Civil War The Official Captain America: Civil War News & Speculation Thread - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just have them fight to a draw, it'll be impressive.

Paul Rudd talks a bit about the movie:

"It's been an interesting thing [playing Ant-Man] because I also just went and worked a little bit on Captain America 3," said Paul Rudd after boasting how Ant-Man is coming to fruition. "To be in that Marvel world, but kind of be somewhat in a bubble [on the solo movie] and now to kind of have these experiences where I'm standing opposite Captain America, It's been a surreal ride so far. It's really only just starting.

More at the site that cannot be named.

Hopefully Falcon and Winter Soldier use some battle tactics together, they're both skilled professional tactician assassin killers 2134 version 2x348329239423u9hfewuhfiwhfiw........... you get the idea.

Here's a fun scoop for everyone - supposedly they are set to film at the Sainsbury Centre again for Civil War later in the shoot. For anyone who didn't know, this was the location used for the exterior shots of the New Avengers facility in Age of Ultron. Not surprising, but cool to know we'll likely be seeing it again.

I totally forgot that they would be chilling at New Avengers facility in Civil War. I hope they show more of the place in this

Yeah, we ddn't really get that good of a tour of the Avengers base in AoU hopefully we get a tour here complete with seeing he training rooms for heroes and possibly living quarters if any need to stay there.

The facility looked beautiful. Can't wait to see more! I'd love a training/sparring scene in there.

Yeah I agree. But I still miss the old headquarters in the middle of New York. It was quite a sight and it was so prominent it made sure the world knew of their commitment to protecting them

Training scenes would be delight to watch.

I wonder if they have their own Danger Room!

The new Avengers facility is too crowded. Well that and I don't like the idea of them and SHIELD having that close of a relationship.

Hopefully itll be like X-Mens school where they spend a lot of time there training people and doing research etc

Hopefully itll be like X-Mens school where they spend a lot of time there training people and doing research etc

No its bad of enough AOS is doing that, but Captain America movies is not X-Men, also Steve would never agree to it.

The new Avengers facility is too crowded. Well that and I don't like the idea of them and SHIELD having that close of a relationship.
What do you mean too crowded? It's an Avengers facility, there's more than enough space for all the recruits and trainees. Besides the close relationship between SHIELD and the Avengers is obviously the set up for Civil War. SHIELD will think they have control over the Avengers when they issue the Superhero Registration Act. But it'll blow up in their face when they go against SHIELD.

The close relationship with SHIELD should have ended with TWS. Fury showed up with a spare hellicarrier but that's as far as their association should be. I was under the impression Stark built that complex and it's not under SHIELD's thumb though it's something they'd of course want.

Given the size of the building the number of people we saw wasn't that huge. But even then having more people there makes sense. The climax illustrated that the Avengers as a team of 6-9 people don't necessarily have the manpower or resources for every situation, so a larger group of folks to help out is a logical outgrowth.

No its bad of enough AOS is doing that, but Captain America movies is not X-Men, also Steve would never agree to it.

Really? So going by that logic, at the end of AOU Steve mustve shut the place down. No training, no research at New Avengers Facility, just hangin out.

Training people and doing research is absolutely nothing that isn't regularly done at Avengers HQ in the comics. They're a team of superheroes, most of whom have human-level physiques and durability. If they didn't train or workout they'd be out of shape.

Training is HUGE in the military. It is essential to the success of missions. Seeing how Steve was military, he would be all about that sort of thing.

So, CACW was filming right down the street from my office at the old Atlanta Civic Center this past week. I took my lunch break on Wednesday to walk down and check the place out. As I approached the building I noticed that they had built up a facade that looked like it had been smashed to bits, with an overturned duelie truck and blast marks everywhere. The signage on the facade read IFID "INSTITUTE FOR INFECTIOUS DISEASE"

I walked around the back of the building to the parking lot where most of the trailers and production crew had set up. I strolled through the parking lot, trying to look natural, and noticed the craft services tables were wide open. I figured since it was my lunch break, why not grab a bite to eat?

The food was excellent.

After my free meal, I decided to push my luck and headed for the entrance of the Civic Center where there were signs directing people to "Hair and Makeup" and "Extras Sign In". I went the opposite direction those signs were pointing and headed up a set of stairs, at the top of which was a row of floor to ceiling windows surrounding a courtyard. In the hallway were the directors chairs and monitors, and in the courtyard was Captain America, Scarlet Witch, and a bunch of knocked out soldiers on the ground. I calmly walked over to the area with the monitors and sat back to watch an awesome stunt where CA jumps onto the roof of the Civic Center (a good 30 foot leap). After one take, seems like they had a good shot and they let the actors break for lunch. Elizabeth Olsen and Chris Evans walked right by me! I was trying so hard to keep my cool.

After most of the important folks cleared out, I decided I had enough excitement and walked back to work. One interesting thing I noticed while they were preparing for the stunt, was Captain America waving around a CGI stand-in prop that was shaped like a double sided hammer. Do you guys think that means he's going to get his hands on Thor's hammer in this movie? Also, why do you think the Scarlet Witch (out of costume) and Captain America are doing breaking into an Infectious Disease Facility?

Anyway, nothing really juicy from this set visit, but I thought I'd share my experience. Try walking on to a movie set sometime and acting like you belong, who know's what kind of cool stuff you may get into!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"