The Dark Knight Rises The Official Harley Quinn Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kristen bell is boring garbage. i wish they would actually cast her just so everyone could see how horrible it turns out. she can act circles around brittany murphy? how is that even possible when brittany is an actress and kristen is not. brittany is charming and can play nut cases like Harley Quinn in Don't Say A Word, Girl Interrupted. like christopher nolan is going to cast the nobody from vernoica mars to play the VILLAIN:applaud in a Batman film! there is absolutely nothing evil about this twit. keep her away from batman and in s*** comedies like forgetting sarah marshal where she belongs!

Did Kristen Bell reject you or something?

Support Amy Acker by voting for her for Quinn. Realistically i know she wont get as many votes as Bell or Murphy but i at least want her to hit the double digits.

142604_large.jpeg

Oh and for those who thinks she looks to sweet...

Its amazing..

heath_ledger_six.jpg

HeathJoker.png

what a little make up can do...

Amy_Acker.jpg

Illyria_Buffyverse.jpg

1090815327_Illyria.jpeg

along with some good acting :woot:

kristen bell is boring garbage. i wish they would actually cast her just so everyone could see how horrible it turns out. she can act circles around brittany murphy? how is that even possible when brittany is an actress and kristen is not. brittany is charming and can play nut cases like Harley Quinn in Don't Say A Word, Girl Interrupted. like christopher nolan is going to cast the nobody from vernoica mars to play the VILLAIN:applaud in a Batman film! there is absolutely nothing evil about this twit. keep her away from batman and in s*** comedies like forgetting sarah marshal where she belongs!
Ok, so Forgetting Sarah Marshall is a crap comedy compared to masterpieces like Just Married, Uptown Girls, Summer Catch, and Little Black Book. And Don't Say A Word is SO much better than Deadwood, the Shield, and Spartan. Now I see where you're coming from. It explains so much. Well, I hope your "actress" continues to get the quality of work you think she's always been getting.:rolleyes:

In all seriousness, though, Girl, Interrupted was the only good role I've ever seen Murphy in, but it doesn't in any way convince me that she could handle Harley Quinn. She wasn't bad in Clueless, either, but she didn't have much to do besides be a bit vapid, which doesn't ever seem very difficult for her. Yikes, sorry, that's my one insult for the day.

Kristen Bell, Zooey Deschanel, or Amy Acker FTW. :)

Support Amy Acker by voting for her for Quinn. Realistically i know she wont get as many votes as Bell or Murphy but i at least want her to hit the double digits.

what a little make up can do...

Amy_Acker.jpg

Illyria_Buffyverse.jpg

along with some good acting :woot:
Exactly. I mean anyone who's watched Amy Acker as Fred and Illyria, there's a dramatic change in characters. For a while I thought Acker had someone dubbing a different voice for Illyria.

Did Kristen Bell reject you or something?

What is she you're girlfriend? Are you her knight in shining armour or something? Seriously, Kristen Bell makes worthless trash and reminding people is always a good thing. :cwink:

I don't think the actress in question is really that important, in comparrison to the question of how Harley could or should be used.

I do think that The Joker's total corruption of an impressionable mind could make for rather a chilling sub-plot in a future film, and it could offer a vehicle for his escape. I imagine him doing this by appealling to her sense of pity, her ego (by offering false hope of his own rehabilitation), her intellectual curiosity; but also by coercion and intimidation. I would like to see Dr Harley aid The Joker's escape from Arkham, and possibly shelter him in her home for some time. I am not really in favour of seeing her become a costumed supervillain in her own right, however. I can imagine The Joker scarring her mouth and painting her face, though..

So, where's Batman is all of this?

Would this movie be specifically about Joker and Harley, and at the end Batman shows up?

See, this is what I am talking about. In an animated TV show, like Batman: TAS you can have entire episodes devoted to the villains.

But when it comes to the movies, Batman is the main character. If not, then you're back in the Burton/Schumacher films.

That is why I said, if you are going to have Harley in one of these films, she needs to be taken away from The Joker and be made an independent villain. You can't spend so much time on the development of a villain.

Would this movie be specifically about Joker and Harley, and at the end Batman shows up?

See, this is what I am talking about. In an animated TV show, like Batman: TAS you can have entire episodes devoted to the villains.

But when it comes to the movies, Batman is the main character. If not, then you're back in the Burton/Schumacher films.

That is why I said, if you are going to have Harley in one of these films, she needs to be taken away from The Joker and be made an independent villain. You can't spend so much time on the development of a villain.
I don't think you'd need to break her away from Joker, but not everything has to be shown onscreen. I'm sure the movie-going audience have the ability to understand that more would go on off screen with Joker and Harley, and they'd follow Batman's POV while the off screen actions take place.

