Days of Future Past The Official James McAvoy/Professor Xavier Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought about that possibility too.

personally Id preffer another scenario, not that his old version to be involved with the hair. feels weird, and more important, now that I think about, this would mean DOFP already happened then, since we saw Xavier without hair since X1, so.... no, its unlikely, lol

Bryan Singer did go to James Cameron for advice on time travel.Let's remember the first terminator had time travel help create the future the machines In using time travel ensured the future happened the way It was suspose to.Even so Xavier has to stop losing hair In 1970's anyway.

In my opinion, they shouldn't make a big deal about James McAvoy going bald or losing his hair because of stress or whatever he's dealing with.

Losing hair happens to a lot of people (unless Professor X got sick but he was perfectly fine in the original trilogy), its the same thing with having white hair as you age. Its not the same thing as losing his ability to walk.

Next you're off to film X-Men: Days Of Future Past. Is there a different vibe now that Jennifer Lawrence and Michael Fassbender are massive stars?
Nick Hoult as well, he's struck big in America in Warm Bodies. Yeah, I've been speaking to Nick, I've been speaking to Michael. We're really keen on the script. I haven't spoken to Jennifer in ages actually - that's because she is the busiest woman in Hollywood. Then we've got Sir Patrick [Stewart], we've got Sir Ian [McKellan], we've got Halle Berry, we've got Hugh Jackman, we've got all these guys coming back. So it's going to be massive and they've done a great job in weaving everybody's storylines together - and that's no mean feat, actually.

So you're going to go from the full beard to fully bald as Professor X.
Theoretically, you don't know! I can't tell you anything!

http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/entert...2/james-mcavoy-interview-trance-macbeth-x-men

Lol, only GQ would classify Fassbender as a "massive star"...they have to justify the covers they gave him last year, after all. He's nowhere near as massive as Jennifer is.

James is always so gracious...nice of him to bring Nick Hoult up.

Lol, only GQ would classify Fassbender as a "massive star"...they have to justify the covers they gave him last year, after all. He's nowhere near as massive as Jennifer is.

He's getting there. ;)

James has just been nominated for an Olivier Award, for Best Actor in Macbeth! :applaud :awesome: The play has been nominated too, as "Best Revival".

Norek said:
He's getting there.
But he's not there yet, so I don't know why they had to question James about it. And as for "getting there", Nick and James could be getting there as well. I only see "stardom", at this point, associated to Jen Lawrence.

Oh Loganbabe LOL

Besides the GQ that Fassy was on the cover of was the US GQ. This interview was for British GQ.

Oh Loganbabe LOL
What? :oldrazz: :woot:

I just don't know why they decided to question James on Fassbender being a "massive star", when he really isn't. And James kind of talked around the subject, lol, but still brought Hoult in. Very ingenious. :woot:

Some magazines like to spin things like that and some people have their own definition of a "massive star". If I met Michael Fassbender in real life and I would probably call him a massive star because maybe I got star struck or I haven't met a Hollywood movie star in person but if I compare them to other actors like Halle Berry and Hugh Jackman, I wouldn't call him a massive star just like Halle/Hugh.

What? :oldrazz: :woot:

I just don't know why they decided to question James on Fassbender being a "massive star", when he really isn't. And James kind of talked around the subject, lol, but still brought Hoult in. Very ingenious. :woot:

Just that if James was mentioned in that same grouping I highly doubt you would question it :oldrazz:

It's all good though. :woot:

I don't think that James is a massive star. He's a well respected actor, but very far from being hugely popular. I don't think he'll ever be massive, at this point - I can't see him leaving London and moving to LA and going to parties and hanging with George Clooney and Brad Pitt.

As for Fassbender, I don't know. He sure enjoys the hanging around part, and he may become massive depending on his film choices, but he's far from being there yet. It was a ridiculous exxageration on GQ's part, and a bit silly to ask James for his opinion about something that is not true.

He sure enjoys the hanging around part

Does he? I read gossip magazines every week and I can't say I ever see him in them with the rest of the Hollywood crowd at all. Plus isn't he based in London?

I agree that Fassbender is not a massive star. I don't know if he'll ever be one, either, at least not along the lines of Brad Pitt, Clooney etc.

Last edited:
Mrs Vimes said:
Does he? I read gossip magazines every week and I can't say I ever see him in them with the rest of the Hollywood crowd at all.
Yes he does. There have been photos of him hanging with Bradley Cooper, Josh Brolin, Mel Gibson, Sean Bean, going to the BAFTAS after-party and having his photo taken with Jen Lawrence and Harvey Weinstein...that kind of stuff.

The fact that they don't show in magazines just illustrates my point that he's not a "massive star", like GQ claims. But you can find plenty of photos online.

I really don't care what type of networking Fassbender does...of course going to certain places is good for any actor who wants to be noticed, so good for him. Obviously it's not only Fassbender who does it - but he is certainly doing it. It's not a demerit to him as an actor, just a fact.

Speaking of X-Men, what can fans expect from next year’s X-Men: Days of Future Past?

“I think it’s different because it’s melding two franchises, kind of the new blood and the old blood, which will be exciting in itself. I think that it does what X-Men movies always do really well, which is take a large amount of characters and it makes room for them all rather brilliantly. I think the other thing [fans] can expect is to be satisfied. I think some of the requests that fans have been making for years have been met. But also, there will be some surprises as well. I think they’re going to be nicely surprised by a couple of things.”

And although he can only tease that he will “possibly” share a scene with Patrick Stewart, who plays the older X, he can promise some groovy costumes. “It’s set in the 70′s. We’ll be wearing flares and sideburns and that will be well cool.”

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/03/29/james-mcavoy-x-men-wanted-2/2/

There was an interview, but I can't remember where, in which he did say he was looking forward to acting with Patrick Stewart, but wasn't quite sure he'd have anything with Ian McKellen.

Well, I will give him that, when the franchise operates at its best, it handles the large number of characters and story lines better than a lot of other franchises. Spider-Man 3 and Iron Man 2 added half the number of characters found in X2 and both suffered a noticeable drop in quality, in my opinion.

James is not a hard-core X-Men comic book fan or anything, and is not likely to feel upset that his favourite characters didn't get enough to do. He's probably talking very generally.

Takes a large amount of characters and makes room for them all rather "brilliantly"... Once again, James. Some serious Fox ballsucking on your part. You didn't have to say that s**t, man.

I wonder if he honestly thinks that...
Why not? I personally thought X2 and First Class did this exceptionally well.

People need to get The Last Stand out of their minds and go back and remember how the
balance was done In X2.

People need to get The Last Stand out of their minds and go back and remember how the
balance was done In X2.

How..? I mean...:( It's difficult to do that when there were some good things in the movie, which wasn't enough to redeem the movie. I wish i could erase all memory of the movie....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"