Release Date? Which "Phase" would the movie be?

All else being equal, go with the solution that doesn't violate the established tone of the setting. And the tone of the setting as currently established? Makes random Hunted By The Law subplots unlikely.

All else being equal, go with the solution that doesn't violate the established tone of the setting. And the tone of the setting as currently established? Makes random Hunted By The Law subplots unlikely.

Well I think Marvel certainly not going with the establish tone for Phase Two...

You Have Tony's Home getting Blown up in Iron Man 3, You Have a Key Character (Probably Odin) Dying in Thor: TDW, and you have Captain America's best friend being brought back as Soviet Brain Washed Assassin... Not to mention all the other weird things we will see in Guardians of the Galaxy...

I think the current Tone of Marvel films will be upset somewhat by Phase Two films...

Besides Fury's getting discharged from SHIELD has been done in both the Ultimates as well as Earth 616 continuation..

and seeing as All of Marvel's films plot-lines have followed both these continuities, it wouldn't seem totally out of the realm of possibility that Marvel will have Fury being discharged and in hiding...

as this will allow Marvel to stretch SLJ 9 movie deal, by him making sporadic appearances throughout there future films, without him having to do much in terms of action.

Per the OP this film is going to be in 2014 based on Feige's statements. If it gets pushed back at all, due to competition in winter '14 or f/x issues, I see it as a Feb/March '15 film. Both months have proven they can handle films of this type. The audience will show up.

I'm doubtful that there will even be a phase 3 (it'd probably be too much of a pain to renew all of the actors' contracts and stuff) so it's kinda now or never.
I see that many already shot down this uniformed statement. You either don't know how things fully work or have blinders on for just Avengers material.
RDJ will get signed, he enjoys it and Kevin and crew want him---Disney will "find" the money among that $1.5BILLION the Avengers pulled in not to mention what's sure to be a $350m+ US take for IM3. SLJ had a 9 picture deal, not counting the cameo in IM1 cause that was a one off, he still has 6 left. Evans has a 5 pic deal, 3 left. Hemsworth and Ruffalo likewise.

Let's say that all contracts were up and no one wanted to be back. A Phase 3 would still happen cause the bullpen of characters Marvel has to pull from still exist. They would recast Banner, bring out Dr.Strange, probably have Ghost Rider back, bring Valkryie over from Thor and we'd have a build up to say....Defenders. Something. Phase 3 and 4 are going to happen....bank on it, Disney has.

Per the OP this film is going to be in 2014 based on Feige's statements. If it gets pushed back at all, due to competition in winter '14 or f/x issues, I see it as a Feb/March '15 film. Both months have proven they can handle films of this type. The audience will show up.

I see that many already shot down this uniformed statement. You either don't know how things fully work or have blinders on for just Avengers material.
RDJ will get signed, he enjoys it and Kevin and crew want him---Disney will "find" the money among that $1.5BILLION the Avengers pulled in not to mention what's sure to be a $350m+ US take for IM3. SLJ had a 9 picture deal, not counting the cameo in IM1 cause that was a one off, he still has 6 left. Evans has a 5 pic deal, 3 left. Hemsworth and Ruffalo likewise.

Let's say that all contracts were up and no one wanted to be back. A Phase 3 would still happen cause the bullpen of characters Marvel has to pull from still exist. They would recast Banner, bring out Dr.Strange, probably have Ghost Rider back, bring Valkryie over from Thor and we'd have a build up to say....Defenders. Something. Phase 3 and 4 are going to happen....bank on it, Disney has.

Greaet post. I agree with everything you've said :up:

Evans and Co had 6 pics, 3 solo, 3 Avengers. Downey had 3 solo and 1 Avengers. I see them signing Downey back on at least for 2 more Avengers, and maybe 1 more solo.

The MCU is never going to end until Marvel is no longer profitable, Disney sells it, or the apocalypse. People forget that Marvel Studios is a FILM COMPANY. A film company that doesn't make films is nothing.

Unless Marvel gets back Spider-Man, X-Men and F4, I suggest we'll see an almost endless stream of movies for Cap, Iron Man, Thor, and The Avengers, at least a trilogy for Guardians of the Galaxy, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, and Namor, Reboots for Daredevil, Blade, Punisher, and Ghost Rider (when they get him back), and at least one film for dozens of other characters before those of us who die natural deaths pass on.

Last edited:
Well do you have a better idea? A film company that isn't making films isn't much of a film company.

Btw, Ant-Man release date: November 6, 2015.

Which still begs the question: which phase would the movie be?

We're all assuming Avengers is the wrap-up of each phase, as it was in Phase I. Now I'm not so sure that will be the case with TA2 and Phase II....it would just seem a little strange to announce just *one* Phase III movie.

Which still begs the question: which phase would the movie be?

We're all assuming Avengers is the wrap-up of each phase, as it was in Phase I. Now I'm not so sure that will be the case with TA2 and Phase II....it would just seem a little strange to announce just *one* Phase III movie.
As I recall, they announced Iron Man 3 before they announced any of the other Phase II movies. Now that MS is chugging along at its desired two-movie-per-year rate, I don't know that it needs to announce its full upcoming slate all at once anymore, as they did with Phase I. In fact, I believe they have announced the release dates of each of the Phase II movies separately as time has gone on, so it should not be so surprising or strange if they continue to do so.

So I'm guessing that Ant-Man is Phase III.

Yeah, IM3 was announced a loooong time ago. Then Thor 2 was announced, Cap 2 at the beginning of the year, Guardians at comic con, Avengers 2 a little while after, etc. They've been announcing them one at a time ever since that big Iron Man 1 opening weekend announcement.

I'm sure Ant-Man will be in A2, probably have some of the more comedic moments, helping build interest in a solo flick a few months later. Smart move by Marvel.

I see Pym really being the Banner/Hulk of A2...the audience is gonna want more and, unlike the lack of IH2, they'll actually get it the following November

Well I had said I thought the earliest Ant-Man would hit theatres was july/august 2015
after The avengers sequel.

Very good chance the post credit scene of avengers sequel will be ant-man related.

This says marvel is still planning for 2 films a year for now.

I'm sure Ant-Man will be in A2, probably have some of the more comedic moments, helping build interest in a solo flick a few months later. Smart move by Marvel.

I see Pym really being the Banner/Hulk of A2...the audience is gonna want more and, unlike the lack of IH2, they'll actually get it the following November
If true, this will be the first solo movie based on a character that will have already been introduced in a previous movie. Interesting. It works if Wright still has Lang as the central protagonist.

I wonder how will It be structured

first half on henry Pym and second hour on Scott lang
prologue at begining with Pym then rest of film with Lang
focus on Lang with flashbacks to Pym.

Yeah, IM3 was announced a loooong time ago. Then Thor 2 was announced, Cap 2 at the beginning of the year, Guardians at comic con, Avengers 2 a little while after, etc. They've been announcing them one at a time ever since that big Iron Man 1 opening weekend announcement.

When Marvel "unveiled" phase 2, they'd already announced Iron Man 3, Thor 2, and Cap 2, complete with release dates. I imagine we'll see the phase 3 schedule unfurl before Avengers 2 is out.

When Marvel "unveiled" phase 2, they'd already announced Iron Man 3, Thor 2, and Cap 2, complete with release dates. I imagine we'll see the phase 3 schedule unfurl before Avengers 2 is out.

Kang, you need to update your signature. ;)

At least in part. The Phase 2 unveiling this past July didn't include Avengers 2 or its release date since it hadn't been set yet (and of course, this whole thread was created). I can picture a similar type of thing for SDCC 2015: Ant-Man and a few other Phase III movies will have already been announced/set, one or two will be revealed, but the whole slate probably won't be fully set by then.

Mmmmmm this has me thinking about the team... Will the team be the same 6, or will Ms Marvel or Ant-Man be added to the mix...

If Pym is infact in Avengers it might not guarantee that we get to see him as Ant-Man, he could affectively just be a supporting player... I guess it depends on what Edgar Wright wants to do with the character, that will determine how will he be used in Avengers.

But I think Pym could be a good start for Marvel's Phase Three, I can't see him being the finale to Phase Two, especially after the Avengers 2.

The whole thing makes sense to me. Three films a year just didn't seem practical.

I wish it would have been a 2014 release and the november 2015 spot could be used for Dr. Strange instead. But I'm fine with the way it is

if they cannot fit it into Phase II, then Ant Man needs to be the first film in Phase III.

Mmmmmm this has me thinking about the team... Will the team be the same 6, or will Ms Marvel or Ant-Man be added to the mix...

If Pym is infact in Avengers it might not guarantee that we get to see him as Ant-Man, he could affectively just be a supporting player... I guess it depends on what Edgar Wright wants to do with the character, that will determine how will he be used in Avengers.

But I think Pym could be a good start for Marvel's Phase Three, I can't see him being the finale to Phase Two, especially after the Avengers 2.

I'd bet on Falcon and War Machine getting added to Avengers 2 (affirmative action yay), and possible cameos from a scientist named Hank Pym and a fighter pilot named Carol Danvers. Neither of the latter with superpowers yet, though.

So he's Phase 3? That makes more sense I suppose, seeing as Phase 2 is pretty jammed packed with characters anyway. I mean as of now Avengers 2 is set to include: Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Star-Lord, Drax the Destroyer, Gamora, Groot, and Rocket Raccoon. Not to mention there are rumors about Ms. Marvel appearing. Oh and let's not forget that Iron Patriot and Falcon are floating around; and who knows what will become of Winter Soldier?

So quite frankly I'm just not sure there'd be room for Ant-Man in Phase 2. This is probably for the best.

Considering how close the release date is to the second Avengers film, you would think Hank would definitely have some role in it. Perhaps he won't have superpowers yet, but be a bit like Bruce in the first Avengers.

So he's Phase 3? That makes more sense I suppose, seeing as Phase 2 is pretty jammed packed with characters anyway. I mean as of now Avengers 2 is set to include: Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Star-Lord, Drax the Destroyer, Gamora, Groot, and Rocket Raccoon. Not to mention there are rumors about Ms. Marvel appearing. Oh and let's not forget that Iron Patriot and Falcon are floating around; and who knows what will become of Winter Soldier?

So quite frankly I'm just not sure there'd be room for Ant-Man in Phase 2. This is probably for the best.

I don't think the Guardians are going to be in TA2.

Considering how close the release date is to the second Avengers film, you would think Hank would definitely have some role in it. Perhaps he won't have superpowers yet, but be a bit like Bruce in the first Avengers.

Yeah, I'm confident we'll see Pym before the Ant-Man solo, most likely in TA2 in some capacity since their shooting schedules will be so close.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"