The Official Hype Fitness Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im trying to decide what new program I will start tomorrow.
I narrowed it down to:
1) Working class fitness program
2) one of Defranco's programs for guys like me in their 30s
3) Ross Enamait's Infinite Intensity

Im looking for a little more muscular development in this run, so I may go with the Defrancos. It is a hybrid program of the famous Westside for skinny batsards.

I got the Working class fitness program and have yet to use it, though.

I seriously pulled a calf muscle during my routine and it is woeful. Anybody got an ice pack? :csad:

Ok so Iv'e started a new routine thanks to advice on this forum and reading Body for life, and taking some of that. Been training 4 days a week, different muscle groups every day. With the 4th day being just push ups and cruches with one 20 minute cardio session to top the week off. Iv'e been eating more protien than normal ( about 25g extra in a workout day ) and Iv'e cut things like coke and chocolate completely out of my diet.

After 4 weeks I feel great, I had already been running for 3 months before I started using weights so my stamina is looking good. And in this 4 weeks of weights Iv'e gained 3 lbs!

Everything except your 4th workout day sounds awesome. A day dedicated to pushups and crunches sounds like a waste. Try doing a set of 10 pushups before your chest workout and a set to failure at the very end instead. As for your abs, it'd make more sense to do 2-3 diff exercises to hit the diff sections of the abs: obliques, upper and lower.

Good luck chief, do work!

Ok so Iv'e started a new routine thanks to advice on this forum and reading Body for life, and taking some of that. Been training 4 days a week, different muscle groups every day. With the 4th day being just push ups and cruches with one 20 minute cardio session to top the week off. Iv'e been eating more protien than normal ( about 25g extra in a workout day ) and Iv'e cut things like coke and chocolate completely out of my diet.

After 4 weeks I feel great, I had already been running for 3 months before I started using weights so my stamina is looking good. And in this 4 weeks of weights Iv'e gained 3 lbs!

So youre not doing Body for Life then, just using some of the concepts?

Yeah just using some of it, seems to be working so far though? I'll work on that 4th day spoons thanks.

Just got back from my first boxing lesson. Best workout I've ever had. I can't even lift my arms.

Curse working out constantly!

I'm HUNGRY ALL THE TIME >_<

Ugh. I'm off to do something I hate: I'm going to the gym between the hours of 4pm and 6pm, when the gym is the most crowded. But I'm not about to skip a day and combine Tuesday's back workout with Wednesday's shoulder workout. Again. I don't have the stamina for another 3.5-4 hour workout because I was too lazy to make it out the house today.

Why is this song so perfect for deadlifting:

Fantastic back workout just now. Work: done :up:

Just got back from my first boxing lesson. Best workout I've ever had. I can't even lift my arms.

come shovel asphalt for 14 hours..... put any workout to shame....

I don't even work out that much anymore... working 4 days a week doing paving is hard then any workout routine.... I was in good shape going into this season.... my hole body how is just massive... specially my arms, shoulders, and back....

I ussualy do alot of chest exercises to keep my chest up, since it's theleast used muscle out there....

On both of my long runs the last two days, I got hit with massive pain in the pit of my stomach, something I haven't felt since I was about 50lbs heavier. This hasn't happened since I got into the 140lbs. Very irritating.....

weighed myself today.... 245lbs... I'm just under 6'-4"....

and for the record, my pants size are 32" waste x 36" length...

To get as huge as possible w/ or w/o drugs

good luck man... at my peak, about two years ago, i was 270 built... but, it was hard to keep the fat off persay... I wasn't ever fat, or chunky, but with the constant eating due to hard workouts, then working a full-time job, it was nearly impossible to drop much of the extra wieght I wanted too...

Im still big, but more cut.... and I feel better too.... clothes fit better... no more dress shirts fitting akward... when you have a 19" neck, the shirts are made wide, because they think your fat... you have to get them taylored, which isn't cheap

What's everyone's short term goals with fitness/exercise/lifting?

I just designed a program that I will begin on Oct 26. It is based around the "westside for skinny bastards" program made famous by Joe Defranco.

These are my goals during this program.
Goals will be:
1) Increase in muscular development/strength (i.e.-get stronger at some of the main lifts) I will list some of those specific goals on the exercises once the primer is complete
2) Improve body composition (i.e.-drop some fat and add some muscle=good body fat %, ultimate goal is 6-8%)
3) Not go crazy/get bored and switch things up like usual after a short period (2-4 weeks)
4) Increase explosive power (see offshoot goal #1)-explosiveness = strength x quickness

offshoot goals which will also be tracked:
1) increase vertical jump and get quicker first step/sprint speed
2) rotational core strength

Goals will NOT be:
1) Anything regarding muscular endurance/distance running. This program will be designed around muscle strength and power. I do NOT care if Im not able to run a mile or crank out 50 pushups at the end of this. Im being a bit sarcastic here, but the point remains. Im not going to be doing any marathons or anything like that.

I want to buy a smaller belt. I'm already on belt #3.

What's everyone's short term goals with fitness/exercise/lifting?

To finish the Chicago Marathon Sunday. It was a long term goal, but since it's Sunday I guess it's become short term. All the training is done, now just basically waiting for race day. After that, been thinking about starting working on getting into shape for triathlon training, running, no problem, biking won't be much of a problem either, swimming is what I'll really need to work on, haven't done that in a year.

To finish the Chicago Marathon Sunday. It was a long term goal, but since it's Sunday I guess it's become short term. All the training is done, now just basically waiting for race day. After that, been thinking about starting working on getting into shape for triathlon training, running, no problem, biking won't be much of a problem either, swimming is what I'll really need to work on, haven't done that in a year.
good luck on sunday :D

Is it possible to put on about 40 or 50 pounds of good healthy weight before next summer?

So apparently I'm allergic to the metal handles on the one machine I use the most of at the gym. A part of my arms have broken out, and I know it's from contact. Now I have to wrap up my arms like a mummy when I use it.
On a good note, I'm down 5 lbs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back