns wrote him as a serial killer rapist in in Avengers Vol 3, issue 71.
Thank the lord everyone else who wrote the character since then completely ignored that issue.

Last edited:
Creepy stalker isn't such a bad gag for a minor supervillain, but yeah Johns went weird. That scene with Hank & Jan and the... brrrr. Nerds need to stop writing sex scenes.

Wasn't Whirlwind like Ant-Man's version of Shocker? The Infinity Heist idea might be something they could convert to an Ant-Man/Wasp movie.

Having no idea that this Whirlwind character even existed until about 2 minutes ago, I would like to say that he looks just like one of the elite Battle Droids from the Star Wars prequels....

But I would also like to claim that this is probably the optimal film to resurrect the HYDRA plot from the first movie. I mean, where else would they put it?

Hydra has been done to death. All the MCU films will start seeming very same-ish with the same villains in each, as if they've run out of ideas.

I wasn't exactly in agreement to the bringing back of the Carson subplot as the primary plot-point of the AM sequel, as I firmly agree that HYDRA needs to be given a break. But that said, not only would the Carson thread be incomplete if it was never finished, but also there is really no other time to implement it within the film continuity.

The same thing goes for the "true" Mandarin from the one-shot, except this time around I wouldn't know where Marvel could put him. I, along with many others I assume, would love to see the real Mandarin show his face at some point or another. But the only issue is that the only film I see him appearing in is another Ironman sequel, but that is very unlikely to be.

Creepy stalker isn't such a bad gag for a minor supervillain, but yeah Johns went weird. That scene with Hank & Jan and the... brrrr. Nerds need to stop writing sex scenes.

Yeah, I'm not sure where Johns head was at when he wrote that Avengers issue.

The Hank and Jan sex scene.

Whirlwind having a prostitute dress up as Wasp, beating and then murdering her.

Whirlwind licking an unconscious Wasp's face, commenting about wanting her 'honey' and getting ready to sexually assault her.

This wasn't a Ultimates or Max line book but a regular mainstream Avengers book :eek:

I'm surprised no one ever asked up him what the f*** was up with that issue?

Thinking about the scene with the original Ant-Man and Wasp in this film, I can't help but be irrationally excited about a sequel with the pair as a legit team. :funny:

Never got why the sex scene in that issue was such a big deal to some...
533.gif

ANT-MAN Deleted Scene - Darren Cross' Technology
[YT]/fKoragFik7k[/YT]
Sucks they cut this scene. Shows some practical uses for the shrinking technology and Ten Rings villain cameo.

There would definitely be lots of practical uses for shrinking technology. I wish it existed. There would be so much more space available in my house because things could be stored away more easily. And whenever I go out, I wouldn't have to worry about where to park my car, because I could just take it with me in my pocket.

But how did Hank Pym grow that big keychain tank again? Did he use those discs to make it big? In the comics, eventually he had absorbed enough of the Pym particles that he could just touch it and make it big or small if he wanted. Although I don't know how that would be practical, because whenever he would touch someone then, wouldn't they shrink or grow too? How would he control when exactly to make something change size?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"