The now NEW Official DC Stupid Questions thread: Didio Headaches

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they both sucked balls, but oddly enough, for different reasons.

Thought the comic sucked and haven't bothered to watch the movie because of that. We get plenty of s***ty movies from great comics, so I figure a movie based on already s***ty comics can only get even worse.

Batman/Superman: Apocalypse still had Wonder Woman trying to kidnap Kara in the park, Darkseid lowering himself to the petty confrontation in Smallville at the end, and the eyerolling pointlessness that is the Doomsday clones. So yeah, the story itself was just as annoying as the comic, Turner's art really doesn't translate that well into animation, and Apokolips never feels nearly as hellish as it should. Like I said, though, I think the final battle between Superman and Darkseid (if we can believe that Darkseid would sully his hands in a fistfight for something as petty as this when he doesn't have to) was much better on screen than it was on the page.[YT]KZgr7CP4dTg[/YT]Voice acting was good too, although it took me a little while to get used to someone other than Michael Ironside as Darkseid. Conroy goes without saying, but I'll always love Daly's Superman just as much.

It really was, the last scene is sad as hell, though.

The Red Hood movie managed to do what the comics couldn't: make me feel sorry for Jason Todd. He was more of a tragic man on a mission than a whiny brat.

Well, the movie didn't have Jason randomly lashing out at members of the Bat-family for no reason. The entire movie seems to be Jason focusing more on his plans because he's trying to prove a point and accomplish something. They also compare what Jason has become with what he once was, and the fall from grace is just tragic.

The movie has the advantage of using years of continuity in a single narrative. They don't expect you to have prior knowledge of Jason Todd from 20 years ago, move on from him, and then have him come back years later for no reason. The death and resurrection is all one sad story.

BUT, I still advise you not to get your hopes up or anything. I don't want to hype this movie up to the point where you think it'll be totally different from the comics.

Well, so far I'm hearing that it doesn't involve retcon-punches, Jason's not a totally irritating c**t in it, and there's actually a clear plan and some narrative cohesion, which have been my main problems with his resurrection in the comics so far. Maybe I'll give it a try after all.

It's not that great. It's better than most of the DTVs that's been released, but that's not saying much. The voice actor for Batman was weird as hell, too.

There, let me bring those hopes down some :awesome:

I dunno...I didn't think it was terrible but I didn't think it was great either...

It's worth a look though...

I never read the story it was based on so I have no basis of comparison...

It's not that great. It's better than most of the DTVs that's been released, but that's not saying much. The voice actor for Batman was weird as hell, too.

There, let me bring those hopes down some :awesome:

Bruce Greenwood as Batman was pretty great... If anyone was odd as the voice of Bats, it was Daniel Baldwin.

They also avoid saying whose powers Amazo is specifically copying in the movie, whereas the comic came right out and said that he copying those of certain members of the JLA, resulting in a few WTF moments.

Sure, his actual hardware was conveniently stripped down in the comic, so he had no weapons like Diana's lasso or a GL ring, but there's no explanation given for why he has all of Superman's powers except for invulnerability. Am I supposed to believe that was part of the hardware that was stripped from the android? How? Why?

The movie just says that Amazo can "absorb the power of superhumans" and leaves it at that without naming names. Sure, he's got laser eyes and superstrength, but those abilities might not necessarily have come from Superman in the DTV's universe, so that's another definite improvement over the source material in my book. :up:

Of course, Batman and Nightwing fighting Amazo at all is still a pretty pointless scene that has no effect on the story in either the comic or the movie, so make of that what you will.

Last edited:
I thought he did okay. But I had watched Batman Begins before I watched that, so maybe I still had Bale's voice in my head at the time. :o That kid and the Grandma from that Popcorn commercial had a better Batman voice than Bale.

I actually think that Bale can do a decent Batman voice. They just don't let him do it in the movies for some reason. The parts of the Batman Begins videogame where he's either narrating or talking to Alfred over the comm link are actually done in a surprisingly good voice. You can hear a small snippet of it here, where they thankfully refrained from using a sample of his more infamous Batman voice.

Maybe Nolan figured Batman shouldn't be doing too much talking anyway, what with the creature of the night angle. More action, less talking.

And then The Dark Knight came along and Batman had to talk for like forever. :o

Is Bibbo Bibbowski still in the Superman comics? I've been reading all of the death of Superman stuff again, and it's a pain to read his dialogue, and then it made me wonder if he is still around.

Hahahahahahahaha :lmao:

hahahahahahahahahahahaha :lmao:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha:lmao:

F**k no. :dry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"