Batman Forever The Official Batman Forever Thread - Part 2

If true, that’s quite an age difference between Hawke and Keaton. Almost makes me wonder if Forever could’ve been our original reboot moment.

That doesn't sound right. I think Robin makes more sense as he's Chris O'Donnell's age. He's probably messing up which role.

Kilmer and O'Donnell already do come off as somewhat brotherly and I could see Schumacher with Hawke as Batman considering/wanting to have even more of that aspect.

One thing I've noticed is that because of Batman & Robin being received very poorly - it translated to people saying Batman Forever was ALSO received poorly/hated and flopped.

This was not the case.

The film was a smash hit and reviewed very well. It's only in retrospect that people act like 'Schumacher Batman' was a full-failure when it really was a half-failure.

If his follow-up to Forever was tonally and stylistically like Forever, Batman film history would look way different because the monumental bat-bomb his second film was is what set the course to what came in 2005 after.

I can't post it here due to some swearing but there's a great interview on a YouTube called ''Batman Forever Concept Art Revisited with Batmobile Designer Tim Flattery''

Here's the channel - https://www.youtube.com/@SuperHousePodcast

I will always stand that the Forever Batmobile is an awesome design.

Not as good as the Burton one - but a more than worthy successor.

One of my favourites.

One of my favourites.

It's an interesting episode for sure.

S6QgKNW.png

He talks about how the top design was ''the one'' and he was waiting for the final approval from WB/DC until ultimately Schumacher changed his mind last minute and their relationship kinda got rocky during this time.

It's an interesting episode for sure.

S6QgKNW.png

He talks about how the top design was ''the one'' and he was waiting for the final approval from WB/DC until ultimately Schumacher changed his mind last minute and their relationship kinda got rocky during this time.

If true, that’s quite an age difference between Hawke and Keaton. Almost makes me wonder if Forever could’ve been our original reboot moment.

I love Hawkes Batman on Batwheels. That show is pretty decent even though I’m not the target audience.

One thing I've noticed is that because of Batman & Robin being received very poorly - it translated to people saying Batman Forever was ALSO received poorly/hated and flopped.

This was not the case.

The film was a smash hit and reviewed very well. It's only in retrospect that people act like 'Schumacher Batman' was a full-failure when it really was a half-failure.

If his follow-up to Forever was tonally and stylistically like Forever, Batman film history would look way different because the monumental bat-bomb his second film was is what set the course to what came in 2005 after.

Yeah, people seem to have Forever worse in their memory because of B&R.
I definitly have a soft spot for it.
Its not perfect but there is a lot of fun stuff in it.

Its a damn shame Schumacher never got the recognition he deserved, he did good things and was only hindered by the studio wanting to go away from Burtons Batman.

I still hope we get one day Schumachers original "darker" Batman Forever.

One of my favourites.

Yup, its such a cool design...i had quite a few toys of it back in the day.
I love every Batmobile design, even the Batman and Robin one...love how long it looks and all.
But the Forever Batmobile has a cool design idea.

One of my favourites.
I still love the blue internal lighting on the Forever Batmobile and I went crazy for the toy as a kid because it lit up the same way.

Wanted to point out that the Schumacher films are getting the same 4K Steelbook Collector's Deluxe treatment that The Dark Knight Trilogy/Burton Duology did.

14234776-7565020625292054.jpg

images

Oh man, i should get me those.
I dont have a 4K TV and all, but damn...this looks so good.

Vintage CBS This Morning Interviews with Tommy Lee Jones and Nicole Kidman regarding Batman Forever.

What if Matt Damon had played Robin in Batman Forever and Batman & Robin (and he also gotten some of the blame for the latter), and maybe Chris O'Donnell had gotten the role of Private Ryan in Saving Private Ryan, how different might their careers have been?

The Batmobile in this film really is a thing of beauty - and it's a strong follow-up to the Burton Batmobile.

Batman-Forever-Batmobile-01.jpg

I had a blast revisiting this film, yesterday. Not seen it in its entirety in maybe 15-20 years.

Truly...it's a damn solid Batman film. Is it Top 5? No. But it's a solid film - and the best attempt to have dark-Batman and light-Batman in one palette-able film.

342899736_614181810629152_5432010733761720558_n.jpg

343271280_1416501119135483_6212248830978952146_n.jpg

I was surprised to see this article on Batman Forever. The general perception is that it did gangbusters financially (and it did) but I found it interesting that the legs were weaker that Batman Returns and that the video debuted to lower sales than Returns as well.

img.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"