The Official Green Lantern Marketing Thread

It still looks like awesome. :o
No it doesn't.

Obviously I'm not alone in my opinion. General audiences weren't impressed with the FX from the first trailer. Mask still looks cheaply painted on. Its not my fault if WB and the visual FX artists are slacking off.

I don't think so, to me paint starts off in that 'spreadable' and 'loose' mode before eventually becoming stale and/or dry on whatever it is on top of, that energy/domino mask just doesn't look like it develops from one state to another state physically, Hal's energy/domino mask looks like it just begins and ends as a solid looking energy/domino mask. Hal's energy/domino mask also has that 'tangible', weighty, and peelable look. Imo. If it didn't have that 'shade' appearance then I wouldn't argue that it doesn't look like paint on his face.

Last edited:
I think it looks a ton better compared to what it used to. In fact, I like it now.

brisk.jpg

I think this one is for real.

Is the Doritos/Brisk "Anyone can be Choses" campaign part of a viral marketing scheme?

Edit:

ConstestPrizes.png

I guess when you pick the Prize Page link it explains that you get a digital comic every time you play (I presume there is a code under each bottle cap or inside each bag of chips). Other prizes are a custom Green Lantern Xbox 360, a pair of tickets to see "Green Lantern" from Fandango, An LG smartphone, or a chance to become a Green Lantern in a comic and/or character in an animated DVD. Hows that for marketing?

Second Edit: I guess there is no purchase necessary to play the game. All you have to do is text "KROGER" or "CHIPS" on you cellphone.

Last edited:
I could actually see Reynolds doing that Reese's take on the oath for a promotion or something.

Green lantern joins "Makeminemilk"-campaign :

550w_make_mine_milk_campaign_ryan_reynolds.jpg

Rupert Grint, Ryan Reynolds join 'milk' campaign

Rupert Grint and Ryan Reynolds have become the latest celebrities to sign up to front the 'make mine milk' campaign.
The two actors have been unveiled as the new faces, and will appear with the iconic 'milk moustache' on posters and thousands of buses across the UK from today.
The Harry Potter and Green Lantern stars follow celebrities including Usher, the cast of The A-Team, Pixie Lott, The Wanted, Tess Daly, Jenson Bunton and Elle Macpherson in fronting the campaign

"I come from a big family and my mum always made sure we had lots of milk to drink as kids. It's low in fat, refreshing and good for you, and really tasty too," Grint said. "Nowadays I still have milk with cereal for breakfast and always try to pick up a milky cappuccino when I'm on set or on a photo shoot - it's important to get your daily dose of milk."

The 22-year-old also completed the challenge of drinking a pint of low-fat milk as fast as he could - doing so in a respectable 20 seconds.

Created by the Milk Marketing Forum, the campaign aims to "revive the nation's love" for milk.

Grint will appear in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part Two, which opens July 15, while Reynolds stars in The Green Lantern, which opens June 17.
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a318166/rupert-grint-ryan-reynolds-join-milk-campaign.html

So I got a reply back from the viral marketing

"
Evidence is a wonderful thing, and I'm pleased to hear there might actually be some for this so-called anomaly. Four kids with a telescope is one thing. Five kids with two telescopes is still not an emergency redirect of a multi-million dollar telescope, but it becomes more interesting.*

If you're serious about this and have other friends with telescopes, you know what to do.

AW"

Anyone else email the message from the newton? I'm surprised there isn't a dedicated thread yet....

I did. Waller replied back to me and thanked me for my support. She also said that she would also see what she could do.

I want that Brisk can, now :o Where can I get that? I haven't seen Brisk in forever down here.

Last edited:
I want to see ALL of the Green Lantern character posters all over the movie theaters this weekend with the release of Pirates 4 and they should stay in the theaters until the film isn't showing in the theates any longer. :hal:

Hey there everyone - new member and first time poster here. Been reading the SHH boards on and off for some time now and finally signed up!

So the Reese's promotion - brilliant! PB cups are my favorite candy so the combo of that and the GL promotion will be my downfall this summer:applaud

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed, but has anyone heard if there will be 7-Eleven Slurpee cups for GL? I know they're still in their Thor promotion right now. They typically run with the Marvel movies so perhaps Captain America will get cups, but I thought GL would be perfect. They usually offer about 4 different cups so Hal, Sinestro, Kilowog and Tomar Re right there.

@beet farmer, Right now, 7-eleven seems to have a promotion going on for "The Hangover", which releases May 26th. If there is a Green Lantern promo, it will probably come after that.

I've only seen the milk advert in the UK. There is some serious slacking off but then again I've seen nothing advertised but Thor and Pirates for the last month bar one X Men poster in the free paper.

It goes without saying it was a VERY smart marketing strategy to release a brand spanking new (and best) 3D Trailer with the release of a big popular franchise film like Pirates 4. Alot of the general movie going audience will see this Trailer in all it's glory.

WB's should definitely release some epic and action packed TV spots during the NBA and NHL finals as well. :hal:

I also can't wait to see an HBO First Look on Green Lantern as well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"