^ I think what Hamil is saying in breaking Harley away from the Joker is to actually not have any physical contact between the two characters, there could still be an emotional connection in her head at least, much like that of a stalker.

No. If you read my post, you will see that I began by describing the concept as a "sub plot". How about the story focuses on Batman, and The Joker shows up at the end?

harley could only work if Harleen was in BB3 and they showed her being a psychatrist to the joker little by little showing her fall for the joker and at the end brek him out and then have a followup movie that showed those two working together.. Or they could hae the transfromation done in one movie ala Two Face. It could work either way because Nolan intended to have Two Face in the third movie but he changed it so he was in The Dark Knight.

I'm totally against the idea of Harley Quinn being Joker's co-worker in crime. But her being a character in the story, not so much. Nolan's Batman films are lacking a doctor to work with the Arkham inmates. Jonathan Crane was the doctor in Batman Begins. I've come up with a story that to replace him they've hired Harleen Quinzel. Her only role in this film (BM3) is as a doctor/psychiatrist. She will not become Joker's co-worker in crime. She's only there to talk to Joker. Recast Joker with another good actor (Heath was good, but he's certainly not irreplaceable... and I mean that in no disrespect to him) and have him escape from Arkham on almost a weekly basis. He escapes, he's captured, he escapes, he's captured. And Harleen's visits to check on him and work with him is continual and is almost like Dr. Kroger's sessions with Adrian Monk on the show "Monk"... During the show (in this case, movie) every now and then you get a scene between the two. It's like this with Joker and Harleen. Harleen is Joker's official doctor and she's dedicated her life to try and make Joker sane again. Her motive is to turn him sane so that she will become famous. But also she has a passion for working in the psychological field.

No chick could keep up w/ the Joker-Harley Quinn should be a computer virus that might have a CGI face...then give B. Murphy the voice.

^ Thats an even worse idea than rachel becomnig harley...

No chick could keep up w/ the Joker-Harley Quinn should be a computer virus that might have a CGI face...then give B. Murphy the voice.
I'm not usually one to knock ideas, but that one is pretty terrible my friend

wow that is by far the most ******ed idea known to man. Howmuch crack have you been smoking buddy?

Actually, it's quite an interesting idea. I wouldn't endorse the computer virus "being" Harley Quinn as such, but if we were never to see the woman herself in the movies, then I can imagine that a chaotic computer virus which manifests itself as a Jesteress version of the irritating staple from MS Word could be a nice reference, if the whole thing was programmed by The Joker or his goons.

Illyria_Buffyverse.jpg

She has a beautiful face. I'll have to see about smearing some of that makeup for her.

Ok, so Forgetting Sarah Marshall is a crap comedy compared to masterpieces like Just Married, Uptown Girls, Summer Catch, and Little Black Book. And Don't Say A Word is SO much better than Deadwood, the Shield, and Spartan. Now I see where you're coming from. It explains so much. Well, I hope your "actress" continues to get the quality of work you think she's always been getting.:rolleyes:

In all seriousness, though, Girl, Interrupted was the only good role I've ever seen Murphy in, but it doesn't in any way convince me that she could handle Harley Quinn. She wasn't bad in Clueless, either, but she didn't have much to do besides be a bit vapid, which doesn't ever seem very difficult for her. Yikes, sorry, that's my one insult for the day.

Kristen Bell, Zooey Deschanel, or Amy Acker FTW. :)

Agreed. And well put. Though I liked Murphy in Sin City as well.

I wouldn't be upset if she were cast, as I think with the given team, she'd probably make a pretty good Harley.

However, I'd rather see Bell. For one, she's shown interest in the role. Meaning, she's already familiar with the character and enthusiastic about the role. And if you don't think she can act because she played a pretty simple character in Forgetting Sarah Marshall, well, check out the afformentioned titles flickchick mentioned, and of course, Reefer Madness in which she really shines. I'm convinced after seeing her in that movie that not only is she a superb actress but she definitely has it in her to play Harley Quinn to a "T".

I'm not usually one to knock ideas, but that one is pretty terrible my friend

wow that is by far the most ******ed idea known to man. Howmuch crack have you been smoking buddy?

LOL. My guess is that he was joking. Reminds me of an old episode of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles w/ Baxter Stockman and his computer w/ a face that talked to him, and eventually grew a body of its own.

Try going to some of the posts above, or just use google. Its not that hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"