The Official Costume Thread - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Camp, could ya do me a favour? Would you have a go at keeping the stripe along the leg dark blue, but the triangular tribal patterns red and make the "belt" brighter?

Camp, could ya do me a favour? Would you have a go at keeping the stripe along the leg dark blue, but the triangular tribal patterns red and make the "belt" brighter?

here you go

superherohype5.jpg

Last edited:
Not liking the gold at all. To be honest, my only real criticism of the new suit (aside from its dark color) is the piping on his lower torso and legs. Changing it to gold makes it much more noticeable.
I like the piping, but I like it because it's subtle. When it's something other than black (or a darker blue), it's not subtle and it becomes oddly distracting and off putting.

added gold cuffs for the hell of it and made the yellow of the logo a more golden color

superherohype5.jpg

Looks like Captain Marvel Jr.

what I wished they had done if they had to get rid of the classic is a simple red stripe down the leg, and an actual belt. Then it would still be a simple costume and would look a little like Han Solo's Corellian pants. All the little stripes and patterns look so out of place on what is a very basic costume.

like I said it was just for fun but I will whip up a manip of your idea tomorrow

I still feel they failed at trying to offset the balance due to a lack of trunks. That design on back/sides/stomach areas just seems really off to me. It looks even worse when I look at the manips of comics/cartoon versions of the suit.

Looks like Captain Marvel Jr.

what I wished they had done if they had to get rid of the classic is a simple red stripe down the leg, and an actual belt. Then it would still be a simple costume and would look a little like Han Solo's Corellian pants. All the little stripes and patterns look so out of place on what is a very basic costume.

I did one like that before when I was screwing around in Photoshop...

27zi83o.jpg

I happen to think the suit looks fantastic on film(and not even in motion yet)

henry-cavill-man-of-steel-superman-suit.jpg

I've realized this after hearing set photo debates for months whereas almost no one said anything bad about the suit after the promo pic came out(colour or anything) out side of the shine (which no one seems to say anything about now).

I can only imagine if those Spidey fanboys had yet to see their suit in motion or promo'd entirely. I can only imagine.

I kinda like the bright colors but just not for this movie I would love to see a silver - bronze age movie with those colors and a few other heroes

I'm no good at manips, but I have an idea for one.

retromanofsteelbyfanboi.jpg

How about someone with some actual photoshop talent taking a whack at something like this?

(FYI - I did not create the original image, I just changed the colour of the belt area to red. The original image was created by fanboii, if I'm not mistaken.)

I did one like that before when I was screwing around in Photoshop...

27zi83o.jpg

Yeah, what I would like to see is all the junk around the back and torso eliminated and just a belt and a stripe down the leg. I feel all the other stuff clashes with the simplicity of the rest of the costume.

I'm no good at manips, but I have an idea for one.

retromanofsteelbyfanboi.jpg

How about someone with some actual photoshop talent taking a whack at something like this?

(FYI - I did not create the original image, I just changed the colour of the belt area to red. The original image was created by fanboii, if I'm not mistaken.)

this ok tell me if you want any changes done

superherohype4j.jpg

superherohype4j.jpg]

^^^

That is only the second manip I have seen on these boards that I would prefer over the the actual suit, that tinny bit of red makes a world of difference, simply perfect.

Well done.

:)

thanks

it's a good idea maverick simple yet a noticeable difference

^^^^

Thanks guys! Appreciate it!

Especially camp Blood!

That's pretty awesome:up:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread