Sequels The Official Jason White Thread

No SR was filled with cheesy moments, from the supposed homage line of flying is still the safest way to travel, to lex Luthors performance all filled with cheese and squirm worthy moments.

I thought we were talking about Jason... :oldrazz:

"Singer has never been cheese." Does that look familair to you? You mentioned Singer and his.........cheese not me.:grin:

Singer has never been cheese. You have seen the man, haven't you?

Anyways. After that, I went on to talk about Jason. I don't see your examples as "cheese" in particular. The dog in the taxi scene? sure? That Superman line? Not really.

Singer has never been cheese. I think he handled the whole kid storyline very maturely (and honestly, it could've turned out as FF-like cheese, but it didn't, as Singer probably wanted to keep the right tone for his movie) ... And I don't expect him to bring any cheese to Jason in the sequel, at all. Some light-heartedness? Sure.

Agreed!

Hey in the comics in the 70's he would fly around the sun to clean himself and the suit off.

That would have been amazing. My first exposure to Superman was a coloring book where he did just hat.

superman cleaning hes suit with sun? sounds strange. but with epic music and good CGI it could look good.

^ you mean, give Clark/Supes amnesia? Have him wake up and completely not know who Jason is; Lois starts to chase him and he balks when she tries to get him to take care of "their" kid... That would be different.

Richard should take the sprog on a looooong vacation. That'll do it. Don't deny them, just keep them out of it. And THEN you can have the film about Superman and have Lois in there without all her baggage - this way Supes won't have to do all the stalker/spying business. Get a decent villain in there, where Supes can throw a punch and fight, bringing down buildings in the process.

No property development; no Zod; no hospitals. Something fun yet dramatic. I thought the cinematography was brilliant in Returns, I just didn't like the story. So keep the visual styling, but have a better story.

Break away from the Donnerisms; make it its own. Put an S on the cape. No kryptonite for a change - it's overused and is not needed if there is a powerful bad guy that isn't bald or wearing bondage gear.

man, i'll be honest. i'm a comic book fan and i love movies, but i hope to God that hollywood doesn't abuse the whole 'revamp' thing. it's dangerous because if you look at the state of Hollywood now, they're move onto different genres. and that would suck.

Lex should use a last crystal that he hid away in gertrudes Mansion, to corrupt Jason's mind and turn him evil. Kind of like how the Jor'el AI called to Superman, and educated him. But Lex will have figured out a way to make Jason bad via the crystal: Enter Superman IV, but with better action and writing

otherwise, I say Brainiac should arrive on earth, as a minion of Zod, set on forcing the heir of Jor'el to kneel before Zod (or the next best thing at Mount Rushmore). When Brainiac realizes he can't force Superman to submit: enter Lex Luthor, Jason kneels, Jason is murdered, Superman Rages, Superman vs. Brainiac.

Get a decent villain in there, where Supes can throw a punch and fight, bringing down buildings in the process.

No property development; no Zod; no hospitals. Something fun yet dramatic. I thought the cinematography was brilliant in Returns, I just didn't like the story. So keep the visual styling, but have a better story.

I'll never understand how people want all this property damgage, but don't want to see Superman being responsible for killing people.

Love the cinematography, new writers means new style of story. But I wish Harris or Dougherty would take a quick pass over the dialogue. I think they are great at it.

Lex should use a last crystal that he hid away in gertrudes Mansion, to corrupt Jason's mind and turn him evil. Kind of like how the Jor'el AI called to Superman, and educated him. But Lex will have figured out a way to make Jason bad via the crystal: Enter Superman IV, but with better action and writing

otherwise, I say Brainiac should arrive on earth, as a minion of Zod, set on forcing the heir of Jor'el to kneel before Zod (or the next best thing at Mount Rushmore). When Brainiac realizes he can't force Superman to submit: enter Lex Luthor, Jason kneels, Jason is murdered, Superman Rages, Superman vs. Brainiac.

This maybe the last Superman film for a while, I want Superman to have a happy ending. No evil Jason. Keep the kid at a non-focal point of the story. No Zod connections. No connections to past films. Brainiac stands on his own.

I'll never understand how people want all this property damgage, but don't want to see Superman being responsible for killing people.

Love the cinematography, new writers means new style of story. But I wish Harris or Dougherty would take a quick pass over the dialogue. I think they are great at it.

