BvS The Official Diane Lane IS Ma Kent Thread

I was just reading this, and just about to post that. Weird.

Great choice for Ma Kent, can definitely picture her with Costner.

I'm FilmNerdJamie, and I approve this casting.

I had imagined her as a young Martha Kent a few years ago. Great!

BURBANK, CA, March 2, 2011 – Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures announced today that Oscar®-nominated actress Diane Lane will play Martha Kent, the only mother Clark Kent has ever known, in the new Superman movie to be directed by Zack Snyder.
Snyder stated, “This was a very important piece of casting for me because Martha Kent is the woman whose values helped shape the man we know as Superman. We are thrilled to have Diane in the role because she can convey the wisdom and the wonder of a woman whose son has powers beyond her imagination.”
Lane will star with Henry Cavill, who was recently announced as the new Clark Kent/Superman.
Lane earned an Academy Award® nomination for her performance in the 2002 drama “Unfaithful.” She most recently starred in the family hit “Secretariat.” She next stars in the HBO feature “Cinema Verite,” opposite Tim Robbins and James Gandolfini. Lane’s long list of film credits also includes “Nights in Rodanthe,” “Hollywoodland,” “Must Love Dogs,” “Under the Tuscan Sun,” “Perfect Storm,” “My Dog Skip,” “Chaplin,” “The Cotton Club” and “A Little Romance,” to name only a portion.
Charles Roven, Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Deborah Snyder are the producers of the film. The screenplay is being written by David S. Goyer based on a story by Goyer and Nolan. Thomas Tull and Lloyd Phillips are serving as executive producers.
Slated for release in December 2012, the new Superman movie will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

Ma Kent!

Henry Cavill (confirmed, Kal-El, Clark Kent, Superman)

Diane Lane (confirmed, Martha Kent)
Kevin Costner (rumored, Jonathan Kent)
Viggo Mortenson (rumored, General Zod)
Daniel Day Lewis (rumored, Lex Luthor)

Pretty, DREAM TEAM cast, if this happens!

-R

Hard for me to imagine the hot cheating mom from Unfaithful as Martha Kent, but I guess that means I'm getting older.

She'll do well though, she's a fine actress.

Another solid choice from Snyder.

young kents?
Birthright indeed.

It wasn't confirmed which role Costner was playing right?

Henry Cavill (confirmed, Kal-El, Clark Kent, Superman)

Diane Lane (confirmed, Martha Kent)
Kevin Costner (rumored, Jonathan Kent)
Viggo Mortenson (rumored, General Zod)
Daniel Day Lewis (rumored, Lex Luthor)

Pretty, DREAM TEAM cast, if this happens!

-R

Whoa whoa, when was DDL rumored for Lex?

It's like my dreams/predictions are coming true. I'm a ****ing casting genius.

Great Casting! I love her. Looks like they are really going with the "Smallville" route...casting younger parents...Costner, Lane, Viggo? Wow.

Yikes! Cherry Valence old enough to play Superman's mother just made me feel really old....Hmmm, I like it though. Good name, good face, good actress. And I can see her coupled with Kevin Costner if that pans out.

Supreman will have a MILF for a mom in the move

Superman's adopted mom is a MILF!

If the DDL rumours are true, and they cast him as anyone other than Jor-El, I will go out and steal candy from babies.

Don't think I won't do it, Snyder.:dry:

He could also play Jor-El...

Yup....entirely possible.

However, I feel that it would be a waste of a great actor. While I love the character of Jor-El, I feel the 1978 film gave too much importance to his character...

Jor-El didn't raise Superman. The Kents did. That's what makes him who he is--the god who is a man. I feel that if we were lucky enough to get Daniel Day Lewis to be in a comic book film, I wouldn't waste him on a character that is seen in flashbacks--but rather as a menacing, calculating, cool, and collected, Lex Luthor. (and to a 3 picture deal :D ).

-R

C'mon now, guys. DDL isn't going to do this.

But Diane Lane = :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"