The now NEW Official DC Stupid Questions thread: Didio Headaches

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want a story about a pro-active super hero team that is good and makes any sense, read Justice League Elite.

As much as that guy in the review is right, it doesn't make me want to punch him in the face any less.
I think it's the bully side of me beating up the geek side if me. :dry:

Yeah, the hat doesn't work for me either. The 11th Doctor, he is not, nor Indiana Jones.

What I don't understand about that story is why Hal Jordan is acting that way. He's acted like that before, and it led him down one of the darkest paths a hero has ever taken. And he's constantly saying how he never wants to do that again, and never will. Yet... here he is acting just how he did before he became Parallax. God... I hope some cosmic event like Superboy-Prime punching his was back into our universe causes this whole story to just go away and Roy Harper to return to how he used to be, and bring poor little Lian back.

HAHAHA! That's what I thought too.
Alan Scott isn't a member of the GL Corps, so to Sinestro he's just another backwards Earthman with a magical ring that spits green fire constructs.

I bet Alan could totally take him, though. Provided he's not psychosomatically making himself feel like he's 110 that day or whatever. :csad:

Are there any current titles that feature Blue Beetly Jaime as a major recurring character?

Hourman (Rick Tyler) power of seeing 1 hour into the future seems more than useful to me... why doesnt he use it more often?

Because it's too useful. Genuinely useful powers need to be toned down in comics in order to preserve drama. See also: the Flash.

Ohok... With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility? :dry:

I was wondering if I should pick up some issues of the Kyle/Green Lantern series. So are they any good?

My local shop usually makes their own sets and they have several of his story arcs together:

The Marz stuff and his final issues
The Marz/Dixon GL/GA crossover
Some writers I can't recall
and the Judd W issues.​

I don't know, but Bendis did screw him up pretty magnificently.

I was wondering if I should pick up some issues of the Kyle/Green Lantern series. So are they any good?

My local shop usually makes their own sets and they have several of his story arcs together:

The Marz stuff and his final issues
The Marz/Dixon GL/GA crossover
Some writers I can't recall
and the Judd W issues.​
Avoid most of Ben Raab's work, if you can. But the rest of it, yes, give it a try.

So I've heard mixed things about a lot of the post Chuck Dixon/Scott McDaniel Nightwing stuff. I know those two only lasted 40 issues, but could someone give me a breakdown of what's worth tracking down and reading and what to skip?

Was there any direct tied to the events of Batman & Robin and The Return of Bruce Wayne? Is it okay to go ahead and read the latter, or should I just wait until the theoretical time when I caught up with B&R and read them together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"