The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more the pic gets posted, the more I think it looks fine without the trunks.

I think in 2 years time, i'll be so used to seeing it, it'll feel normal. :)
Yeah I get the feeling some of those who don't like it or are indifferent will like it once they're used to it, eventually. :yay:

The more the pic gets posted, the more I think it looks fine without the trunks.

I think in 2 years time, i'll be so used to seeing it, it'll feel normal. :)

looks normal to me now

I mean superman without the shorts is still superman IMO

I just feel bad because out of all my family and friends I'm the only one who likes the new suit

reeves will always be my superman and his suit always be my fav but I am more than happy with cavill suit but I will wait to see him perform to judge him as superman though

No kidding, this looks infinitely more effeminate.

Yeah, with the skintight catsuit that sorta reminds one of Julie Newmar's Catwoman, the silvery blue bracelets, the non functional belt, the hip decor and the high heels, it'd make a nice Supergirl costume.

Yeah, with the skintight catsuit that sorta reminds one of Julie Newmar's Catwoman, the silvery blue bracelets, the non functional belt, the hip decor and the high heels, it'd make a nice Supergirl costume.
:huh: Has Superman's belt ever been functional?

I saw the set photos yesterday and my first reaction was that Cavil looked thick in the costume and my worry about him looking sleek without the trunks was put to rest. That being said, I STILL think that they need to break up the solid blue with some red (like the belt) Currently it looks too blue with only the red boots and cape.

I really like this costume... I rate it an 8 out of 10. If it had some red trunks or a red belt to break up all the blue, it would be almost perfect.

And... as far as the costume being "iconic"... how could anyone claim that Superman's costume is not iconic? EVERYONE knows what it looks like and there has been Superman memorabilia around since the late 30s... all with that costume.

When DC tried to change Superman's look in the past (just like Spiderman's look) IT ALWAYS CAME BACK TO THE ORIGINAL ICONIC LOOK. This new Jim Lee design is a fad... Superman will be back in the iconic suit (with the trunks) within a couple years. History has proved this.

I saw the set photos yesterday and my first reaction was that Cavil looked thick in the costume and my worry about him looking sleek without the trunks was put to rest. That being said, I STILL think that they need to break up the solid blue with some red (like the belt) Currently it looks too blue with only the red boots and cape.

I really like this costume... I rate it an 8 out of 10. If it had some red trunks or a red belt to break up all the blue, it would be almost perfect.

And... as far as the costume being "iconic"... how could anyone claim that Superman's costume is not iconic? EVERYONE knows what it looks like and there has been Superman memorabilia around since the late 30s... all with that costume.

When DC tried to change Superman's look in the past (just like Spiderman's look) IT ALWAYS CAME BACK TO THE ORIGINAL ICONIC LOOK. This new Jim Lee design is a fad... Superman will be back in the iconic suit (with the trunks) within a couple years. History has proved this.

In a few years time he might not even be called Superman, let alone look like him anymore :csad:

I showed the photos to the guys at work and to a man, they all said that it needed the red shorts and it didn't quite look like Superman. (for the record, all the guys are over 30...)

I think it's reflective blue gauntlets and a reflective strip down the leg.

So he looks like a walking blueberry prophylactic with reflective tape on it.

And people laughed at the trunks.

Using the “real world” as a standard of reference, the MOS suit is pretty “out there.” But then, so is any iteration of the Superman costume – including the “classic” version.

You say “he looks like a walking blueberry prophylactic.” Yet, a “walking blueberry prophylactic” with red trunks would – apparently – be much more agreeable. :huh:

People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. :cwink:

:huh: Has Superman's belt ever been functional?

The only thing it functioned in was holding his underpants up :lmao:

They hold up his pants, period, because he doesn't wear a unitard, it's a two piece costume:

0.gif

They aren't supposed to be worn over blue pants, they're supposed to be red trunks with blue legs.

