The Official Batman TAS Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely... at least let Bruce Timm be the art director or something.

I'd rather see Timm and Dini do a Batman animated film for the big screen. I'm talking real budget, as cinematic as possible. MOTP is great, but I'm envisioning something on even grander scale with huge action and an epic story. And darker, ala Under The Red Hood/Return of The Joker.

It'll never happen, but a fan can dream...

I started watching the series over again. Just finished season one and I'm midway through season two. Such a fantastic series wow. I was only a few years old way back when it first came on but I can really appreciate it now. I feel like this is one of the more definitive adaptations of Bats.

Easily the most definitive adaption. No other adaption got so many things right with Batman like BTAS.

Continuing with my BTAS/TNBA gifs, Episode: Two-Face, Part II

C3kC2Jk.gif
dT7G5B0.gif

bOgNxGC.gif
q0Jynq3.gif

iLjxHpA.gif
eNt9OFd.gif

gaaGhgV.gif
d5Dgs6M.gif

P2vtaZt.gif
VyBywzJ.gif

Not my definitive Batman but there are a lot of episodes that are for me. There are just quite a few I don't like that hold it back from being my definitive Batman. Especially Bane. What do you have against him, Dini?

That said, it also has quite simply the best Mr. Freeze story (A Heart of Ice) ever, in my opinion. And Two Face is an amazing episode, so glad that came on the TDKReturns, Part 1 Blu Ray. And watching Christmas with the Joker is a Christmas tradition for me. That episode is just so much fun.

Explosions in this show are grand, Michael Bay grand. Strange Secret of Bruce Wayne is a good example of these explosions, the bridge explosion in BB:RotJ before the credits is another
At least there are not many explosions

What's with your obsession with Michael Bay all of a sudden?

Heard bad things about him, then he took the Ninja Turtles
Watched some of his movies, and boy are they bad, with lots and lots of extravagant explosions
Now I'm watching this Batman show, can't help but notice how similar explosions here are to explosions in Bay films; EXTRAVAGANT

idk why but i always chuckle in two face part one
at the part when batman turns harvey over
and lets out this dramatic "HARVEY...... nooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

just the way conroy says it with how they made batman's eyes widen and then his head kind of sways

A while back there was a video on YT of that very moment. Some of the comments (in the comment section) were making fun of it and the show itself b/c of it. Don't know why, but anyways I never found that moment funny. I always found that moment to be very powerful b/c Batman see's what's left of his best friend's face that he failed to save. I always feel bad for Dent and Batman/Bruce in that moment b/c they will be no longer be friends, but eachother's enemies. I also think's it's perfect in that moment that Dent's face was revealed to Batman first and not the audience. It made it that much more "chilling" of what to expect.

Last edited:
The Grey Ghost episode was so awesome. I loved hearing Adam West on here

I find it tough to compare a show with around 100 episodes to any live action interpretation that has to condense things by its very nature. However, I would say, aside from the comics, BTAS is probably the definitive depiction of the larger Batman mythos. If someone has watched the entire series without ever picking up a comic book in their life, they would still come out with a very strong knowledge and understanding of Batman and his world.

I actually think The Batman got a lot right too, in terms of being faithful to the mythos and characters. It's just that the execution of BTAS is so cinematic, whereas The Batman does feel more like a Saturday morning cartoon. That's why BTAS is so special, and I don't know if we'll ever see something like it again.

BTW, love the gifs Kane :up:

Last edited:
I wish STAS had a closer style to BTAS, instead of TNBA being made close to the style of STAS.

I honestly haven't watched it in a long time. I might buy it and revisit the series as a little warmup for Man of Steel. But from what I remember, it was good but not nearly as classic as BTAS.

"There will be a time when we all must choose between what is right and what is easy."

:o:up:

Superman: The Animated Series suffers from middle-child syndrome a little bit.

It's not as iconic or fresh as Batman: TAS. It wasn't as controversial in terms of concepts and designs as The New Batman Adventures. It wasn't a complete re-invention of the mythos like the fun Batman Beyond. Or even the epic Justice League that everyone came to love.

However, if you really go back and watch the whole show through (As I recently did)... you realise just how damn good it was. For the most part.

Amazing TMS animation, a perfect voice cast, effective design work and some stunning music. Not to mention their treatment of Brainiac and Superman's epic battles with Darseid.

It's a shame it's not as fondly remembered. It contains some of Timm and Company's best work. It's actually my favourite interpretation of Superman's world.

"There will be a time when we all must choose between what is right and what is easy."

:o:up:
:hehe:
It has some right in it, for them and us, smoother animation is a must

Superman: The Animated Series suffers from middle-child syndrome a little bit.

It's not as iconic or fresh as Batman: TAS. It wasn't as controversial in terms of concepts and designs as The New Batman Adventures. It wasn't a complete re-invention of the mythos like the fun Batman Beyond. Or even the epic Justice League that everyone came to love.

However, if you really go back and watch the whole show through (As I recently did)... you realise just how damn good it was. For the most part.

Amazing TMS animation, a perfect voice cast, effective design work and some stunning music. Not to mention their treatment of Brainiac and Superman's epic battles with Darseid.

It's a shame it's not as fondly remembered. It contains some of Timm and Company's best work. It's actually my favourite interpretation of Superman's world.
It presents my favorite version of Lex Luthor
Superman's best intepretation imo is pre-CoIE

I love Superman: TAS; I actually prefer it to Batman: TAS.

*dodges any incoming tomatoes, chairs, tables, and batarangs thrown my way*

I love Superman: TAS; I actually prefer it to Batman: TAS.

*dodges any incoming tomatoes, chairs, tables, and batarangs thrown my way*
Say something exquisite about B:TAS and we'll let you pass :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee