Batman & Robin The Official Batman & Robin Thread - Part 1

Part of me wonders if McFarlane also might be working backwards through the movie incarnations. He had the DC license in time to do The Batman, he’s been able to do the Affleck take a few times with ZSJL and The Flash, then he did The Dark Knight Trilogy earlier this year, now B&R.

Knowing he already has Kilmer and B89 Keaton in that collection he’s doing, I have to imagine more is coming.

Gonna need that Clooney. Maybe Ivy too. Just wish Freeze wasn’t a build-a-figure.

Thank God he is starting to put a little more effort into the packaging. And the figures look great. I'm very tempted to get Clooney.

Ironic that maybe the best looking 6" scale Batman movie figures available at mass retail that we've ever gotten are from Batman and Robin. :o

Ironic that maybe the best looking 6" scale Batman movie figures available at mass retail that we've ever gotten are from Batman and Robin. :o
At the very least, the Batmen of each movie set have looked good. I’m not a huge fan of the suit Bale wore in TDK/TDKR, but I love the figure McFarlane did.

Some of the supporting cast/villains… different story (Looking at you, TDK Two-Face and Kravitz Catwoman).

At the very least, the Batmen of each movie set have looked good. I’m not a huge fan of the suit Bale wore in TDK/TDKR, but I love the figure McFarlane did.

Some of the supporting cast/villains… different story (Looking at you, TDK Two-Face and Kravitz Catwoman).
Even pre-McFarlane, I was a fan of the TDK trilogy Movie Masters figures from Mattel but the likenesses weren't all that great.

It’s funny that they were blatantly aping the BTAS style here, because I vividly remember Taco Bell putting out Batman toys around the time the movie came out, but instead of being the versions of the characters specific to B&R, it was their BTAS designs. I’m pretty sure I have a toy somewhere that’s the BTAS Freeze and Ivy posed together and that’s what it came from.

Could an intelligent, or at least non-mindless joke, version of Bane have been worked into the movie? With better motivation for working with Ivy than just being mindless follower?

How about, he's been her protector since she was a little girl when they were both prisoners in a far-off country, and in tribute to her father who sprang them both from that underground jail, he now works tirelessly as her faithful serv-

No, wait, that doesn't quite work either.

It’s funny that they were blatantly aping the BTAS style here, because I vividly remember Taco Bell putting out Batman toys around the time the movie came out, but instead of being the versions of the characters specific to B&R, it was their BTAS designs. I’m pretty sure I have a toy somewhere that’s the BTAS Freeze and Ivy posed together and that’s what it came from.

They did this in the UK as well:

s-l400.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

Goddammit, it’s becoming too tempting to pick up all the figures now that I see how good that Freeze looks.

Yeah they're great. They've also done the MCU, Fast and Furious, LOTR, and Star Wars too.

Yeah they're great. They've also done the MCU, Fast and Furious, LOTR, and Star Wars too.
Looking at the episode list, this is right up my alley. I've been getting a little bored of the standard "interview" podcasts so any time I can branch out with a rewatch type of show that deconstructs a movie like this or How Did This Get Made? I'm all for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"