The Official Goku/Justin Chatwin Thread

The Joker_1000

Superhero
Reaction score
I'm so glad no one made this thread but anyway, this is the place to discuss anything Goku or Justin Chatwin related, whether it's related to the movie or the series or Justin being in other movies. :word:

goku2.jpg

i think justin is starting to grow on more people as Goku now. we need more pics though.

Agreed, I think he'll do fine. This could be the role that makes him get recognized by other directors so if he screws up, you mine as well say his career is going to go down the sewer.

Yep & I hope that Goku wears a blue Gi in one of these movies. He should wear an orange Gi for the first movie, a black Gi for the second movie, a blue Gi for the third movie, Saiyan armor for the fourth movie, & back to an orange Gi for the fifth movie if it gets that far.

WOuld anyone be againts possible replacement of Chatwin in a sequel? Just to show proper growth and aging?

That should never be done, just keep the same person & use different make-up to show him aging. Btw, at one point in a movie I'd even like to see Goku with a beard but he should shave it off soon.

Its just the guy is a shimp and i think that maybe the movie's sequel would attract better actors and bigger guys that can act, cause right now i dont see him as goku.

You haven't even seen him in the movie he's been bulking up anyone. Besides, I don't see the need to have him look like a bodybuilder for a few movies. He'll add on more muscle as each movie comes but for now he's the perfect size. I say keep Justin & let him bulk up a little more for each movie.

Im not saying he has to look like a bodybuilder im just saying he needs more than twigs for arms and something of a chest. lol I have seen the set pics and even though they dont show much he just looks shrimpy. I mean I could beat him up.

I doubt that but all I'm saying is that his arms nor his chest were that huge in Dragon Ball so he doesn't need to be that huge for this movie.

Yep & I hope that Goku wears a blue Gi in one of these movies. He should wear an orange Gi for the first movie, a black Gi for the second movie, a blue Gi for the third movie, Saiyan armor for the fourth movie, & back to an orange Gi for the fifth movie if it gets that far.

i'm cool with this idea

Yeah, it'd keep him fresh & I think it'd be much better than him wearing the same outfit all the time.

Ugh, I cant beleve they cut his hair. it looked great when it was longer.

oh well. theres still hope!

hopefully the story is made well

Oh, I thought you meant his hair should've been like it was in the manga. But no, his hair needs to be spiky. Even if it isn't super long, it needs to be spiky & that's not spiky at all.

no sir....i don't like him. Chatwin is the worst casting choice on this movie by far and one of the worst in the history of adaptations imo. i don't understand why, with the millions of aspiring actors, they decided to go with an uncharismatic whimpy looking walking stick. visuals are a big factor for me and they totally dropped the ball with Chatwin. i'm not saying Goku has to be asian, i'm not even saying he has to be muscular, but at least he has to look like he can whoop some ass like he does in the cartoon. Jet Li isn't exactly a big guy, but he still looks like he could kick some @$$ even when he's just standing there. Chatwin doesn't have that. he looks like he'd be on the receiving end of the @$$ whooping.

as for his acting, i've only seen him in War of the Worlds. that being said, when i saw that movie, i didn't feel for him. i was more annoyed with him than anything. i don't know what Spielberg had in mind for that character but he came off as a whiny, ignorant punk with attitude problems. i was actually glad when it looked like his character had died but unfortunately he showed up at the end. i haven't seen the Invisible yet, but it only got a 19% from RottenTomatoes and a 36 from Metacritic...so his acting couldn't have been all that great. hell, one review even said he acted "prickly and annoyed"...which is pretty much how i would describe how he acted in WoW. i can't help but think that's how he'll act as Goku also.

i dunno how to say it other than that they really missed the mark with casting Chatwin as Goku. it's not a deal killer for me, but when i found out he was cast as Goku my hopes for this film all but flew out the window.

I'm willing to give him a chance. He best not blow it.

Well, you may not be giving him a chance but I certainly am. For all we know he could give us the performance of a lifetime.

I'm more for him than against him. The only thing better, that I can think of, would be a completely fresh face that no one has seen before, who bears a truly strong resemblance to Goku. An unknown.

Sure isn't anyone else of significant stature in Hollywood that fits the bill better than Chatwin, to me.

Agreed, he could end up giving the best performance in the movie & I'm sure that he won't let us down. Hell, for all we know he could've done a ton of research on the character like Chow Yun Fat is doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"