The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 1

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Thread Manager, Sep 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Project862006 Registered

all i have to say is JMM better pass his drug test his physique was a question mark at the age of 39 drops manny for first time in any of thier fights and ko's him with 1 punch

not to mention his current strength and conditioning coach is Angel Guillermo Heredia, the same man who testified against a number of different athletes in the high-profile BALCO case.

just saying..

2. The Game Registered

3. Raoul Duke Registered

Now that is what you call "sparked out like a light bulb". Manny clearly doesn't want to fight anymore. He's more interested in being President of the Philippines or something.

4. Poeman Registered

[​IMG]

5. DoomsdayApex Registered

Fedor had never been KOed in his career prior to fighting 'old man' Henderson, point? Pacman got caught with a punch he never saw coming.

In addition, why would Marquez wait to cheat this long?

6. Project862006 Registered

just saying his recent S&C coach hire is something to call for speculation

7. DoomsdayApex Registered

Unless he fails the drug test, there's no reason for accusations.

8. Docker2.0 Watchin' you!

Honestly, it doesnt matter if he fails the drug test or not, he ktfo. Just like fights 2 and 3 when Jmm won in a lot of people's eyes, if he comes out positive a lot of people will still see it as justice no matter what, yours truly included.

9. RKO QT's Personal Consultant.

10. Doc Samson Superhero Psychiatrist

Broken nose & a concussion. Poetic justice...

11. craigdbfan Registered

Wow I can't believe Manny got knocked out so ugly. Marquez went Bane on him.

Romney is bad luck. The kiss of death was handed to Pac.

12. B [insert witty comment]

I don't hate Pacquiao by any means at all, however him being knocked out was justice for JMM. He beat Pacquiao in their last fight regardless of what the record books say & he was screwed over by either corrupt or blind judges.

I didn't see the whole fight, however I saw the 6th round before it was pulled from Youtube & it was a brutal KO.

Undoubtedly that is the final nail in the coffin for any potential Mayweather/Pacquiao fight. In some ways I'm sad that 2 of the best P4P fighters ever that were around in the same era didn't fight.. however on the flip side I am happy that both of them have lost out on a **** ton of money because both of them were too ****ing stupid to get in an office together & work out a fair deal between each other. Seeing the fight is no longer appealing given that Pacquiao has lost his last 2 fights, one of which being a brutal KO.

Happy for Marquez though, he deserved the win.

13. TheGuy Dwelling under the Batcave

Meh. It's Pac who has the last laugh. There's a potential 5th fight, while Hatton was sent to retirement after the beating he took from Pac. :o

14. Darthphere Kneel before 'Drox!

I don't think it's a kiss of death for the fight but it gives Money a huge amount of leverage in any negotiation that happens. He might ask for a 70-30 split and get it.:o

15. B [insert witty comment]

Why would Pacquiao be laughing? He has just lost any chance of the biggest payday in his career by getting brutally knocked out by Marquez. The interest in the fight with Mayweather already dwindled after Marquez beat him in their 3rd fight regardless of what the record books said, the lose to Bradley made it die even more & the brutal KO defeat to Marquez put the final nail in the coffin.

If anything Pacquiao should be crying his eyes out right about now that he & Mayweather couldn't agree on terms to fight when they were both the top 2 P4P fighters in the world.

FYI, Hatton fought Senchenko after the Pacquiao fight, which he lost & that was the fight that retired him.

16. B [insert witty comment]

Well the fight could potentially still happen, however the interest in the fight won't be what it was say 2+ years ago. Meaning it won't make the same sort of money.

Also Pacquiao will have lost alot of negotiation power as you noted. A Mayweather/Pacquiao fight at this point isn't anymore appealing than any other Mayweather fight given that both fighters no longer look unbeatable or invincible. Now only 1 does.

17. TheGuy Dwelling under the Batcave

The poster had a pic of Hatton laughing at Pac getting knocked. Sure, Pac lost his biggest payday but that doesn't mean he's retiring, unlike Hatton. :o And I don't think Pac would be concerned with money cuz he's rich already.
    Well, he did force him into a hiatus. Career over with a single punch.

18. B [insert witty comment]

So you are basically saying, even though Pacquiao got brutally KO'd last night & essentially kissed goodbye to potentially $100m for 1 nights work.. he is somehow laughing right now more than Hatton potentially was last night? I highly doubt that.

You do also realise that the picture wasn't actually of Hatton at the fight laughing when Pacquiao went down like a sack of spuds? It's just some random picture of him laughing from somewhere. With the poster implying that Hatton was no doubt happy to see Pacquiao get KO'd & lose $100m.

Hiatus isn't retirement or the end of a career then is it.

Hatton took a break from the ring to get his head right & get his love for boxing back, during which he went into rehab to get over depression, alcohol & a drug problem just over a year after the Pacquiao fight, then he lost his boxing license after he was caught snorting a line of cocaine. The returned to the ring to fight Senchenko. After which he officially announced his retirement.

So if anything, Senchenko retired Hatton, not Pacquiao.

Pacquiao should use Hatton as inspiration & retire after being humiliated by Marquez. If he gets in the ring with Mayweather he is gonna be destroyed.

19. Iron_Stark Pepperony 3000

Justice was served Saturday night. JMM finally got the victory that the judges kept robbing him of and Paquiao and Mayweather can kiss their mega-fight goodbye, or atleast the payday that would've come with it.

Now if someone would knock Mayweather out cold like that and leave his ass sticking up in the air, all woukd be fine in the world.

20. Raoul Duke Registered

i'd like to see mayweather vs cotto II. that was probably the toughest fight he's ever had.

21. kaypain Registered

you know it's a knock out when the ref doesn't even start counting. I mean damn

22. Poetic Chaos Hella fetch.

Pacquiao is still the biggest money fight Mayweather can find. The matchup is definitely far past its prime but plenty would still want to see it. More so than Alvarez anyway.

23. Docker2.0 Watchin' you!

Agreed but It's clear Paq doesn't want to fight any more. I don't know what Arum has over him but it sure made him get back in the ring but his heart is not in it.

24. DoomsdayApex Registered

I believe JMM should retire and go out on top. He was contemplating retirement after his third fight with Pacquaio, so why not now? He's fought the best and beaten the best (other than Mayweather Jr). I don't want a fifth fight between these two. Juan has already proven to me that he's the better fighter since the original rematch.

25. Poetic Chaos Hella fetch.

This was the first Pac fight I missed in years because I had no interest in seeing the game guys for the 4th time. Even hearing how great and action-packed this was, I would still have no interest in a 5th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.