The Official Batman Forever Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Batman World' started by BatmanRules33, Apr 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaRkVeNgeanCe

DaRkVeNgeanCe An Epic Film Guy

That's pretty funny, I remember when Kilmer was cast as a kid how truly upset it got me when my dad told me Michael Keaton wouldn't be Batman any more, if I remember correctly at the age of around 9 I cried.

All it took was me seein the BF trailer (with the Elman score) play winter of 95 around March on a big screen at a Warner Bros store (I'm sure you remember those) to get me geeked out and super excited about the new Batman film. They had already had out shirts with the bat and question mark which I got that moment, that logo was so sleek, mysterious and cool, I can actully remember the feeling of excitement at that moment.

As a kid I loved BF and had absolutely no problem with it aside from them ditching Elfman's theme to me that WAS Batman.

2. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Cool Rider

Ditching the theme felt kind of right to me... even as a kid.

The Danny Elfman march belongs to Michael Keaton (and a modified version to Conroy). The new theme worked for Kilmer/Clooney.

3. BatLobsterRises

BatLobsterRises Lobsterized

I remember being pretty upset about them losing the Elfman theme initially, but I got used to it.

What's crazy is I remember being 8 years old and my mom reading an article in the paper about how Michael Keaton wasn't coming back and some guy named Val Kilmer was playing Batman. When she told me my reaction was complete disbelief, shock and confusion. It was as if I had been betrayed. :funny:

4. shauner111

shauner111 Well-Known Member

I actually loved the theme in Batman Forever. I got pissed when Keaton was re-cast but I got used to it. Kilmer was fine, Clooney wasn't.

5. The Shape

The Shape In the shadows

As a kid, it's hard to get past the "coolness" factor of any movie to see its flaws. I wasnt even 10 years old when BF came out, so of course, I loved every second and got every toy I could get my hands on. I even liked B&R, although I think I was more into all of the awesome toys that came out with that one. So, in a sense, we could say that Schumacher accomplished exactly what WB wanted him to, which was bring the kids back into theaters for Batman and to push the insane toy line they had going for them.

Upon growing up and being able to truly understand things like character/story devlopment (as well as studio interference/politics), I was faced with the harsh reality that these 2 Schumacher films weren't all that great after all. That realization was definitely a sad moment for me, lol

6. shauner111

shauner111 Well-Known Member

Id have to agree. Even though I wasn't in love with Batman Forever, I still really liked it. Batman & Robin on the other hand, I was like 10 when that came out and hated everything about it.

7. TruerToTheCore

TruerToTheCore Well-Known Member

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zuy4828wpvg[/YT]

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ateQQc-AgEM[/YT]

8. Two-Face

Two-Face Harvey Dent

Bale & Keaton are my favourite live-action Batman I liked Kilmer he was great as Bruce/Batman in my opinion he was underrated. I'm glad he didn't return for B&R I just wished he was given a Burton or a Nolan script he would been great in their universe.

9. DaRkVeNgeanCe

I forgot that I had the Goldenthal score on my old ipod so I listened to it on one of my breaks at work today, and I forgot how awesome a lot of this score is, some of it's hokey but overall it's a great score for BF perfectly fit the tone.

10. Elevator Man

Elevator Man Well-Known Member

^
    [​IMG]

Glad to see there's somebody else who likes Goldenthal's score for BF. I think it's very underrated up here probably b/c of it's association with the movie.

11. Ponyboy

Ponyboy Serenity now!

[YT]-rF_MDb03dA[/YT]

12. Dave McFly

Dave McFly Zemeckis Cube!

fixed those for you

13. Kane52630

Kane52630 Just Some Nut

haha

14. zeo5

zeo5 Member

Hey guys, sign me too! BF score is my favorite score of the quadro(BAT)ology (well... favorite with first 1989 movie), and... maybe favorite BAT (from quadrology, not trilogy!) movie:cwink:. I listened this score (especially extended release from LaLaLand) many-many times, and had learned almost all dialogies from movie. Like it!

15. Hordakfan

Hordakfan Well-Known Member

I was 14 when i saw this in theaters and liked it, i thought it was ok but not quite like the first 2 and i had a few of those McD glasses.

Who thinks "Kiss from a Rose" is an awesome song?

16. DigificWriter

DigificWriter Well-Known Member

I talked about this in another thread, but, tonally, Batman Forever really isn't that significantly different from Batman '89 and Batman Returns; the disturbing freakishness of BR is gone, yes, but the film still retains the gothic/noir visuals and characterizations of B89 and BR, and Kilmer's Bruce/Batman feels like the same character as Keaton's.

Kilmer also remains my second-favorite of the live-action Batmen behind Bale primarily because of his fight scenes, the way he looks in the suit, and the way he plays the scene where he tells Chase about why he became Batman. I also like the chemistry he has with Chris O'Donnell.

17. Cain

Cain I Heart Amazons

I saw it when I was 12 and left the cinema very disappointed. Understand that I've been watching movies across all ratings since I was 4 years old. So I was a very precocious kid and since I was a loner growing up for most part and used to find solace only in visiting the theaters every week (local cinema was $3.50 AND they didn't card) and renting tapes at the local video store I was a bit of a movie nerd who had been exposed to a lot of classics by then.

I really hated how terribly written and campy the villains were compared to the more serious and competently written heroes. Especially because growing up Two-Face was my favorite Bat villain. It was too jarring and led to the movie having no tone and feeling like 2 different movies trying to function as one. Even saw it a second time with my entire 6th grade class from school as our last school trip before summer vacation and still didn't really like it at all.

However I did love the soundtrack and the score indeed is pretty damn spiffy. But it wasn't till years later that I actually learned to appreciate the movie itself. Now I find myself often defending it's merits especially when people decide to group it with B&R just because it was made by the same people, as if it's that bad of a movie when it isn't.

18. StarLord

StarLord Laughing

I watched BF today and I still love it. Only thing that annoys me is Hammy Lee Jones' Two-Face, but after awhile I just blank him out.

19. DaRkVeNgeanCe

I like him as Two-Face in the beginning of the film, but he gets worse and worse as the film goes on.

20. BatSpider

BatSpider Not an S

Oh cmon, I think the score is LEGENDARY. The subtle trumpet and violin at the beginning of the title theme gets me more riled than any other theme. :hrt::hrt:

21. TheDarkKnight08

So I'm doing a series of illustrations from all the Batmen from the films, and I just finished this one. I may not like BF as much as Nolan and Burton's, but dammit, if it wasn't for this movie, I wouldn't have gotten into Batman in the first place, so this is humbly dedicated to that.

[​IMG]

22. The Caped Knight

The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

23. The Caped Knight

The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

also here a hot pic of Kidman with Killmer back in the day
    [​IMG]

24. Senator Pleasury

Senator Pleasury Well-Known Member

25. Pfeiffer-Pfan

Pfeiffer-Pfan Cool Rider

I don't care what anybody says... The Panther and Sonar suits from Forever were downright awesome.

Minus the nipples of course, but even then they didn't offend me like they did some others. :dry:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.