Civil War The Official Captain America: Civil War News & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dialogue is terrible, 100% fake.

That supposed trailer dialogue is the worst. No way Marvel releases something that cheesy.

Well actually I just realized something...

Leakers have, in fact, been correct before, no matter how cheesy the dialogue. Remember the D23 trailer and how we never got to see a part of it until months later via leak? Well the descriptions of the footage were spot-on.

And the first teaser? Remember the line "Sometimes I just want to punch you in your perfect teeth"? As cheesy as that line was, it was legit.

I mean, would you have also believed a leaker if they told you that there would be a shot of Bucky trying to shoot Tony, who slips out a watch that transforms into a gauntlet?

I still remember someone on Reddit posting a supposed trailer transcript that was 99 percent bad one liners, complete with Tony screaming "So let's fight!!!" while attacking Steve.

Didn't someone post something like that in this thread at some point?

Leakers have, in fact, been correct before, no matter how cheesy the dialogue. Remember the D23 trailer and how we never got to see a part of it until months later via leak? Well the descriptions of the footage were spot-on.

And the first teaser? Remember the line "Sometimes I just want to punch you in your perfect teeth"? As cheesy as that line was, it was legit.

I mean, would you have also believed a leaker if they told you that there would be a shot of Bucky trying to shoot Tony, who slips out a watch that transforms into a gauntlet?

The descriptions of the D23 footage came directly from people who were AT D23. I don't know if that counts as a "leak". That line about Tony punching Cap in his teeth was also from the D23 footage. I don't think any of the footage descriptions from supposedly leakers has be accurate beyond people describing those gifs that leaked at one point.

Also they basically claim the big money shot of the trailer is Spider-Man swinging up to Avengers Tower...when the Avengers no longer operate out of Avengers Tower anymore.

People are dumping on the dialogue, but the dialogue isn't that bad. As long as they don't shout every word, like the exclamation points in the description make it seem, all that dialogue will sound fine.

It's the different between Iron Man's response being "SO WAS I!" and "So was I" in the last trailer. It sounds stupid if you read it with Iron Man yelling, but the actual delivery makes it fine.

Actually Cap does say "We fight" after Sam says: What do we do? so its not that different from "Lets fight!" maybe it was misheard.

I dont care as long as we get the new trailer. That 40 second teaser wasnt enough for me

Also they basically claim the big money shot of the trailer is Spider-Man swinging up to Avengers Tower...when the Avengers no longer operate out of Avengers Tower anymore.

And then there's the fact that the first line of dialog in that description makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. People are so focused on it being bad that the fact it makes no sense is being glossed over.

Actually Cap does say "We fight" after Sam says: What do we do? so its not that different from "Lets fight!" maybe it was misheard.

No, not only was it not "We fight", it was also claimed that it was said by Iron Man. And pretty much nothing else they reported ended up being in the trailer report, so I'm gonna say like this one, that too was a load of baloney.

haha I know. We're never satisfied in here

http://www.empireonline.com/movies/...il-war-suspense-thriller-says-anthony-mackie/

Captain America: Civil War is a suspense thriller, says Anthony Mackie

The two sides in Captain America: Civil War are taking shape with Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) on the side of law enforcers, Steve Rogers (Chris Evans) on the side of the law enforcer enforcers and the Sokovia Accords as the point of conflict. On paper, it looks like a straightforward, if colossally powerful, dust-up between two former allies and their cohorts. Not so, says the man who’ll be siding with Cap as The Falcon. “I would say this one is more of a true suspense thriller,” Anthony Mackie tells Empire.

The first Captain America was, of course, a war movie, while Captain America: The Winter Soldier was a ‘70s-influenced espionage thriller with shades of Pollack and Pakula. In its early acts at least, Civil War will be doing something different and mainlining simmering tensions into its tapestry of old friends. "The build-up to the fight is what makes it so interesting,” explains Mackie, "because there are so many different factions of who’s right and who’s wrong and who supports who.” Fear not, though, this corner of the MCU won’t be turning all Kramer vs. Kramer on us. "Once we get all of that out the way, then it becomes more action-packed and more of us kicking each others’ ass."

With just about half of all the actors listed on IMBd appearing in Captain America: Civil War there’s a lot of character heavy-lifting to be done in those early stages. But, assures Mackie, the fighting won’t start until the motivation, loyalties and stakes for this plethora of characters is established. “If it’s a civil war, you have to establish why there’s a war,” he stresses. "You can’t just start fighting and expect people to appreciate it.”

A slow crescendo building up to a screen-shuddering third act may be on the cards, with Mackie neatly capturing the MCU ethos. "What Marvel is very good at doing is making these stories about characters and story and then layering action on top of that. And this holds true to that."

Noone with a brain wants to go see these movies solely for action sequences. They arent very interesting if you dont have human conflict and emotional turmoil going on that creates the action. Otherwise its just a dull video game.

What I think matters most in terms of the action is making those sequences as thrilling and cool as possible. So you can rewatch them and get excited all over again. We saw the Russos do that in TWS. So Im expecting even better stuff in CW.

Noone with a brain wants to go see these movies solely for action sequences. They arent very interesting if you dont have human conflict and emotional turmoil going on that creates the action. Otherwise its just a dull video game.

What I think matters most in terms of the action is making those sequences as thrilling and cool as possible. So you can rewatch them and get excited all over again. We saw the Russos do that in TWS. So Im expecting even better stuff in CW.

Um are you serious? You give way too much credit to a very large portion of the regular movie going public.

Transformers 4's billion dollar box office says hello. :p

Um are you serious? You give way too much credit to a very large portion of the regular movie going public.

There's a joke in there about the movie going public who like professional wrestling, but I'm going to leave it alone...........

Transformers 4's billion dollar box office says hello. :p

That's even funnier......surely you aren't suggesting that Crapformers: Age of Suckstinktion wasn't any good or that you couldn't empathize with the characters....... That just can't be. :woot:

Eh, let people like what they like. Who cares? There are folks who think the same thing about superhero flicks. Marvel movies aren't exactly considered high art.

Leakers have, in fact, been correct before, no matter how cheesy the dialogue. Remember the D23 trailer and how we never got to see a part of it until months later via leak?

The D23 leak was from people who were actually in the room.

And the other major thing telling me this is fake is this insistence on them claiming Spider-Man is the big huge reveal and that he's the money shot of the trailer. If Marvel were gonna do that and had the capabilities, they'd have done so at the Super Bowl when half the population of Earth was watching.

Last edited:
Wait... There has been a leak or description of a new trailer?

theres really people out there that go see MCU movies only for action sequences? Really? Wow...ok.

:lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back