• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 5

Be very interesting if he fights Fury
A much more exciting prospect than in the last couple of years when it seemed like Joshua wasn’t competitive. Could be quite unpredictable if Joshua maintains this upward trend. It would be so satisfying to me to see Joshua KO Fury and/or Wilder.

I don’t know how anyone could pick Francis to win. These guys have been boxing their whole lives. I would pick any boxer in the top 100 to beat him. Just like he’d beat any boxer in mma.

Opetai has been fighting well against Briedis winning the vast majority of the rounds but at least Briedis is going for it in the last rounds and has some spirit.

Opetai takes it with a unanimous decision.

Meanwhile, Usyk is looking good early on against Fury.

Fury in trouble in the 9th!

Going to the judges but I had Usyk ahead by a fair number of rounds.

Usyk wins!!! 1 bent judge in there giving it to Fury but glad that one of the only good boxers in the division unites the titles.

Really felt like it was going to get called more then once there.
The ref was absolutely right to step in when he did. Fury's refusal to go down was beyond impressive but standing and eating Usyk's ****ing Final Fantasy limit break is the type of **** that shaves years off your life.

Was a great fight and one of the best heavy fights for a while. The re-match could be something.

Hopefully John Fury can stop attention seeking now as well.

The ref was absolutely right to step in when he did. Fury's refusal to go down was beyond impressive but standing and eating Usyk's ****ing Final Fantasy limit break is the type of **** that shaves years off your life.
Ropes kept Fury up there, so it is an automatic knockdown call and good spot by the ref. What I didn't notice watching it the first time however, was that Usyk was about legit send Fury into the past with a big right hand just as the ref stepped in.

Usyk could've easily got a KO victory with a different referee. Glad he got the decision at the end as he was the deserving winner of this bout.
It’s a shame it didn’t happen earlier in the round as I’m sure he could have finished it with enough time to land cleanly 1 more time, even after a count. I’m glad only one of the refs was taking a backhander or it could have been a huge injustice.

Which is an impressive feat, considering his son.
Fury is the only boxer from the UK to have been in a match where most of the UK fans were cheering for his opponent, who in this case happens to be one of the more respectable boxers. I watched this with my dad who's ill and he was so happy during round 9. :D. I'm so glad he got to see Fury get beaten. You'd think it would be impossible for any family to have 2 idiots on this level lol, but from what I've seen of John he would be the no.1 idiot in any village.

Fury is the only boxer from the UK to have been in a match where most of the UK fans were cheering for his opponent, who in this case happens to be one of the more respectable boxers. I watched this with my dad who's ill and he was so happy during round 9. :D. I'm so glad he got to see Fury get beaten. You'd think it would be impossible for any family to have 2 idiots on this level lol, but from what I've seen of John, he would the no.1 idiot in any village.
Glad it brought joy to your father. :D

I don't think I cheered at a boxing result this loud since JMM knocked out Pacman. I was just as excited as your father.

Glad it brought joy to your father. :D

I don't think I cheered at a boxing result this loud since JMM knocked out Pacman. I was just as excited as your father.
Thanks. :cwink:

That was a beast of a knockout - I had to rewatch it after you mentioned it. Really wanted Fury to go out like that too but still, round 9 saw Fury dancing much better than he did during the ring walk. :beaming:

Thanks. :cwink:

That was a beast of a knockout - I had to rewatch it after you mentioned it. Really wanted Fury to go out like that too but still, round 9 saw Fury dancing much better than he did during the ring walk. :beaming:

I watched that fight with my brother and father. When JMM hit him, I was just like Roy Jones, screaming it was over. It took my bro and dad a second to realize it.

I didn't see the fight, but a standing 8 count is BS. Look, you either stop the fight or the guy goes down. This isn't the amateur ranks. The ref has a lot of discretion, but that just doesn't really happen in the pros. If you want a mandatory 8, it happens after you went down.

I'll watch the replay at some point, but it sounds like the ref was protecting Fury.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"