The Official Green Lantern Rumors/Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
WB casting for John Stewart GL version (proposed scoop/treat as rumor)

22:00 in

If WB's go with a more mature older John Stewart/GL....I'm all for Idris Elba or Terry Crews to be cast.

Both have screen presence, charisma, personality, the required look/physicality, and both can do action/fight scenes. Would be good for the Military/Solider side of Stewart also.

WB casting for John Stewart GL version (proposed scoop/treat as rumor)

22:00 in

Will be awesome if this turns out to be true! We've waited faaar too long to see JS in live action

Last edited:
If WB is smart thy will listen to the world and cast Elba as Stewart. There's no one more appropriate. They should buy out his Marvel contract and force Marvel to recast . He's completely wasted on such a minor role like Heimdall.

I wish he was never cast in Thor so there wouldn't be this problem . Heimdall could've been anyone, it didn't require an actor on Elbas level

If WB is smart thy will listen to the world and cast Elba as Stewart. There's no one more appropriate. They should buy out his Marvel contract and force Marvel to recast . He's completely wasted on such a minor role like Heimdall.

I wish he was never cast in Thor so there wouldn't be this problem . Heimdall could've been anyone, it didn't require an actor on Elbas level

I'm not sure Elba would be interested. I read an interview with him after Mandela was released and he sounded dissatisfied with returning to the MCU after playing such a weighty role. That could just have been my interpretation, or maybe he just didn't like what he was asked to do in A:AoU, but it didn't seem like he'd be eager for a new string of comic book movies.

Agreed. Elba and his agent should request to be let go of whatever contract he is bound by with Thor since yes...his talent is completely wasted in those films.

Especially since he would be a lead in the GL films potentially.

I'm not sure Elba would be interested. I read an interview with him after Mandela was released and he sounded dissatisfied with returning to the MCU after playing such a weighty role. That could just have been my interpretation, or maybe he just didn't like what he was asked to do in A:AoU, but it didn't seem like he'd be eager for a new string of comic book movies.

If he is the lead and not a wasted character like he is now and would still get paid?

Why not?

I'm starting to believe Scott Eastwood is Hal Jordan/GL. The report said the role in SS is a smaller role and he is signed for 3 films currently. The report also said WB's sees him as an up and coming star.

In SS, Hal could be basically introduced in that smaller role and than he would come in to play in JL1 and JL2. By

Between JL films WB's can always decide to sign him to the GL Corp film due in what 2019 or 2020? By the time 2019/2020 come around, Eastwood should be more well known without a doubt.

If Eastwood is not Trevor...he is Hal/GL or Grayson/Nightwing IMO. He freakin looks like all of them!

Last edited:
Should I dare imagine that the 2020 movie might be a Green Lantern Corps movie?

I've always said that I'd like a GL corps movie.
The thing is, I'm dying to see John Stewart in one of these things, but I also feel like Hal Jordan should be done right as well, as he is still the one I most associate with GL stories, so...I would LOVE a GL Corps movie that's able to incorporate both.

The thing is, I'm dying to see John Stewart in one of these things, but I also feel like Hal Jordan should be done right as well, as he is still the one I most associate with GL stories, so...I would LOVE a GL Corps movie that's able to incorporate both.
It really seems like the best way to go. That way everyone gets what they want.

Should I dare imagine that the 2020 movie might be a Green Lantern Corps movie?

I've always said that I'd like a GL corps movie.

It really seems like the best way to go. That way everyone gets what they want.

The GL mythos has unlimited potential, but the focus needs to be on the essence of the comic. The movies or TV show can sprinkle the narrative with Carol/Fatality/Katma/Jade etc romances, but it can't get mired in those like the '11 movie did. Keep the focus on Hal, John, and (dare I hope?) Kyle :hmr:, and GL will be just fine.

Warner Bros. Chief Says Studio Is Putting DC Movies "In The Hands Of Master Filmmakers"
Great article!!! Must read DCCU!
http://t.co/W5dgu3mtuc #DCHASNOPLAN #THEYSAID #WHATABOUTNOW

Last edited:
He says there is humor and that it's important. Obviously a response to that "no humor" ******** report.

Well, how can you have a guy who talks to fish, a speedster, an amazon and a guy who uses a ring as a weapon, among others, and not have the slightest bit of humor in it? I think BvS would be darker mainly because it introduces Batman to this universe and Suicide Squad might be dark because its main characters are villains. I don't see how you can have a gritty Flash, Wonder Woman or Green Lantern movie. How can you have characters like Salaak or Kilowog on screen and not have a few laughs. lol

Wow. James Wan to direct Aquaman. I'm excited about about who they'll choose for Green Lantern!

CGt9cUtU8AAT8Xj.jpg

Is this guy seriously keeping this up? It's getting kind of funny.

I would like to see both as well. I don't see why it has to be one or the other. I was thinking, how about if they make the GL movies different from the other stand alones where we have both Hal and John. They could be like Riggs and Murtaugh. A buddy cop dynamic.

I agree. I always felt that Hal and John is much better than Hal or John. Marvel uses both Iron Man and War Machine, why can't DC do something similar with Jordan and Stewart. Soft reboot Hal in the Justice League movie and then introduce John as his partner in the Green Lantern movie.

Well, how can you have a guy who talks to fish, a speedster, an amazon and a guy who uses a ring as a weapon, among others, and not have the slightest bit of humor in it? I think BvS would be darker mainly because it introduces Batman to this universe and Suicide Squad might be dark because its main characters are villains. I don't see how you can have a gritty Flash, Wonder Woman or Green Lantern movie. How can you have characters like Salaak or Kilowog on screen and not have a few laughs. lol

I really thought it was hilarious when Kilowog sniffed Hal in GL '11 and said, "You smell funny." To which a grossed-out Hal responded, "I smell funny?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"