The OFFICIAL FINAL CRISIS THREAD

Please. Don't try to come off like the victim here. It's easy to forget because you've said this:

...more times than you've said anything else here. Search any of your posts on this board and we end up with millions of variations on the same theme, over and over and over and over again.

If you don't deny that your views are extreme and don't expect people to agree with you, then don't act like some misunderstood activist when people don't agree with you and think your views are extreme.

No, I'm not trying to be a victim at all. I'm nobody's victim. I'm simply stating that I don't dislike ALL comics from the mid-80's on, and in fact there are some series I have liked. That's all.

No one said it was the last event, hell the blackest night comes out a year after this starts. Its called Final Crisis, not Final Event. :word:

It will never end..will it..:brucebat:

Stallion9979 said:
52 weeks is a long time to try and carry a weak story and hopefully they use Final Crisis to tell us that the real villain behind all of this was Joe Quesada

That's Marvel,this is DC..but who can tell the difference anymore?

any one see the next month cover of wizard by J G Jones? He took a pic of John Cena and made superman out of it. the ****?

You know what's better than talking about something that no one knows, when you're talking about something that people do know, in other words post a damn picture.

too lazy, i got the issue in my car, i'll take a pic of it brb

(yes, i am that bored)

0101082158.jpg

I went looking for this pic on wizards website and couldnt find it but everyone thinks it looks like cena over there.

Maybe he considers John Cena a real-life superhero.

Or maybe not. I don't see the resemblance, but then I don't give a flying furry **** about that show.

its not a show, its a lifestyle :o

Then as Fred Phelps is to the homosexual lifestyle, so too am I to the fake wrestling lifestyle. Look for me to be picketing the funerals of soldiers because of America's decadent, amoral support for the fake-wrestler agenda. You can catch me on my national Sunday broadcast as I preach my God-given gospel against the vile scum that is the fake-wrestling community. I'm also launching my new website soon, GodHatesFaks.com, which promotes my view that God has a divine, furious hatred of "Faks," which is my derogatory term for Fake Wrestler.

With love and belief in Christ and you,
God hates faks.

I almost laughed but you tried too hard to be funny. :(

Then as Fred Phelps is to the homosexual lifestyle, so too am I to the fake wrestling lifestyle. Look for me to be picketing the funerals of soldiers because of America's decadent, amoral support for the fake-wrestler agenda. You can catch me on my national Sunday broadcast as I preach my God-given gospel against the vile scum that is the fake-wrestling community. I'm also launching my new website soon, GodHatesFaks.com, which promotes my view that God has a divine, furious hatred of "Faks," which is my derogatory term for Fake Wrestler.

With love and belief in Christ and you,
God hates faks.

How come it took the big guy [god] 6 days to create earth ? If he has limitless power should it have taken an instant?:huh:

He works in mysterious ways.

(Translation: He's your God; quit asking so many blasted questions. :o)

remember when his covers were flawless?

its like ultimate fantastic four all over again :(

Maybe Jones looked at how long it took him to do his work, then peeped over at Greg Land's studio and paycheck and was like "... the **** am I killing myself over here for?"

Still looks better than Brandon Routh.

Maybe Jones looked at how long it took him to do his work, then peeped over at Greg Land's studio and paycheck and was like "... the **** am I killing myself over here for?"

Okay I laughed out loud at that one. The real laugh out loud, not type "lol" and not really do it.

It's a combination of a lot of things for me. The term "crisis" is utterly devoid of meaning now, since the Crisis on Infinite Earths was a massive event that totally reorganized the DC universe, and then Infinite Crisis was a mediocre event that existed simply to totally undo the Crisis on Infinite Earths. quote]

I never really can understand why people prefered the first Crisis over the second. The first one really is a convoluted overated peice of crap, where as the second is pretty competant piece of work. IMO all the Crisis hate is based on human genetical hatred of sequels. But there are some sequels out their that are better than the original; Ailens, Godfather, Terminator to name but a few.

:wow:
Ouch.Credibility loss.

SA Legion tromps waid era legion. Read any of the legion epics and you'd know that.

The only classic Legion story i have read is the 'Great Darkness Saga' and most of Waids run is FAR superior. I wish they would have let him stay on the book.

I never really can understand why people prefered the first Crisis over the second. The first one really is a convoluted overated peice of crap, where as the second is pretty competant piece of work. IMO all the Crisis hate is based on human genetical hatred of sequels. But there are some sequels out their that are better than the original; Ailens, Godfather, Terminator to name but a few.
I never really gave much thought to the first Crisis. It's pretty much a cornerstone of the DC universe, and it's always been there as far as my experiences with DC have been concerned. The DCU without the first Crisis is pretty much "incontheivable" to me.

Regarding the actual stories of each, I'd say the CoIE was a better straight-up superhero tale of truly colossal scope, whereas IC was deeper and more metaphorical and thought-provoking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"