The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a life long Superman fan, I have the 3 foot tall SR Figure on top of my computer as we speak. I've always thought that the red man trunks worked in the comics and cartoons, but never translated well onto live action film. The one problem I do see, is that the new costume looks washed out without the red to contrast against the blue. I do have to say that I thought of Ultraman when I saw the new set pics. I still think overall the costume looks pretty badass.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^

I understand you mean good in your post, but quick word of advice, edit the word "Panties", in your post brother, Mods do not allow that word. Call em trunks to stay outta trouble :)

Btw, I agree with most of your opinion, good post.

It just pisses me off that they still havent released a better look at the suit.
They wanted to release a promo before they started shooting so people wouldnt go ape**** about the suit in crappy set-photos.
Which is exactly what's happening now.

^^^

I understand you mean good in your post, but quick word of advice, edit the word "Panties", in your post brother, Mods do not allow that word. Call em trunks to stay outta trouble :)

Btw, I agree with most of your opinion, good post.

Trunks I should say, my bad :)

It just pisses me off that they still havent released a better look at the suit.
They wanted to release a promo before they started shooting so people wouldnt go ape**** about the suit in crappy set-photos.
Which is exactly what's happening now.

Spider-Man did it, too. :whatever: It's dumb and causes ape-**** arguments. I wish the studios would just realize that the official pictures are nice when they aren't hidden or cut off.

Yea, I said it before, even a red belt to brake that blue up a bit, like with what DC has on there new Sups would help.

I still feel that the pics we got are much to blurry to see how the belt brakes all that blue up.

Im still loving the New Suit, the no trunks are the way to go with the overall design.

Spider-Man did it, too. :whatever: It's dumb and causes ape-**** arguments. I wish the studios would just realize that the official pictures are nice when they aren't hidden or cut off.

It's not dumb. It's good teaser marketing that generates discussion and interest for a movie that's 2 years away. There's no pleasing the curiosity of fans until the movie gets released.

i find that with no trunks, Superman look naked. And he looks naked is the combination of no trunks and him wearing boots

IT'S LIKE WEARING SOCKS NAKED? It's that look. And that small yellow belt is not helping much at all, it's so thin.............. LIKE A WAIST BRACELET :mad:

i find that with no trunks, Superman look naked. And he looks naked is the combination of no trunks and him wearing boots
For the record, I don't mind it at all for obvious reasons. :hrt::woot:

After seeing the full frontal of the suit in the spy pics, I can safely say the trunks are such a necessity to bring a balance to the suit, they might as well just have given him blue boots, the trunks were and are iconic and would have looked fine in the new style suit..... Shame.....

Also the Sheild is way to high on his chest, what is wrong with these people?

People on this thread should really get a good hard look at every single incarnation of Superman's suit before they start throwing mud.

I don´t love the Superman costume because he wears trunks outside of his pants. I love it cuz he looks powerful, imposing, badass, and this one looks all that. I think the shield looks great, the blue bodysuit looks great, the cape looks great, the boots look great. I can more than well live without the trunks and I understand why they were left off.

People on this thread should really get a good hard look at every single incarnation of Superman's suit before they start throwing mud.

I'm not sure I see your point.

Do you mean we shud refer to AU costumes, and accept that because there have been different ones, this is fine?

Do you mean we should look at the trunksless reboot and realise that this is now the unchangeable evolution of the character, whether we like it or not?

Personally, I am not against change.

I just always think it looks 'odd' without the trunks.

The idea of getting rid of them seems great, but he just looks so strange without them.

I know that these are only blurry pics, so I'm reserving judgement until I see a fully clear official photo.

But for now, I still have not seen anything to prove trunkless can work for me.

i wanna say if this movie is a hit, the red trunks and yellow belt will be gone forever. the image of superman will be gone forever too.

i don't know if i want the movie a success now...

is that an armor plate on his legs? It has the same reflective surface as the gauntlets

is that an armor plate on his legs? It has the same reflective surface as the gauntlets

Not sure exactly what it looks like, but you can see the edge of it on the official pic too.

henry-cavill-man-of-steel-superman-suit-thumb-420xauto-29120.jpg

the more i look at the suit, the better it gets. I've never really cared either way about the trunks as long as it looks like superman, and it sure looks like superman. having the same freaking suit again would have been really boring. And i think it looks pretty good, people are really used to the trunks so it looks weird at first but whatever.

also. i've always thought that people talk too highly about the reeves suit. you put anyone else but reeves in it and it's awful. still good for it's time though.

the more i look at the suit, the better it gets. I've never really cared either way about the trunks as long as it looks like superman, and it sure looks like superman. having the same freaking suit again would have been really boring. And i think it looks pretty good, people are really used to the trunks so it looks weird at first but whatever.

also. i've always thought that people talk too highly about the reeves suit. you put anyone else but reeves in it and it's awful. still good for it's time though.

wow. retelling the origin story wouldn't be boring to u huh?

I don´t love the Superman costume because he wears trunks outside of his pants. I love it cuz he looks powerful, imposing, badass, and this one looks all that. I think the shield looks great, the blue bodysuit looks great, the cape looks great, the boots look great. I can more than well live without the trunks and I understand why they were left off.

well said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"