The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wright has said this would be more comedic than regular Marvel movies so I wouldn't be surprised to see a villain as nutty as Porcupine show up, and have him sport a costume as outlandish as what it was in comics.

I sort of want that can of worms opened in the MCU at some point, loud costumes being worn shamelessly.

Wright has said this would be more comedic than regular Marvel movies so I wouldn't be surprised to see a villain as nutty as Porcupine show up, and have him sport a costume as outlandish as what it was in comics.

I sort of want that can of worms opened in the MCU at some point, loud costumes being worn shamelessly.

I don't think he said that at all. He said it was a straight action/ heist flick with some comedic elements, and with the tone similar to the first Iron Man movie.

I don't think he said that at all. He said it was a straight action/ heist flick with some comedic elements, and with the tone similar to the first Iron Man movie.

That's what I remember reading.

has anyone here seen 'All Is Bright?' it has Paul Rudd and Paul Giamatti as the leads. i thought that Rudd might be bringing a similar performance to Ant-Man. but i haven't seen the movie, yet.

SO, is Rudd Lang, or a young Pym?

He doesn't seem like a good fit for Lang. Didn't they say we'll get a young and older Pym in this movie? The one from the 60s?

SO, is Rudd Lang, or a young Pym?

He doesn't seem like a good fit for Lang. Didn't they say we'll get a young and older Pym in this movie? The one from the 60s?

Marvel/Disney said that Rudd is playing Lang. they haven't cast young Pym, yet.

That's what I remember reading.

Sorry, now that I searched the sentence I just see that Latino Review :whatever: does say
Wright has indicated that “Ant-Man” will be more comedic than the average Marvel movie.

But they don't back up where that indication comes from.

Sorry, now that I searched the sentence I just see that Latino Review :whatever: does say

Well that explains everything. If it's Eh Maybe reporting, then you can call it... maybe.

has anyone here seen 'All Is Bright?' it has Paul Rudd and Paul Giamatti as the leads. i thought that Rudd might be bringing a similar performance to Ant-Man. but i haven't seen the movie, yet.

Ya I watched it around Christmas time, it's kind of a depressing movie but I wouldn't expect a performance like that. He plays kind of a dumb guy in that movie but he is Canadian so he's really nice. Great movie though, really hit me as a dad with a daughter that's being raised with a step-dad

Last edited:

This is a snip from what I read from a bit ago in an interview...

http://screenrant.com/edgar-wright-antman-script-robf-66744/

<snip>
&#8220;What we wrote for the first draft, and what Marvel really liked, is that it&#8217;s funny, but it&#8217;s a genre film. It&#8217;s about the level of comedy that Iron Man has. The idea is to make a high-concept genre film where it&#8217;s within another genre. His suit and its power is the big gadget and it takes place in the real world. I just wanted to do something that was slightly different than the superhero origin film. I felt that between that and the various mad scientist, crazy doctor films that we&#8217;ve all seen, this would be a way into an origin that was slightly different. I&#8217;m not really a multi-tasker&#8211;I haven&#8217;t done anything since Marvel liked our first draft.&#8221; </snip>

Last edited:
Ya I watched it around Christmas time, it's kind of a depressing movie but I wouldn't expect a performance like that. He plays kind of a dumb guy in that movie but he is Canadian so he's really nice. Great movie though, really hit me as a dad with a daughter that's being raised with a step-dad

thanks. i might reconsider renting it. at least 3 other reviews have described it as depressing.

maybe the villains are the serpent society members.. just to get nick fury to say ' i am sick of all these #!#@$&! snake villains....'

most of the talk so far has been about Michael Douglas taking on the pym role (for good reason). but i think the less predictable stuff is going to have to come from Rudd. this isn't a normal role for him. i admit that i might have missed an action hero role somewhere along the line. i've mostly stuck to anchorman, role models, dinner for schmucks, and i love you man. but i wonder how he'll approach it. will he do a tough guy jersey accent? will Lang be a hardened criminal? or will he play Lang as more of an unassuming suburbanite swept up in all of this craziness? and will the ex wife be a part of the proceedings? who will have primary custody of Cassie? in the books, it was his sister Ruth & her husband. oh and will he work for Stark Industries?

Man the plot for this sounds so interesting and unique.

Sorry,I didn't know where to post this:

Superheroes have sporadically been the stuff of blockbusters in the past. 1978&#8242;s Superman: The Movie and 1989&#8242;s Batman are two standout examples. But none of these films led to the lasting popularity for capes and masks as moviegoers are experiencing today. Many trace this current trend back to two movies, X-Men and Spider-Man. As a modest success in 2000, X-Men proved super-powered characters in costumes could be accepted by audiences. Just two years later, Spider-Man achieved mega-blockbuster status. But there is another film that serves as the granddaddy of the modern superhero film and truly paved the way for the genre: Blade.

http://whatculture.com/film/5-lessons-blade-taught-studios-superhero-movies-clearly-forgotten.php

So will Ant Man do better at the box office now that it doesn't have Batman vs Superman to worry about?

It's true many of us have discussed this over the years here at the hype. The first Blade did breathe life into the superhero genre.

So will Ant Man do better at the box office now that it doesn't have Batman vs Superman to worry about?

Actually. I would love For A:AoU and Antman to swap spots and have scripts modified so Pym and Janet at least could pop up in A:AoU, but that's the fanboy in me.

I'd say somewhat better just for not being so close to another SH movie or big blockbuster.

seems to me that Batman vs Superman had something to worry about. they kind of rushed to get news about it out there. but i don't think that they had that strong of a story.

With BvS out of the way, Ant-Man could very well end up as the third highest grossing film of 2015 now.

With BvS out of the way, Ant-Man could very well end up as the third highest grossing film of 2015 now.

It's not likely, while I hope it does well alot of other franchises are having sequels or reboots supposedly to be released in 2015 which will gather a huge audience. Hopefully Ant-Man can make the top ten for sure!

It probably helps but ultimately Ant-Man has to stand on its own merits if it wants to make big at the box office and entice audiences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"