The Official Costume Thread - - - - Part 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe your monitor is off color. Looks blue, not black to me. And definitely not teal.
here, dark teal

Dark_Teal_Box-1500x354.png

I'd say it is more midnight blue than that ^. Your monitor is off.

maybe closer to sapphire on the color chart I posted and director your close but add a little more straight blue

I think the suit is really reflective and can change hues a lot. We cannot judge the colors till we see brighter pic with better resolution or stills from the movie.

new guess as to the colors of the suit, and red hood don't worry about it its not my design or character i made this manip for everyone to use freely unlike some people. and you came up with a great design by the way
superherohype4.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone else bothered by the fact that the suit looks like a rubber muscle suit? Wasn't expecting that and I definitely don't like it.

Anyone else bothered by the fact that the suit looks like a rubber muscle suit? Wasn't expecting that and I definitely don't like it.
You can really judge it from a blurry pic from far away. It doesnt look like a rubber suit in the official pic.

thanks, and i don't know why i like that color combo so much. a few month ago i probably would have never chose such a dark blue but it really does work well

You can really judge it from a blurry pic from far away. It doesnt look like a rubber suit in the official pic.

I love the suit, especially the flecked texture of it. I hope it's a lighter blue though.

in my opinion, i think this would of been a better choice

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

it still is a dark blue... nowhere even close to how bright the Donner suit was... but it reflects the blue hue much better, not to mention it looks more rich and vibrant

I would fire that dude that is wearing a Captain America shirt! Where is quality control when you need them! Btw Cavill's shoulder is huge.....the suit bad ash. It kinda reminds me of the Eradicator's suit from the Death and Return of Superman.

The only thing off for me in the promo pic was his hair. I'm completely satisfied knowing it has been changed. Can't wait to see more.

What's wrong with leaving The Avengers to work on Man of Steel? :p

here, dark teal
I don't think that's quite the color of the suit. The suit is more of a truer blue, but I like that color a lot. And I wouldn't call that teal at all, even dark teal, but I see what you're getting at.

2edited1g.jpg

this teal looks way more green than blue. lol Thats not the color of the suit at all.

this teal looks way more green than blue. lol Thats not the color of the suit at all.
To be clear, I was just using the color that DIRECTOR posted. I wasn't suggesting that was the color of the suit -- quite the opposite, actually.

Yeah. I was talking about his suggestion of teal, not yours. Midnight blue sounds right to me. But the blue color is still uncertain because it appears that the suit is very reflective and absorbs the light of the object near it so who knows what it looks like. We need to see better pics.

the color director posted looks more navy / Yankees blue

in my opinion, i think this would of been a better choice

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

it still is a dark blue... nowhere even close to how bright the Donner suit was... but it reflects the blue hue much better, not to mention it looks more rich and vibrant

That suit looks great. Awesome, colors, and the cape is long which is one of the things that I have wanted to see for the longest time. Why we had never seen a Superman with a long cape is beyond me. The short cape looks like a cheat Halloween costume or bedsheet. This looks great, and if that is Cavill in the suit, he certainly looks big.

That suit looks great. Awesome, colors, and the cape is long which is one of the things that I have wanted to see for the longest time. Why we had never seen a Superman with a long cape is beyond me. The short cape looks like a cheat Halloween costume or bedsheet. This looks great, and if that is Cavill in the suit, he certainly looks big.
By the way, the picture you quoted is a manip. The blue isn't that color (thankfully).

It's a lousy quality spy photo taken from a great distance. There's plenty of possibility that in the actual movie, they could up the saturation and vibrancy of the blue, even if it's not a 'lighter' hue. But it is pretty clear that the blue will be on the darker side of the spectrum. I actually prefer that over the lighter shade like with Reeve's and Routh's suit.

By the way, the picture you quoted is a manip. The blue isn't that color (thankfully).

Yeah, I meant the actual photo in general. The photo I see in the no discussion thread looks great. I love the shade of blue but the awesome cape has to be my favorite part of what I have seen so far.

One thing is 100% sure. No Trunks. This picture ends the debate, pure and simple:
supermanWM1%282%29.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"