The Official Cell Phone Junkies Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having an interesting problem with my Bionic, and to a lesser extent, my wife's Galaxy S III. Every so often, they will drop the wi-fi connection at home. For the most part, they connect just fine. However, once in a while, like now, they suddenly can't connect to my network. The scan finds it just fine, it tires and tries to connect but, no luck. Since it doesn't seem to happen anywhere but home, I'm inclined to think it's a router problem. My Netgear router is over 5 years old. Any thoughts, guys?

I had a similar issue. I went into my routers settings and it was set at WEP and WPA. I changed it WPA only, and it works fine now.

Fixed it by changing the channel on the router.

Last edited:
Awesome. :up:

That was going to be next suggestion.

The New Samsung Ativ S, First Windows Phone 8 Device

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sams...s-the-first-Windows-Phone-8-handset_id33843#1-

Samsung-Ativ-S-is-official-becomes-the-first-Windows-Phone-8-handset.jpg

samsung sidekick 4g

4b71d47a_69311c75_mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpeg

I believe it's time to get a new phone.

That phone looks cool. You all are just spoiled with your ''smart phones''. I'm kick'in it old skool with my sexy Samsung...Virgin Mobile...RESTORE.

:wow:.

But no seriously, it's okay. Sprint is so-so/okay service. But at $37.36 a month for 300 minutes, unlimited texting, web, data...I'm happy. Like it better than the iphone 3GS...which I got bored with after a while. Probably will get a better phone with Virgin Mobile...I'm a sucka with cool logos and Virgin Mobile/RadioShack/Sprint are okay enough for me. Anybody but AT&T. Leave me alone :cmad: AT&T

After hearing about the new features on Windows Phone 8 and seeing the Samsung Ativ S, which is basically the SIII with aluminum body, I am now reconsidering the switch to Windows Phone.

After hearing about the new features on Windows Phone 8 and seeing the Samsung Ativ S, which is basically the SIII with aluminum body, I am now reconsidering the switch to Windows Phone.
My friend has a Windows Phone 7, which actually isn't that bad (I had Windows 6.5, which was more PC-like, with my trusty Samsung Omnia). The interface is very simple and works really well when I was toying with it. The only downside is customization, rooting, and lack of app content.

Customization may be the one that hurts me, because I do like changing my wallpaper. But I could live without it if I can customize my lock screen.

In other Windows Phone news,

NOKIA Lumia 820, 920 with PureView Technology

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Nokia-Lumia-820-920-leak-out-PureView-coming-to-Windows-Phone_id33931

Nokia-Lumia-820-920-leak-out-PureView-coming-to-Windows-Phone.jpg

Now it's a toss up between this with the supposed 21-mpx camera or the Ativ S for me...

HTC Accord

http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-...nch-Snapdragon-S4-based-Windows-Phone_id33928

A1nU0rBCEAASo4q.png

Now keep in mind these are both leaks, so they may not be official, or the specs aren't totally accurate.

I bought some anti-glare screen protectors for my Droid today and couldn't help but noticed the disclaimer on them about "Droid" being a Lucasfilm copyright and the term is used via a purchased license.

I guess trademarks are great investments.

Any info on the new iphone? We get to know everything after you guys over here

Well, it's supposed to be released in September. Rumors say it will have a 4.0 inch screen with a 16:9 aspect ratio. With a new pin connector, which means all new accessories, and liquid metal back. With a quad-core Exynos processor and a A6 chip.

In BlackBerry news,

Leaked Screenshots Show BlackBerry 10 OS

bbt-a.jpg

Question; does every Twelve year old in America own a BlackBerry? That seems to be the case here in the UK. It has become the "must have" accessory (that and a baby)

Blackberry is for corporate people over here. Now it's all about the iPhones or any Android based phone.

Blackberry is for corporate people over here. Now it's all about the iPhones or any Android based phone.
That used to be the case over here. Then Apple just seemed to take over and all the kids started to think having BBM was cool.

Besides the iPhone 5. Is there any Android / Samsung phone coming out worth checking into ? Because I am leaning towards getting the Galaxy S3 next month

There's Samsung Galaxy Note II and the Samsung Galaxy Nexus.

They would soon go bankrupt before letting that happen, which I heard is most likely...
Considering their following the HP/Palm model, yup.

And Donut, what carrier do you have? That really will depend on the phone if you choose to stick with them.

I still don't like all of the new phones being "touch screens". Does anyone have problems with them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"