The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm extremely happy that Edgar Wright wants to use Scott Lang. he's been my favorite character for a long time. he's probably my favorite Ant-Man, as well; followed by Eric O'Grady. 'To Steal An Ant-Man' was a great story, as well. i wonder if they'll create a new villain or use Darren Cross.

I'm thinking Cross and CTE would be a good route to take with the villain. Put Crossfire in there....it'd also make for a good excuse to give Hawkeye something to do in the MCU, too.

I'm thinking Cross and CTE would be a good route to take with the villain. Put Crossfire in there....it'd also make for a good excuse to give Hawkeye something to do in the MCU, too.

they could definately use it to set up Crossfire as a potential enemy of S.H.I.E.L.D/Hawkeye.

I think Pym should be a scientist either working for SHIELD or freelance. He discovers Pym Particles but is having a hard time getting SHIELD to embrace his research (maybe it has a time limit for how long a subject can remain small). While snooping around in their other projects (to see his competition), he discovers resources being siphoned off from SHIELD (AIM, guess we'll see what their existence is like in IM3), so he decides to use his own discovery to stop the theft and prove his technology's worth to SHIELD.

I do like the idea of Wasp getting roped into helping him and tagging along. I've been championing the idea of them having witty sparring banter. Like Tracy/Hepburn. A super-powered couple isn't something we've seen on film much. Would be refreshing and different.

I would love to see Ant-Man and Wasp partners like Batman and Robin. That is something we haven't seen from marvel yet.

You could have Pym work with Janet's father and then when he is killed by AIM they team up to go after them.

Why do so many people on these boards seem to want to attach Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne to SHIELD and/or AIM....? :huh:

Neither had anything to do with AIM in the comics; and the SHIELD angle is applicable only to the Ultimates version of the couple.

I'm not super attached to Pym working for SHIELD myself either. I do think AIM would make good villains though and Pym has had run ins with AIM in the comics.

Why do so many people on these boards seem to want to attach Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne to SHIELD and/or AIM....? :huh:

Neither had anything to do with AIM in the comics; and the SHIELD angle is applicable only to the Ultimates version of the couple.
Like it or not, the movies have taken a LOT from the Ultimate universe, and not just the MCU. And that was part of the whole point of the Ultimate line in the first place--Marvel specifically wanted their Ultimate writers to write in a way that would make their characters conducive to being adapted into films in the 21st century.

Neither had anything to do with AIM in the comics.

that's not true. Monica Rappaccini very aggressively attempted to recruit Pym into A.I.M. the organization (see: Ant-Man & the Wasp mini) is apparently fans of his mad science; Ultron in particular.

no idea how I've not seen this yet.
[YT]qGJ0tMAxbkk[/YT]
sorry if this is old but it's pretty BA.

It's pretty damn sweet. I wish they'd go ahead and release the actual test footage.

I like the fighting style. I wonder if Edgar is going to go full matrix with backflips and kung fu type fighting?

I like the fighting style. I wonder if Edgar is going to go full matrix with backflips and kung fu type fighting?

I've heard Wright saying it'll an effects heavy film. so that's exactly what I'm hoping it'll be.

I hope Edgar doesn't do that fast edit thing with Ant-Man

I don't know if I'd mind that or not. I've always been a fan of it, but dunno about a superhero flick.

Winstead said recently she'd love to work with Wright again:

Wright is known for using his favorite actors in multiple films, so we couldn’t resist asking Winstead when we caught up with her at the Spirit Awards if she would ever want to work with the director again.

“Oh yeah,” she told IFC on the red carpet. “I mean, he’s so busy. I can never keep track.”

Wright definitely does know how to keep himself busy, having just completed “The World’s End” and now gearing up for his Marvel superhero movie “Ant-Man.” When we asked Winstead if she would try to finagle herself a part in that movie — after all, it still hasn’t cast any leads yet — she laughingly admitted that she’d love to be involved.

“Sure, I can be in ‘Ant-Man.’ Why not?” she said. “I love him and hopefully we’ll work together again.”

http://www.ifc.com/fix/2013/02/spirit-awards-mary-elizabeth-winstead-edgar-wright

I'd be absolutely fine with her playing Janet.

I wouldn't mind her Winstead playing Janet atleast we won't get a strong Wasp with her in the role

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"