Batman Forever The Official Batman Forever Thread - Part 2

Exactly. And you're not wrong--a young child actor certainly wouldn't be able to convincingly drag a grown-adult Batman out of rubble/debris. But I was assuming some fancasting would require some slight alteration to the final film. Maybe he hits Two Face with a slingshot, causing his rocket to miss its target and not fully bury Batman. Just a thought
in the comics though they had Tim Drake pull Batman out of the rubble after Two-Face sets off an explosion. I assume the screenwriters based that scene off that book.
and he was a kid, it works better in comics i think but then again as i was saying, kid Conan worked as a fighter of numerous adult males, so no reason to think Robin couldn't, he would have to be pretty vicious though, i think anyway, to take down adults.
youre right though it wouldnt have worked onscreen with a kid pulling him out of the debris, even though it was fine in the comics.

Last edited:

God, I really love TLJ’s Two-Face. When McFarlane works his way around to doing a Forever line, I’ll probably get them all, but I’m really gunning for that Two-Face.

I remember these. I think I had a Riddler.

Release window seems plausible enough. Giant bat being in the mix feels like a shot in the dark, though.

First time I’ll probably be getting all the figures in a build-a-figure wave, so it’s only natural that I don’t care that much about the figure being put together.

Forever being a full year off just so it can coincide with that movie’s 30th anniversary kind of has me hoping that we might see something for ‘89 this year, given that that movie is celebrating its 35th.

The giant bat looks cool but I'm laughing at the build a figure being something that was more heavily showcased in a deleted scene rather than Chase Meridian or even B&R Bane (different movie but still Schumacher).

I wasn’t expecting a Chase figure any more than I’m expecting Vicki Vale when they get around to the Burton movies, but yeah, Bane would’ve made some sense.

Quite honestly, I’m a little pissed he wasn’t the build-a-figure for the B&R line. Freeze should’ve just been his own figure.

Boy, that Icons Unearthed episode on the Schumacher films was quite something. Stephen Goldblatt did not hold back regarding Schumacher's alleged lazy attitude and questionable behavior.

Sounds messy all around. The only cast member that got any kind of praise was Kidman.

Finally saw To Die For and it's crazy how both that and BF came out so close to each other...

...might even have topped Eyes Wide Shut for her best performance, for me.

Nicole was on fire.

Also, I'd die for a Chase figure.

Much as I've come to rediscover my love for TLJ's riculouslty ott, campy Two-Face, it'll always be a shame that we didn't get a morose and sinister take from him instead. Because I think he would have been masterful. The mere idea of Tommy Lee Jones as Two-Face just inherently makes sense. It seems like the sort of role that would fit him like a glove. I think a TLJ who actually put in the effort and took the role seriously would have easily outclassed Aaron Eckhart's version.

Much as I've come to rediscover my love for TLJ's riculouslty ott, campy Two-Face, it'll always be a shame that we didn't get a morose and sinister take from him instead. Because I think he would have been masterful. The mere idea of Tommy Lee Jones as Two-Face just inherently makes sense. It seems like the sort of role that would fit him like a glove. I think a TLJ who actually put in the effort and took the role seriously would have easily outclassed Aaron Eckhart's version.
Case in point, back in the '90s Tommy Lee Jones played Ty Cobb in a movie and as a kid I remember seeing some of it when my dad was watching it on TV and being much more scared of him in the little I saw of that than I ever was of him in Batman Forever.

But I also think that the studio would have been reluctant to go significantly darker with Two-Face anyway because they were fully intent on making it more kid-friendly after the Karen brigade took up arms against Batman Returns.

I watched some of the Icons Unearthed doc series episodes focusing on the Batman movie franchise and a couple of people who worked on Forever painted Joel Schumacher in a negative light. Which surprised me because he's usually talked about as a well liked guy.

I watched some of the Icons Unearthed doc series episodes focusing on the Batman movie franchise and a couple of people who worked on Forever painted Joel Schumacher in a negative light. Which surprised me because he's usually talked about as a well liked guy.
I wasn't aware that anyone besides Val Kilmer had a negative experience with Schumacher during production but Kilmer was a lot to deal with himself anyway across multiple movies he made.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"