The Official Costume Thread - - - - - Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing is 100% sure. No Trunks. This picture ends the debate, pure and simple:
supermanWM1%282%29.jpg

agreed it's clear the red trunks are gone but they may be blue and the trim appears to be gold

One thing is 100% sure. No Trunks. This picture ends the debate, pure and simple:
supermanWM1%282%29.jpg

Looks like no trunks and seams of gold around the waistline that seem to cross over, and then will have the big buckle in the front. It looks great from what I see. Long cape, red, great shade of blue, either a cool looking muscle suit that looks real or Cavill is big, and they got the size of the "S" right. Looks good!

No trunks doesn't bother me at all. However, the lack of a gold S on the back of the cape bums me out. Still a really cool suit though.

:facepalm:

so disappointed
i was hoping for the best from this, even without the trunks...
for me, this is strike one.

Trunks or not, the costume looks pretty good. :up:

No trunks doesn't bother me at all. However, the lack of a gold S on the back of the cape bums me out. Still a really cool suit though.

I don't know why fans like the "S" on the cape. I can only think of one cape that would ever have a logo on the back, instead of at the clasp or the edges and that would be Superman's cape. It looks more regal without it. The one with it seems like it was just something painted on because it can't be lifted. It has to be flexible like cloth and if its flexible it looks painted, like a cheap t-shirt. If it is raised, it would have to be straight all the time, meaning the cape would have to be much smaller so it didn't have folds on the back. I think without the logo it looks more "realistic" if you want to call it that. More regal, more like a real cape.

I wouldn't be suprised if we don't see the full suit reveal very soon, maybe in Ent Weekly in a week or two. Speculation only. These pictures probably aren't staged, but they feel "controlled", at least to me.

We get glimpses of almost everything, but not everything. The production team may lose the control soon, so that is what make me think we will see something soon. Heck, even a slip of the blanket by an accident could ruin the company that is expecting to show the full suit first, and they could be quite angry by not getting the first shot.

Only guesses though, nothing concrete.

:facepalm:

so disappointed
i was hoping for the best from this, even without the trunks...
for me, this is strike one.
What? In the official pic you can see its clearly blue, dude. Far from black. This is low quality photo. You cant tell the hue of blue or how it is going to look on screen.
xnzou0.jpg

Trunks or not, the costume looks pretty good. :up:

indeed , I just hope that cavill isn't wearing a muscle suit I like the idea of him getting jacked for the role like CR did

plus I'm starting to warm up to the idea of cavill playing James Bond and I would want him to keep his current size for the role

Last edited:
I think he is wearing a muscle suit. The suit seems very similar to the Raimi Spider-man suit.

I think he is wearing a muscle suit. The suit seems very similar to the Raimi Spider-man suit.

Definitely some 'enhancement' in the shoulder/deltoid area...but it still has a 'naturalistic' shape to it. It looks good. Definitely better than the molded muscularity of a rubber suit like with Batman or the (thankfully) aborted Cage/Burton version.

I thought I read about cavill training and eating 5000 calories a day

Yep, Henry said that, but a thick suit still hides definition, so they need to bulk him up a bit further, but I have no doubt they will show him shirtless for a few shots.

I thought I read about cavill training and eating 5000 calories a day

Yeah, he'd have needed some extra mass just to fill it out, since he's not a particularly big guy to begin with. But it looks as thought there's some extra 'help' from the suit...which is fine as long as it doesn't look like molded rubber/armor musculature that's obviously not part of his body.

not if i dont like what i see story wise, and it'll also depend on what im doing that day

Maybe not on opening day, but I think most everyone on these boards will go see it. Why wouldn't someone here go see it if they like the character? Its' not like there is a Superman movie every other Friday hitting the theaters. So, if you don't like the story, you see it because, what the hell, it is a chance to see a movie you'll never get to see again on the big screen. I don't mean "you" in particular, I mean "you" as audience in general. I've gone to the movies many times, and just watched whatever is playing. If I have done that, why wouldn't I see a Superman movie?

agreed it's clear the red trunks are gone but they may be blue and the trim appears to be gold

I mentioned this as a possibility when the suit pic came out although I don't why they didn't just go with red trunks if they were going to keep them. Still, I think I prefer him to have them even if they're not the traditional color.

He does seem to be unfortunately, I don't agree with the justification that it's necessary to show the actors physique. No one's gonna miss a large build under a skin tight suit. Chris Reeve's didn't have the ideal build but he looked big enough and imposing.

As long as the padding isn't obvious which it doesn't appear to be other than his delts, it should look fine.

Yep, Henry said that, but a thick suit still hides definition, so they need to bulk him up a bit further, but I have no doubt they will show him shirtless for a few shots.

... If I didn't have a reason to see the movie before, I do now. haha

but what I find funny is that when you compare the official shot to the spy shot. The Red got more vibrant where as the blue got muted. Its all lighting and filters I suppose.

What? In the official pic you can see its clearly blue, dude. Far from black. This is low quality photo. You cant tell the hue of blue or how it is going to look on screen.
xnzou0.jpg
Only time will tell what it will end up being... But for right now, I don't like what I see color wise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"