Days of Future Past The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only Cumming was involved!

O-kay ... anyway.

I'm so so so excited to see how the First Class people like James will be under Bryan Singer's direction. It's going to feel different...which isn't a bad thing. It's set 10 years later anyway so...it would make sense that the characters don't have that 60s vibe to them anymore...

O-kay ... anyway.

I'm so so so excited to see how the First Class people like James will be under Bryan Singer's direction. It's going to feel different...which isn't a bad thing. It's set 10 years later anyway so...it would make sense that the characters don't have that 60s vibe to them anymore...

But just how different? Bryan was a producer on First Class and was also a producer on Days of Future Past before he decided to switch places with Vaughn on this one. I wonder how much difference that change in power balance between the two will make DoFP to First Class since both are still on board in some capacity.

Well I mean...probably a little different somewhat. I don't want them to seem like brand new characters or anything...just the next phase in their lives being directed by the guy who directed their older selves...

I will expect there will still a be a noticeable difference, especially with a ten year gap. I'm just not sure the style of the movie will be a world away from First Class.

There will likely be some elements of the original trilogy, especially with the scenes with the future versions of the characters, but I think we'll still see a lot of the style of FC with Fassbender, McAvoy and co. since both Vaughn and Singer were involved in that movie, just in different positions.

many things will be different, without doubt.

Not only because Bryan is directing, thats maybe the least reason, but because the 11 years jump, since that would lead to:

- James and co. playing older versions of the FC characters, so they should look older, and they should be a bit different that on the previous movie.
- The 70's set would make the human like characters to look different too, along with the outside scenes.
- The school would be a bit different too. Its highly likely the manssion will look different than previous movies too, at least inside.
- The events and scenes of the movie will be totally different and new compared to FC, so the characters will be on a different place, emotionally and will be more mature too, along with possible new conflicts and dramatic stuff.

So all of this more a few new things, will create a new take on the FC universe. 11 years difference, 11 years older characters, and new events and type of scenes and situations for the characters. And Bryan's personal filmaking style.

Last edited:
O-kay ... anyway.

Well the change of filming location is already a sign that this film will look different to First Class.

Am I sensing subtle undercurrents of hate for First Class these days online? I remember when it was released it was praised as the best thing since X2.

Am I sensing subtle undercurrents of hate for First Class these days online? I remember when it was released it was praised as the best thing since X2.

I wasn't around back then, but I assure you that those people are delusional.:o

Nowhere in particular. Hopefully it's just my imagination...because I loved that movie.

The praise and criticisms have pretty much been the same since it's release.

Not really, but people do tend to get more critical on here when they are bored and waiting for a news update. Also, as time passes and people become disconnected from a film (often relying on hazy memories), they often nitpick a bit more. Regular viewing of the X-films is recommended as a reminder!

First Class is still pretty well regarded, as far as I can tell.

Good to hear :) Hopefully the consensus on Last Stand is still lukewarm to say the least though.

I'm just excited to see the blending of the FC characters with Bryan Singer's direction. James McAvoy comes to mind first for some reason. I can't wait to see where Xavier is in this film.

Rest assured I've never been a fan of that movie :p:csad:

Not really, but people do tend to get more critical on here when they are bored and waiting for a news update. Also, as time passes and people become disconnected from a film (often relying on hazy memories), they often nitpick a bit more. Regular viewing of the X-films is recommended as a reminder!

I watch X-Men, X2, and First Class on a regular basis. :oldrazz:

But I think more people now think x2 is still the best X-Men film. I remember when First Class was just released, a lot of people are saying how it is so much better than X2.

But I think more people now think x2 is still the best X-Men film. I remember when First Class was just released, a lot of people are saying how it is so much better than X2.

Yeah not sure if I'd say that even though it is great. Even though Wolverine isn't necessary for a good X-Men movie I feel the definitive X-men film can't NOT have Wolvy :)

Just saw Trance. I've read some mixed responses to the film and my own impression is kinda mixed as well. James and the other two main leads were fine (Rosario Dawson particularly - I have a whole new level of respect for her), there was some great striking imagery like there always is in Boyle's films, but in the end it all felt rather overcooked and kinda empty and the movie just got tangled up in its own cleverness too much. Also, because of the constant twists and reveals it felt like James' character was never really realised and just was whatever the script demanded him to be in this moment or that.

Probably because James' character was royally messed up in this one, I wondered what exactly it will mean for Charles to be in a "darker place" in DoFP (well most likely not doing things James did in Trance heh). Maybe they'd actually go with that idea mentioned in an interview with James from a while ago where he said that maybe Charles gets addicted to Cerebro. Which would make sense because Cerebro would have been such a tempting way to be free of his broken body, in a sense.

my favorite characters when i was a kid were cyclops,iceman and beast and in many ways still are but i never really appreciated Xavier and magneto till i see first class, it made these characters that become one dimensional in X3 seem more interesting and likable

i still think patrick and ian are good in the parts though, seems like all the actors playing xavier and magneto are great actors

i never really appreciated Xavier and magneto till i see first class, it made these characters that become one dimensional in X3 seem more interesting and likable

i still think patrick and ian are good in the parts though, seems like all the actors playing xavier and magneto are great actors

Agreed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back