Days of Future Past The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not? I personally thought X2 and First Class did this exceptionally well.

X2 mostly focused on Wolverine and characters like Rogue barely did anything, besides taking Pyro's powers and putting out his flames. And once again Cyclops was put on the sidelines. First Class had the villains lame, like Azazel and Riptide who barely spoke at all. X3 was just the worst out of the bunch. Even Angel just felt bland and disposable. That goes for both Angels, by the way.

Last edited:
Actually, X2 balances the characters pretty well, including Rogue.

Rogue may not have got great powers or fight moments, but her character was definitely a big part of the films.

Exactly.

The only character shortchanged in X2 was Cyclops.

its a shame the scene of cyclops origin wasn't ever shot for that film, one apparently of cyclops in the school bathroom

they still managed to give cyclops a big moment at the end to use his powers and i think thats why many are forgiving of that film =)

its a shame the scene of cyclops origin wasn't ever shot for that film, one apparently of cyclops in the school bathroom

they still managed to give cyclops a big moment at the end to use his powers and i think thats why many are forgiving of that film =)

Was that for X2? I always assumed it was for X1.

I still think his fight with Jean could have been a little better, but alas.

Was that for X2? I always assumed it was for X1.

I still think his fight with Jean could have been a little better, but alas.

well on IMDB its on the X2 page

The set from the bathroom scene where Mystique incapacitates the prison guard and injects him with a foreign substance is actually an unused set from X-Men. The scene in question (written and storyboarded, but not shot) involved Cyclops manifesting his powers as a teenager, destroying a high school bathroom.

I still find it amusing that they end up using all these sets for other scenes.

Scott's high school bathroom = Mystique & Laurio's "funtime" stall
X2 Mansion interior set = I Robot Mansion demolished set

well on IMDB its on the X2 page

That's what I mean. An unused set from the first film reused in X2 for Mystique.

I still find it amusing that they end up using all these sets for other scenes.

Scott's high school bathroom = Mystique & Laurio's "funtime" stall
X2 Mansion interior set = I Robot Mansion demolished set

I always found the bathroom stall one quite weird. I mean, they built it for the first, never used it, but just kept the set intact?

I always found the bathroom stall one quite weird. I mean, they built it for the first, never used it, but just kept the set intact?

And shipped it across the country from Toronto to Vancouver :p

With the new "X-Men" movie, is there more pressure to more align those styles since Patrick Stewart will be in the movie?
No. Not yet. I think that may come. I mean, who knows? Who knows where it's going to go? That may come in the third movie but definitely not in this movie. We're not in the same place that we were in the first movie with Charles -- a very different place from there. But we're also still on a very different place from where Patrick was in the other movies.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...ance_n_2989872.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003

There was some plans to shoot the Cyclops and Storm Origin scenes and Include them on X-Men 1.5 DVD before production started on X2.The bathroom set used for Mystique and Laurio was going to be used for Cyclops origin before those plans were scrapped.

As for Xavier In DOFP In 1973 portion of film James has hinted at Xavier In Dark Place.This Interview might hint at It not being Xavier having mind switch as time travel Is he's not aligning his style closer to Patrick Stewart.

We're not in the same place that we were in the first movie with Charles -- a very different place from there. But we're also still on a very different place from where Patrick was in the other movies.

I like the sound of that!

With the new "X-Men" movie, is there more pressure to more align those styles since Patrick Stewart will be in the movie?
No. Not yet. I think that may come. I mean, who knows? Who knows where it's going to go? That may come in the third movie but definitely not in this movie. We're not in the same place that we were in the first movie with Charles -- a very different place from there. But we're also still on a very different place from where Patrick was in the other movies.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/...ance_n_2989872.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003
Well, for starters, he's not dead :o

Gonna try and see it tomorrow!

EW gave his new movie a bad review.In latest Issue I got In mail today I saw It has a D
review.Of course that's depending If you care how critics grade movies.

God, that was the first film I saw him in and was smitten with that creature for weeks. :wow:

Didn't get to see Trance today. :(

My first McAvoy too.

It was an...interesting moment. I only watched Narnia because it was the first time my niece and nephew went to the cinema and I wanted to be present and see their little faces looking at the big screen for the first time and all that. But when Mr. Tumnus made his entrance, it was me who made a face. I turned to my mother and my mother turned to me at the same time and we were both "I like him!"

The rest is history. :woot:

I just remember thinking "am I supposed to be attracted to the Faun?!?" :wow:

Narnia was the first time I've seen James as well. Can't say I was attracted to Mr Tumnus but I definitely thought that the guy playing him had the most remarkable eyes :cwink:

From twitter:

Saw James McAvoy as #Macbeth today in London. Bloody brilliant and brilliantly bloody. Ian McKellen sat right in front of us enjoyed it too.
McKellen is already checking the competition. The Macbeth-offs begin! :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"