The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - - - Part 17

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am calm. And I know exactly what it is. A video that shares your same views on the trunkless debate that you posted just to provoke a reaction, so you could then respond with more "the suit looks ridiculous without trunks!!!1" rhetoric. Which you did not 10 minutes later after Rocketman's reaction to one of the speakers in the video:

Up to the point you posted the video, the discussion was all about the material of the suit.

Then you posted your ridiculous "analysis" of the Thor-like fan poster (which included your tasteless and flawed analogy to eating disorders), which you started off with:

Which was exactly what you wanted. So pat yourself on the back, you got your wish...When people were actually talking about something OTHER than trunks, we're now on our way to another useless debate that will further clog a thread about the ENTIRE costume, and which will restate and rehash every single argument out there while saying nothing new.

:bdh:

That deserves a round of applause :D

Back to the issue at hand, the material of the suit!

So far we've decided it's NOT SPANDEX or ARMOR so what does it look like?

but it's not underwear. Just looking at the word itself... technically it's OUTERWEAR, like the boots and cape.

I'd agree with this. Underwear has a fly...

Superman flies, but his trunks don't.

Back to the issue at hand, the material of the suit!

So far we've decided it's NOT SPANDEX or ARMOR so what does it look like?

To me, it's almost like the Raimi Spider-man suit material but with a slight rubber-like elasticity to it.

Last edited:
If that is the case, and it is because of the lawsuit, than why is everybody thinking that the trunkless was chosen for creative 2012 hip/cool decision?

Because there are other aspects of the suit and character that they are keeping which they wouldn't have rights to after the lawsuit:

The decision was based on the Copyright Act of 1976 and the fact the work was not "works-made-for-hire."

So just what do they own?

[They] now control depictions of Superman's origins from the planet Krypton, his parents Jor-El and Lora, Superman as the infant Kal-El, the launching of the infant Superman into space by his parents as Krypton explodes and his landing on Earth in a fiery crash.

According to Variety, the family also owns, due to a ruling in 2008 about Action Comics #1:

The Superman character, including his costume, his alter-ego as reporter Clark Kent, the feisty reporter Lois Lane, their jobs at the Daily Planet newspaper working for a gruff editor, and the love triangle among Clark/Superman and Lois.

So what is DC/Warner Bros left with?

Superman's ability to fly, the term kryptonite, the Lex Luthor and Jimmy Olsen characters, Superman's powers and expanded origins.

http://comics.cosmicbooknews.com/content/superman-lawsuit-family-own-rights-krypton-origins

If changes in MOS were purely driven by the lawsuit, none of these would be in the movie either.

And also, Zack Snyder has said as much:

Snyder is also asked about the lawsuit that sees the original Superman creators suing for the rights. He responds that none of the story is influenced with any of that and won't be an issue.

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/content/superman-2012-zack-snyder-shoots-down-cgi-man-steel

I continue to be amazed by how much attention is being placed on Cavill's crotch in the debates around here.

I continue to be amazed by how much attention is being placed on Cavill's crotch in the debates around here.
Tell me about it. I'm gay, and I don't even care that much. ;)

I agree as well...but maybe if we complain enough and the producers hear about it they will finally give us some studio shots of him standing up straight and looking Supermanish!

Agreed...I'm really sick of talk about crotches and bulges....if people don't start having intelligent discussions about the suit instead if infantile giggling there's going to be trouble.

If Pixar and Disney make a live action Superman movie, that would be awesome!

312886_1781045186464_1849495784_1187324_152745083_n.jpg

Are there more pics of this? Or a full body? I'd love to see more.

Agreed...I'm really sick of talk about crotches and bulges....if people don't start having intelligent discussions about the suit instead if infantile giggling there's going to be trouble.

Thank you.

It's been keeping me out of this thread. It's one of the most petty things to even focus on.

Reminds me of the ridiculousness that happened during Watchmen with Dr. Manhattan. :dry:

Krypto, where did you get those pictures from? I want to see if I can find any more images similar to the CGI Supes.

That all CGI Superman made me wish for a Pixar directed Superman film. :(

Looks like their work on The Incredibles.

In fairness, 'infantile giggling' is sometimes the only way to lighten up a debate that has gotten this stupidly serious, repetative and sometimes vicious, about something so utterly unimportant.

I appreciate you having to put a stop to it, but your comment did sting a bit (especially because I was someone who was 'giggling like an infant' at a lighthearted joke someone made in order to highlight how silly this whole debate is in the first place).

The video of a girl dressed as Batgirl laughing at a codpeice gets to stay, but a manip illustrating how he'd look without it doesn't?

Last edited:
That all CGI Superman made me wish for a Pixar directed Superman film. :(

Looks like their work on The Incredibles.

Even when that design looks cool, I don't think that kind of design is made for a serious Suoperman movie. The Incredibles might be good, but it's a comedic parody. I'd hate that for Superman, being him parodied so many times now.

Totally! Really love Rob Pratt's cartoon.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2WVlmNqMMs[/YT]
i loved this when i first saw it... and I still do :D

the fact that John Haymes Newton voices Clark and Superman makes me giggle :woot:

Don't want to be treated by small children?

Then stop acting like them with these kind of conversations.

There's only one thing I wanna know from the past couple of pages of Director's ridiculous tirade that moves this thread backwards.

Where did this come from and who made it?
312886_1781045186464_1849495784_1187324_152745083_n.jpg

Bonus points to anyone who has more info about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"