Iron Man 3 The Official IM3 Trailer Thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of this added stress on Tony must mean he'll turn to more alcohol right? My dream of a "Demon in a Bottle" may not happen, but I would love to see casual moviegoers' uncomfortableness of seeing a superhero drinking so heavily.

bad place yeah! I dream of an outright "Demon in a Bottle" movie too, that would be awesome. What they tried to implement in IM2 was just silly.

I think the darker tone, the fall of the hero so completely and the shot of Pepper holding the damaged Iron Man mask remind people of some of the points of TDKR.

It's sad to see anything remotely "dark" in the Marvel universe be immediately compared to Nolan's Batman. Really, it's only good strategy that a seemingly light-hearted story would counter with a few more somber angles.

I think Shane Black and Downey already said that Tony isn't falling off the wagon in this one.

It's sad to see anything remotely "dark" in the Marvel universe be immediately compared to Nolan's Batman. Really, it's only good strategy that a seemingly light-hearted story would counter with a few more somber angles.

I agree, but I guess it's inevitable..

First thing I thought of was when RDJ was talking about the drastic change in character he wanted to bring to Stark in this movie. Through three movie appearances he has gone through so much and it's about to boil over and come to a head, both emotionally and phyiscally. In one trailer I kind of got a sense of all of that.

That trailer was beyond awesome. Very, very devastating but in an awesome way - if that makes sense? Like you hate to see him kicked down, but love how big and personal of a threat this is.

I loved the trailer . I love how they making it darker and more personal in Tonys life. Can someone help with the extremeis concept I read the comics when they came out along time ago . I just need a lol recap . Cause I know he can control the suit .. p.s. sorry if I spelled it wrong .

What a fantastic trailer. Although I still don't like the beige on the new armor, I really love the fact that they're trying to address Tony's personal life in such a way that should've been done in IM2. Even The Mandarin's brief appearance looks good. I hope Shane Black is going to finish the trilogy on a triumph, and by the looks of it, we just might get this wish.

I think Shane Black and Downey already said that Tony isn't falling off the wagon in this one.

Correct, from what RDJ said at CC, that Tony already has a plug in the jug when the film starts. From the trailer, it seems like New York really effected him, and worries about Pepper, which may have caused him to quit drinking.

I agree, but I guess it's inevitable..

First thing I thought of was when RDJ was talking about the drastic change in character he wanted to bring to Stark in this movie. Through three movie appearances he has gone through so much and it's about to boil over and come to a head, both emotionally and phyiscally. In one trailer I kind of got a sense of all of that.

Yea I think they showed of the mental toll it's had on him, he's been able to largely laugh everything off until this point. It's finally catching up with him.

There is no way it'll be devoid of humor, but I think they wanted to set the tone with what Tony will be going through in this first trailer.

This is a really good trailer. All thoughts of potential Iron Man fatigue are out the window. I'm confident this is going to be a bad place of a lot better than Iron Man 2.

I think it is more an existential dread that what happened in The Avengers is only the beginning. He shrugged off having any rivals or threats in IM2 until Mickey Rourke showed up, but even then, he still defeated him relatively easily. But in The Avengers he sees beings more powerful than he is (Hulk, Thor, Loki) as well as a huge alien army try to take out Manhattan....off HIS skyscraper.

And as the end of the Avengers not-so-subtly eludes to, more is coming. The Avengers kicking alien arse was a warning signal to be heard throughout the cosmos. What that also tells Tony is that there are forces out there beyond his ability and they are only going to come more frequently for him and those close to him I would guess it takes some of the wind out of his stride when he realizes he is not the only big kid on the block and that he is a target for most of the others as well.

And if Mandarin is truly magical, it's only going to get worse for Tony.

This is a really good trailer. All thoughts of potential Iron Man fatigue are out the window. I'm confident this is going to be a bad place of a lot better than Iron Man 2.

Agreed. Marvel Studios had me worried after Iron Man 2, but Iron Man 3 appears miles superior. I was indifferent to IM2's trailers, so, naturally, I feel this film will be significantly better.

The constant comparisons to Nolan's Batman is becoming tiresome. As influential as TDK is, he didn't make the first serious mainstream superhero movie---Sam Raimi and Bryan Singer did. Spider-Man 2 set the bar for all future Marvel Studios movies, along with Nolan's Batman.

