The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Nokia apparently is waiting out to see WP is successful and is not introducing Pureview 41mpx Windows phone, yet. And there are some murmurs that Nokia does have a Plan B that may involve Jolla and Sailfish.
Nokia could do well by moving to Android. It's a good idea to get your foot in the door with Jolla and Sailfish, but they've tried that with WP and it hasn't worked out too well.

Well, Jolla has said they plan to make it easy to port Android apps for Sailfish, but if they're anything like BB10's then forget it.

I do wish Nokia had kept nurturing MeeGo alongside WP instead of abandoning it. It was such a unique OS at the time. Now with BB10 not so much, but I'm still going to miss it and the Nokia Harmattan UI.

Nokia using Android wouldn't be a bad idea. My only fear is that Nokia couldn't use Nokia Maps, City Lens or Drive because of Google's mapping services. I also hope they make a fantastic UI layer something akin to Symbian Belle.

Apple CEO Tim Cook Says Apple is 'Cooking' Up Some New Stuff

appleiwatch130210.png

Sounds like Roger Smith cause they have some 'BIG Stuff' planned. Would an iWatch even be a solution?
Tweet Says BlackBerry 10 Will Blanket the US in a 'few short weeks'

Tweet-says-BlackBerry-Z10-will-blanket-the-U.S.-in-a-few-short-weeks

Apple Patent to Give Your iPhone 'Situational Awareness'
Apple-patent-wants-to-automate-your-iPhone-with-situational-awareness.jpg

Still waiting for official news on the x phone and the galaxy s4!

Yeah, you drop that thing once and you're replacing something.

[YT]RKY2fn6IIuY[/YT]
sony, y u hate america?

no xperia z release makes me sad.

Well, I asked a friend what phone they're getting when they upgrade. I mentioned the SIV, Xperia Z, Lumia 920, iPhone 5 and HTC One. As soon as I mention the HTC, she says no to it. Apparently, they haven't been kind to her Sensation XL, so she will definitely be going for one of the others. She's looking at the Lumia in red, she likes mine and red is her favorite color, and the iPhone 5 cause all the cases and apps. She said she wanted to wait a little longer to see what Samsung would come up with.

I can't stand the HTC one looks exactly like the new blackberry

HTC-One%2520(1%2520of%252013).jpg

rim-2013-01-24-600-9.jpg

So Nokia is siding with Apple in the Apple v. Samsung trial. Apparently, their reasoning for this is that they want to defend intellectual properties and prevent theft of them. Samsung allegedly used Nokia's technology in some of their phones without permission which may be the real reason behind this. Payback. I love Nokia, but seriously Apple's patents are pretty much s**t.

Less than 3 days til Samsung unveils the Galaxy SIV! Who's excited? :awesome:

I'd be excited if I had any chance of getting it.

I would also be excited if I didn't already own a Galaxy phone.

I have a Samsung Memoir which I love but I'm glad I have options for when I have to give it up. I know it's a cellphone but what I really use it for is taking photos; Macro, filters, etc. and checking my email.

I'm cautious.
Well, that act of caution may benefit you as supposed leaks of the SIV show it having a similar body as the SIII with only the internals considered as a true update.

I pray that is not the case, of course.

Well, that act of caution may benefit you as supposed leaks of the SIV show it having a similar body as the SIII with only the internals considered as a true update.

I pray that is not the case, of course.
Only a few things have really wowed me about the phone from what has been leaked. Hopefully, some rumors are wrong and it proves to be better, but it doesn't seem like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"