Release Date? Which "Phase" would the movie be?

Considering how close the release date is to the second Avengers film, you would think Hank would definitely have some role in it. Perhaps he won't have superpowers yet, but be a bit like Bruce in the first Avengers.

Quite possible but he won't be suited up clearly.

Also I'd be shocked if the Guardians didn't appear in Avengers 2 in some capacity. GOTG is setting up Thanos for Avengers 2 after all.

This also makes sense if you think about what Wright has said his plans are for the movie's set up with Scott already replacing Hank. This way, Hank won't be the random scientist who made the suit and got it stolen but instead will be an established character from Avengers 2 and possibly even before that with a cameo in Iron Man 3.

Also, hopefully this means Phase 3 will focus on introducing the other tent pole Avengers besides like Strange, Panther, and Vision, as it appears phase 2 will be more about further establishing the already existing characters as a force in the MCU rather than making the team bigger.

This is sort of disappointing, I wanted Ant-Man (& Wasp) in Avengers 2. Oh well, atleast the movie is getting made.

Given the latest news, I'd like to see Phase III look like this:

Ant-Man 3--November 2015
Thor 3--May 2016
Captain America 3--November 2016
Black Panther--May 2017
Ant-Man 2--July 2017
Avengers 3--May 2018

Given the latest news, I'd like to see Phase III look like this:

Ant-Man 3--November 2015
Thor 3--May 2016
Captain America 3--November 2016
Black Panther--May 2017
Ant-Man 2--July 2017
Avengers 3--May 2018

I honestly don't expect either Ant-Man or GOTG to get sequels. Unless they're off-the-chart wildly successful. But otherwise, their main purpose seems to be just to set up characters and plotlines for TA2 and TA3.

Replace Ant-Man 2 with Ms. Marvel in 2017, and/or Dr. Strange in there somewhere, and I think you've got Phase III mapped out pretty well.

I honestly don't expect either Ant-Man or GOTG to get sequels. Unless they're off-the-chart wildly successful. But otherwise, their main purpose seems to be just to set up characters and plotlines for TA2 and TA3.

Replace Ant-Man 2 with Ms. Marvel in 2017, and/or Dr. Strange in there somewhere, and I think you've got Phase III mapped out pretty well.
GotG is about an entire group of characters who won't be seen elsewhere. It screams sequel. Sure, the *reason* it's being made is Thanos, but they're about to go all-in on the team, with a huge, cross-platform push.

Ant-Man is a great candidate for a one-off film, though, like Hulk.

I think Thor 3 will come out In 2016 and cap 3 In 2017.

GOTG and ant-man's box office will determine if they get sequels.

The black panther and dr strange are most likely new films after ant-man.

Since its after The Avengers 2, I think it will be Phase 3.

But YAY @ this finally getting a release date.

Would love to see TIH 2 in that phase 3.

GDT just confirmed yesterday that his vaporware Hulk TV show is still in a holding pattern because Marvel can't get the writer they want, so it looks more and more like that show will never materialize.

If it doesn't, then yeah, I'd say a TIH sequel/soft reboot/whatever is extremely likely for a Phase III film.

GotG is about an entire group of characters who won't be seen elsewhere. It screams sequel. Sure, the *reason* it's being made is Thanos, but they're about to go all-in on the team, with a huge, cross-platform push.

This. Times 20.

Guardians of the Galaxy is like everything else. If it hits the black, there will be a sequel.

Ant-Man will be a one off because it would take Edgar Wright 10 more years to make a sequel, unless they handed it off to a new director.

This. Times 20.

Guardians of the Galaxy is like everything else. If it hits the black, there will be a sequel.

Ant-Man will be a one off because it would take Edgar Wright 10 more years to make a sequel, unless they handed it off to a new director.

I think its vastly more likely they'd just use Ant-Man as a supporting character or team member in future movies, unless Ant-Man made *serious* money ( like, Iron Man dollars ).

I think its vastly more likely they'd just use Ant-Man as a supporting character or team member in future movies, unless Ant-Man made *serious* money ( like, Iron Man dollars ).

It's all about marketing and if the GA will eat it up.

This just in:

Ant-Man is officially Phase *2.*

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/11/20/marvel-phase-one-phase-two/

Even more compelling for fans in the $219 set is a chance to look ahead to Marvel’s Phase Two, which starts in May with Iron Man 3 and includes Thor: The Dark World, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, Ant-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy and, of course, The Avengers 2.

Ant-Man will be part of the Phase II preview in the Phase I collectors' edition that comes out April 2; even though the movie comes out after Avengers 2.

Guess that shoots holes in the theory that Avengers is meant to "wrap up" each consecutive phase....maybe chronologically, Ant-Man is meant to take place *before* Avengers 2's story?

Perhaps Ant-Man could take place while the events of Avengers 2 happen like they did with the Incredible Hulk and IronMan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"