I think that Iron Man is the next Indiana Jones. A great movie, followed up by one with mixed opinions, and bookended by a return to form--perhaps the best of the series (depending on who you talk to). Iron Man 2 is essentially Temple of Doom. Anybody who says either movie is bad frankly has a lack of taste. Jonah Hex and Jack & Jill are bad movies. Movies like Iron Man 2, ToD, Batman Returns, Quantum of Solace/Tommorow Never Dies, French Connection 2, etc. are well made movies that just pale in comparison to the original. In regards to a plot, IM2 wasn't anything remarkable but I still think it's one of the best written SH movies in regards to dialouge. Not to mention one of the funniest superhero movies written. Can somebody name me scenes in any hero movie that match those with RDJ/Sam Rockwell/Garry Shandling. I've said this before here but take off the Nolan Goggles and have fun with the movie for what it is---glossy robot on robot action, witty dialouge, beautiful sets, comedy, hot chicks etc. Actually, I might compare the movie to Thunderball (with scuba on scuba action instead of robots) and Temple of Doom.

Just finished watching this trailer.

I'm not going to repeat the sentiments about what others have said they loved about the trailer, since I pretty much agree with all of them, so I'm just going to say...

Holy s**t. :wow:

Yep, this is definitely on my "Must See in 2013" movie list.

One thing I noticed is how scary the Iron Man armor looks in some shots. I never thought of it as being scary in the previous films, but there were some shots of it that kind of freaked me out, particularly:

-When it wakes up Pepper. No lie, that shot freaked the bad place out of me the first time it came up. It's like something out of a horror film. Not surprising consider how Tony says he's been having "nightmares".

-When it emerges from a dust cloud. It looks so ominous. If I saw that I'd probably stand frozen from fear or run away scared.

-When it has Tony pinned down on the ground like a predator about to catch it's prey. It's like Tony's worst nightmare come to life.

Just finished watching this trailer.

I'm not going to repeat the sentiments about what others have said they loved about the trailer, since I pretty much agree with all of them, so I'm just going to say...

Holy s**t. :wow:

Yep, this is definitely on my "Must See in 2013" movie list.

One thing I noticed is how scary the Iron Man armor looks in some shots. I never thought of it as being scary in the previous films, but there were some shots of it that kind of freaked me out, particularly:

-When it wakes up Pepper. No lie, that shot freaked the bad place out of me the first time it came up. It's like something out of a horror film. Not surprising consider how Tony says he's been having "nightmares".

-When it emerges from a dust cloud. It looks so ominous. If I saw that I'd probably stand frozen from fear or run away scared.

-When it has Tony pinned down on the ground like a predator about to catch it's prey. It's like Tony's worst nightmare come to life.

I agree with them shots the armor looks scary in them shots

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I was like NO PEPPER!

There's a shot in the trailer, could be that "emerging from a dust cloud" TheWiseGuy said, where all you can see are the chestpiece and the eyes. I remember one from the first Iron Man movie, that didn't make the cut. It was in the very first Comic-Con footage.
That shot from the trailer looks great.

There's a shot in the trailer, could be that "emerging from a dust cloud" TheWiseGuy said, where all you can see are the chestpiece and the eyes. I remember one from the first Iron Man movie, that didn't make the cut. It was in the very first Comic-Con footage.
That shot from the trailer looks great.

I remember that shot! And, yeah, I'm kind of disappointed it didn't make the cut.

And that new trailer shot did remind me of that shot from the Comic-Con footage for the first film.

Not sure why people are doubting that it's Mandarin's voice. I think it's a perfect accent for the character. The voice makes him sound intelligent,a bit arrogant, and calm but menacing. Almost like some long winded university professor. I think the character is better where they are going than making him George Takei with a fu manchu, robe, and rings. I think they are playing him off as an affluent, educated, and anti-American/European Westerner that adopted a foreign culture. Perhaps slightly basing him on an older Adam Yahiye Gadahn, high ranking American al-Qaeda member.

The constant comparisons to Nolan's Batman is becoming tiresome. As influential as TDK is, he didn't make the first serious mainstream superhero movie---Sam Raimi and Bryan Singer did. Spider-Man 2 set the bar for all future Marvel Studios movies, along with Nolan's Batman.

It's gonna happen. Nolan's franchise was that influential whether you want to admit or not. It doesn't matter if Donner, Raimi and Singer set the stage, Nolan added to it. Anything that is wrapped in darkness, dread, emotion, etc is referred to The Dark Knight Trilogy. Is it fair? No, but is it any different than when a portion of fans claimed that Nolan and WB were taking a page out of Whedon's and Marvel Studios' playbook simply because there was humor present in the TV spots? It's all trivial.

Well, both Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark are similar characters, in many ways. That's just how they were created. So a few comparisons were going to happen someday. There's only a few 'images' that have some resemblance with the Nolan trilogy. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"