The Dark Knight Rises The Official Harley Quinn Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heath Ledger and Brittany Murphy... to think of what could have been :(

She wasn't my first choice of her, but I know what you mean; that would have been great. *gets tissue box and blows nose* :csad:

so so sad

:hq::joker:
"and will we ever, end up together? No, i think not. its never to become, for i am not the one.":waa:

whether you like her for the role or not, thats a sad video. both because of how well its cut together and because they are both deceased.

Oh I didn't even see the video posted. *watches it*

You're right, that's quite a downer of a video. Interesting version of that Nightmare Before Christmas song, too.

that was a big part of why that video was so sad. as good as the editing is on those clips, they would likely lose something without that song.

I certainly dont want 'Miss Obvious' in the role.

I would like the best actress for the role. I don't care whether that's 'Miss Obvious' or not.

What are the chances of Harley appearing in the third film?

Last edited:
1267453567935.jpg

:hehe:

If Harley were to appear in the third Batman film, they would certainly need to make her personality darker similar to what they did with the Joker. They could also make the character a bit smarter so that she doesn't come across as a ditzy idiot. I do like the character of Harley but if they portrayed her in the films as they do in the cartoons, TDK Joker would probably slit her throat within seconds of her opening her mouth.

^True. But yeah she needs the Bronxy accent still that is impossible to replace at this point.

^True. But yeah she needs the Bronxy accent still that is impossible to replace at this point.

I think the accent could be got rid of or at the very least toned down. The accent suits the character in the cartoon, however, it sounds overexaggerated IMO. I'm not sure how it would sound if someone spoke like that in real life. The accent appeared with Harley in the cartoon so I suppose it could be considered part of her character although it wouldn't bother me if the accent didn't make it into the films.

The accent is as much a part of the character as the look is, Harley's a rarity in the sense she started life as as an animated character, subsequent animated series and video games have continued the use of the accent, it's become synonyms with the character to the point now where really you couldn't have Harley on screen without the accent. In fact Harley's probably the only comic character I can think of that has both visual and audible characteristics.

The accent is as much a part of the character as the look is, Harley's a rarity in the sense she started life as as an animated character, subsequent animated series and video games have continued the use of the accent, it's become synonyms with the character to the point now where really you couldn't have Harley on screen without the accent. In fact Harley's probably the only comic character I can think of that has both visual and audible characteristics.

In the episode "Mad Love", Harley's voice changes from 1:35 onwards. Although she still has the accent, it is less exaggerated which I prefer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-u4m5rOqjU&feature=related That was a pretty smart plan Harley cooked up by herself so why is she often portrayed as an idiot?

Wolverine has always been portrayed as short in the games, comics and cartoons. However in the films, he is tall because Hugh Jackman is tall. They could drop the accent for the films without it affecting the character, however, if they do decide to go for an accent, so long as it's not the overexaggerated one, I wouldn't mind either way.

Last edited:
But what is more known about Harley other than her accent? That was one of the things I hated about Birds of Prey they could have at least gave her Harley's signature accent.

But what is more known about Harley other than her accent? That was one of the things I hated about Birds of Prey they could have at least gave her Harley's signature accent.

She dresses as a red and black harlequin jester
She's the Joker's sidekick and companion
She's blonde
She was the Joker's psychiatrist before she fell madly in love with him.

Of all the things I associate with Harley, the accent is not the first thing that springs to mind. That would be the costume.

She dresses as a red and black harlequin jester
She's the Joker's sidekick and companion
She's blonde
She was the Joker's psychiatrist before she fell madly in love with him.

Of all the things I associate with Harley, the accent is not the first thing that springs to mind. That would be the costume.
I was just about to post that. People are so mindful of the accent but i've never seen anyone object to the Harley manips that get posted from time to time. Ok this Joker is a different one, but Harley doesnt need to wear trash, have a cut smile, or be white trash to be like him. I would keep her costume and demeanor, just so that she can act like Robin to Joker's Batman. Or to be honest, with this Joker... I dont see how there can be a Harley. He'd kill her the second she had fulfilled her role and gotten him out of Arkham.

I was just about to post that. People are so mindful of the accent but i've never seen anyone object to the Harley manips that get posted from time to time. Ok this Joker is a different one, but Harley doesnt need to wear trash, have a cut smile, or be white trash to be like him. I would keep her costume and demeanor, just so that she can act like Robin to Joker's Batman. Or to be honest, with this Joker... I dont see how there can be a Harley. He'd kill her the second she had fulfilled her role and gotten him out of Arkham.

I think Harley could exist in the Nolanverse but not if she is portrayed as she is in the cartoon. I imagine Nolanverse Harley to be darker and more intelligent than the cartoon version. More devious and manipulative too. In the episode "Mad Love" she lured Batman in to a trap and it was all her own doing, which shows she's not just a ditzy bimbo.

I imagine Harley to be part of a group that is inspired by and idolises the Joker. They dress up to a clown theme as a tribute to their "hero". (The Jokerz) They then break the Joker out of Arkham. I think it was one of jmc's Harley manips where he had the tagline "I'm not obsessed. I'm what you'd call a hardcore fan". I think that tagline suits Harley perfectly.

I think Joker might keep Harley alive out of curiosity. She's a brand new toy for him to play with.

scarlett_johansson.jpg

and Scarlett Johansson?, she is a very perfect Harley Quinn and Black Widow

Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member