The Official Goku/Justin Chatwin Thread

You'll be better off sitting comfortably at home watching the season finale of SCC (thats what I'll be doing at least) instead of cashing $10 for this movie.

Did you actually think I'd miss the Terminator finale to see this on opening night? :pal:

At best I might see this at a matinee showing. In all likelihood though, I'll end up waiting for the DVD, just like with the finished version of Wolverine.

In all likelihood though, I'll end up waiting for the DVD, just like with the finished version of Wolverine

Wise choice. It shouldn't take to long either, I'm sure theaters are going to get rid of it pretty quickly.

As I said in the film review thread:

I don't know who Justin Chatwin was playing, but that certainly wasn't Goku. Goku is supposed to a selfless, optimistic, happy-go-lucky--if not hopelessly naive--boy or man of honor. He doesn't have self-esteem issues about being "different." He doesn't let bullies get under his skin. He doesn't try to show off to impress anybody, let alone a crush (Not to mention, as I forgot to add, asking his Grandpa of all people how to get girls. And BTW, what the hell was up with that daydream with him imagining Chi-Chi eating strawberries?) He certainly doesn't resort to cheating when things aren't going his way (i.e. when he was first trying to light the candles with the Kamahamaha wave). And he certainly doesn't have to be told over and over "You must have faith in yourself." Maybe Mr. Chatwin was thinking, "Gosh, I hope Sam Raimi sees this movie. I'd make a much better Peter Parker for Spider-Man 4 than that hack, Tobey Maguire." Seriously, it's like he, the director, and the screenwriter thought Goku had to be like Spider-Man, probably under the misguided notion that the kids could relate to him better.

And yet Chatwin claimed to have been reading the Dragonball manga for inspiration? Really? Cause it looks like you have some pretty poor reading comprehension skills, there, "Geeko."

I started hitting the air in anger when he said ''I want to be normal''. Normal? The hell kind of talk is that?

Normal... he's a Highschool kid that could kick everyone's ass. What's he so unhappy about?

Normal... he's a Highschool kid that could kick everyone's ass. What's he so unhappy about?

Goku in the manga NEVER wished that he was normal. He just perceived himself as an Earthling, not a Saiyan who were sent to Earth in order to destroy it and its habitats. Seriously, it's like James Wong and the screenwriter don't know how Goku is supposed to be.

They mixed Goku with Gohan for this movie it seems

I wish. Not even Gohan was during his school days like that.

yeah he was, don't ignore a good point. He had to hide his abilities and got teased by a bunch of jerks. Got ya there, it's accurate, so don't ignore it for the sake of more bashing.

He wasn't all love sick and angry that he couldn't kick their asses. He tried to hide his abilities so he wouldn't get bothered by other people because he's super human.

Oh man, I just realized this is the same idiot "angsty" teenager that played Tom Cruise's son in "War of the worlds"!

yeah he was, don't ignore a good point. He had to hide his abilities and got teased by a bunch of jerks. Got ya there, it's accurate, so don't ignore it for the sake of more bashing.

Gohan never wanted to be normal, either. He just decided to keep his identity a secret from the world (like other Z fighters, who let Satan get the credit as the savior of Earth), but he also enjoyed being a Super Saiyan superhero during his off-days. Gohan never behaved like Chatwin's Gohan in DB:E.

Plus wasn't Gohan kinda popular in his school? He was in the "cool" clique with Videl that blond girl and that blond buff guy.

As I said in the film review thread:

I don't know who Justin Chatwin was playing, but that certainly wasn't Goku. Goku is supposed to a selfless, optimistic, happy-go-lucky--if not hopelessly naive--boy or man of honor. He doesn't have self-esteem issues about being "different." He doesn't let bullies get under his skin. He doesn't try to show off to impress anybody, let alone a crush (Not to mention, as I forgot to add, asking his Grandpa of all people how to get girls. And BTW, what the hell was up with that daydream with him imagining Chi-Chi eating strawberries?) He certainly doesn't resort to cheating when things aren't going his way (i.e. when he was first trying to light the candles with the Kamahamaha wave). And he certainly doesn't have to be told over and over "You must have faith in yourself." Maybe Mr. Chatwin was thinking, "Gosh, I hope Sam Raimi sees this movie. I'd make a much better Peter Parker for Spider-Man 4 than that hack, Tobey Maguire." Seriously, it's like he, the director, and the screenwriter thought Goku had to be like Spider-Man, probably under the misguided notion that the kids could relate to him better.

And yet Chatwin claimed to have been reading the Dragonball manga for inspiration? Really? Cause it looks like you have some pretty poor reading comprehension skills, there, "Geeko."

Oh no, Chatwin did what he was payed to do, he was just the wrong casting and terrible director. TERRIBLE!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"