Using the “real world” as a standard of reference, the MOS suit is pretty “out there.” But then, so is any iteration of the Superman costume – including the “classic” version.

You say “he looks like a walking blueberry prophylactic.” Yet, a “walking blueberry prophylactic” with red trunks would – apparently – be much more agreeable. :huh:

People in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones. :cwink:

No, with the trunks the costume would be blue and red and he would look like Superman.

They hold up his pants, period, because he doesn't wear a unitard, it's a two piece costume:

0.gif

A two piece costume with a poncho for a cape, apparently. So where are the calls for that? After all, it's on the cover, so obviously it's meant to be a part of the custume...

No, with the trunks the costume would be blue and red and he would look like Superman.

Without the trunks the suit is blue and red. And he looks plenty like Superman. So much so that no one has any difficulty identifying him as such.

Last edited:
But wouldn't he still have that reflective padding as well? It would look too confusing. So I guess the simple answer is we must get rid of the cape. Who needs it.:awesome:

As much as I enjoy shirtless men :cwink:, I just have to say I never knew Superman's suit could come apart like that. I just thought it was adult-sized feety pajamas. Who knew. :woot:

Man, the suit looks very good, even without the pants.

Just posted in th batman forum that the superman suit now looks much better than the batman one.

Go figure.

This suit is very Thor (film) influenced-- it's exactly what we should expect from the man that directed The Watchmen.

If this film pans out; I suspect that Snyder will be invited to replace Nolan in the Batman director's chair after the final Dark Knight. Imagine what his Batman might look like.

Not sure what you're getting at. That what we're seeing on the cover is the pocket his CK clothes were in? Where does the cape attach when he's Superman? That big pocket is in the way. And why would he need such a big pocket if he super-compressed the clothes? So you're saying the MOS suit needs a pocket for the CK clothes??

If that's the kind of movie you're after, then you're perfectly welcomed to it. But, yikes. And you think having no trunks would make the movie look silly...

So? Nic Cage as Superman. In MY opinion, definitely not how I want Superman. But you weren't expressing your opinion as an opinion (shocking!), you were arguing it as fact and ended up contradicting yourself. See the kinds of changes that can be made and it still be recognizable as Superman?

As much as I enjoy shirtless men :cwink:, I just have to say I never knew Superman's suit could come apart like that. I just thought it was adult-sized feety pajamas. Who knew. :woot:

In the DCAU, wasn't he depicted as wearing a two piece suit?

Man, the suit looks very good, even without the pants.

Just posted in th batman forum that the superman suit now looks much better than the batman one.

Go figure.
I always have problems with the live-action Batman suits. I don't know why. I think it's the cowl or general lack of mobility. I don't know how the actors who portray him do it.

Which reminds me, I hope they include a behind-the-scenes video segment for the BluRay/DVD release. Would love to see Henry trying on the suit.

Superman is more than just his suit. But its how people recognise him. Does this costume scream superman. Yes. And thats what matters astetically. Now its down to script and cavill to deliver the magic. Which I firmly believe he will.

@loca

I concur that would be cool, I would also like to see concepts they were tossing around

In the DCAU, wasn't he depicted as wearing a two piece suit?
I wouldn't remember. I haven't watched S:TAS in forever, so my knowledge of that show is sketchy at best. All I remember is how much I loved their interpretation of Brainiac and how Toyman creeped me out. :shivers:

Superman is more than just his suit. But its how people recognise him. Does this costume scream superman. Yes. And thats what matters astetically. Now its down to script and cavill to deliver the magic. Which I firmly believe he will.

Yep. Snyder and everyone else get the benefit of the doubt in my book. Casting, and design (what we've seen so far) have been homeruns.

that could be one of the reasons as to why this suit is a bit better received than the last suit...

i mean, Singer tried to copy the Donner legacy... that failed. Snyder is doing something completely different.... maybe that's why a lot of this is better received, and I know the casting choices are playing a big part in this

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"