The Official Casting The Superman Reboot Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
why must the actress have red hair to be lana lang?

well an actual red head would look nicer then a fake red head, but its not a total mandatory thing.

I know i'm gonna get flamed for this but how about Ashley Tisdale with red hair as Lana Lang?

why must the actress have red hair to be lana lang?

I'd be fine with a blonde Lana.

Anything but this..

1588975770_47f7fdc57b.jpg

Yea i said this tons of times in the smallville section i never really liked kreuk's lana much at all. I was fine with her character in seasons 1-2 but then season 3-8 they just kept giving her the most stupidest stuff and i was turned away from the character. I have nothing against the actress though she was ok most of the time.

Every single one of her storylines were bad; but season 4 onwards is where it got ridiculously bad.

Kreuk's acting got abysmal at times. I don't think she'll have much of a career beyond crap like Streetfighter.

I know I suggested her for Lois, but how about Sophia Bush as Lana Lang? She even had red hair in The Narrows.

If they go with a blonde Lana, either Eliza cuthbert or Hilarie Burton would work.

If they go with a blonde Lana, either Eliza cuthbert or Hilarie Burton would work.
Cutbert I can see but Burton has shown nothing in the way of acting ability IMHO. She isn't as bad as that other actress that people keep on bringing up on One Tree Hill but she ain't good either.

I would retain Kreuk's look, and then cast Emmanuelle Chriqui as Lana Lang, along with Jordana Brewster as Lois. Yes, they look similiar, thats part of the plan. Everyone guy has a "type" when it comes to looks. The difference here would be in there personalities.

The thing is Clark doesn't choose Lana as a type.

She persues him, he considers her a friend and confidant.

Clark only persues Lois; through Superman.

The Smallville TV series got that all backwards.

The thing is Clark doesn't choose Lana as a type.

She persues him, he considers her a friend and confidant.

Clark only persues Lois; through Superman.

The Smallville TV series got that all backwards.

I personally have a different view on Clark and Lana. I'v always thought that if Clark were just a normal, everyday guy he would be with Lana Lang living in Smallville, raising a family and living a peaceful life in the same manner that Jonathan and Martha Kent had.

One of the biggest problems I have with Smallville is how the Clark/Lana relationship was handled. It pisses me off because it has ruined Lana in the eyes of many Superman fans. Before Smallville, I wanted Clark to be with Lana so bad, although I knew it could never and would never happen, but that was the beauty of it. Now, thats been ruined for me. Friggin Smallville, I hate everything they did with Lana.

One of my favorite TAS episodes is "My Girl".

Last edited:
Random thought....

Does anyone think William Shatner would make for an entertaining Perry White?

I know she's already in "Inon Man 2" but IMO I think Kate Mara is the best choice for Lana Lang right now.

Here would be my list. The salary alone would be a ton of money, but i think alot of people would come to see these particular actors. Unfortunately, I think Brandon Routh would still be a bit of an unknown. He's done some work, but not like most of the other people I would cast.

Brandon Routh: Superman
Elizabeth Banks: Lois Lane
Jonny Depp: Lex Luthor

Jim Caviezel: Jor-El
Lena Heady: Lara

Sam Worthington: Metallo
Jeremy Irons: Brainiac
Michael Clark Duncan: Darkseid
Jude Law: General Zod

Isla Fisher: Lana Lang
Ben Mackenzie: Pete Ross
Tom Hanks: Pa Kent
Sally Field: Ma Kent

Beau Bridges: Perry White
Erica Durance: Cat Grant
Michael Cerra: Jimmy Olsen
Dan Lauria: Dan Turpin
Hayden Panettiere: Supergirl

Tom Welling: Descendent of Superman who comes from the future in some capacity

Just saw Fanboys, it's going to be really tough finding a new Jimmy Olsen.

Sam Huntington was so perfect for it.

He was Jimmy without ever even trying to be (probably because it's the actor's real personality).

Since he was only born in 1982 and looks a lot younger, maybe it's still possible they could keep him in the Routhboot.

what routhboot?, we have no clue still what any next film would be. As for jimmy i dont think it would be that hard of a role to cast. The real problem would be finding the best clark/supes and lois and making sure they have the skills to do the characters to justice and have great screen chemistry with each other.

what routhboot?, we have no clue still what any next film would be. As for jimmy i dont think it would be that hard of a role to cast. The real problem would be finding the best clark/supes and lois and making sure they have the skills to do the characters to justice and have great screen chemistry with each other.

As of now, Routh is still likely to continue.

It just really all depends if they come up with a plan for Superman before 2012 when Horn leaves.

I'm hoping they do.

Jimmy requires an actor with some great comedic timing. Huntington is just so natural at it.

There's bound to be some great comedy between him and Routh in Dead of Night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"