This maybe the last Superman film for a while, I want Superman to have a happy ending. No evil Jason. Keep the kid at a non-focal point of the story. No Zod connections. No connections to past films. Brainiac stands on his own.
its not liike superman is the one who wants in the city. its the villain. and the villain will make sure tha tthe fight will end where it started. in metropolis.
its pretty simple.

I was just really using it as a figure of speech - I don't literally want to see buildings crumbling to the ground. And don't forget, Superman wouldn't do anything like that intentionally; he'd obviously be getting whipped by some hard arse - similar to Superman II.

its not liike superman is the one who wants in the city. its the villain. and the villain will make sure tha tthe fight will end where it started. in metropolis.
its pretty simple.

I was just really using it as a figure of speech - I don't literally want to see buildings crumbling to the ground. And don't forget, Superman wouldn't do anything like that intentionally; he'd obviously be getting whipped by some hard arse - similar to Superman II.

I understand, but after so many arguments about the henchmen on NK, I couldn't find a logical way for Supes to save them but it didn't matter to some people.

Now fighting in Metropolis is something else. Superman should at least try to move the fight away from Metropolis to save people's lives.

Also, I'm just sort of tired of street battles as the final battle, Especially after TIH this week. I want to see Superman fighting Brainiac at the edge of space on the hull of Brainiac's ship!!!! Something different.

I understand, but after so many arguments about the henchmen on NK, I couldn't find a logical way for Supes to save them but it didn't matter to some people.

Now fighting in Metropolis is something else. Superman should at least try to move the fight away from Metropolis to save people's lives.

Also, I'm just sort of tired of street battles as the final battle, Especially after TIH this week. I want to see Superman fighting Brainiac at the edge of space on the hull of Brainiac's ship!!!! Something different.
QFT. For the next Superman movie, there must be things that we have never seen before.

I'm sorry, that just doesn't work. I'd rather see Jason as a side character; making him a villain and/or killing him is cliched and a failure of imagination, IMO.

I'm jumping in.

I think Singer should recast Lois Lane and perhaps others. I suggest Sienna Miller to replace Kate Bosworth as she's around the same age. However, Sienna Miller is an incredibly good actress. It's surprising that she took on G.I. Joe because I consider her A-class. Check out Interview directed by Steve Buscemi. She would make an excellent Lois Lane.

I say keep Routh because he wasn't given much to prove himself.

Kevin Spacey was okay, but he needs to mesh the nuances of Lex Luthor. I think he came off as overly condescending, which is difference from Gene Hackman's arrogance where sometimes he was made a fool. Spacey's Luthor had no sense of humor at all.

To be honest, I wanted a different director. I guess we'll see how Singer has matured as a director. He certainly has had a lot of time to mull things over.

QFT. For the next Superman movie, there must be things that we have never seen before.

that's a real challenge.

I'm sorry, that just doesn't work. I'd rather see Jason as a side character; making him a villain and/or killing him is cliched and a failure of imagination, IMO.
how about him as superman's sidekick just like robin to batman?

that's a real challenge.
Indeed, but one that must be taken up.

how about him as superman's sidekick just like robin to batman?
I can't see that happening in MoS. Given all the controversy among the fans over Jason and SR, MoS will probably be playing things relatively safer. He'll just be a side character, just like in SR (and perhaps with a little bit of character development).

I can see him going in that direction after MoS though, but the director who takes that on would have to be very brave, and have very thick skin.

Tough question. I was about to ask the same thing, then I saw this thread.

Perhaps the best solution is to jump ahead eight years and re-introduce Jason as a teenager. A series of brief flashbacks would show Lois breaking it off (gently) with "Cyclops" and falling back in love with our Man of Steel, including a series of rescues from villains such as Bizarro and Metallo that Superman could actually beat into the ground without killing. Parasite would make an interesting new threat to kick the movie off with, while revealing to the audience that Lex Luthor is still plotting against Superman. Superman defeats Parasite, while Lex watches via satellite in frustration.

We would see Jason attending Smallville High, with Ma Kent acting as his guardian while Lois is busy at the Planet and Clark/Superman doing what he does. Jason wants to show off his powers, but Ma gives him guidance and lets him know that its not the right time...not yet.

A new threat arrives on Earth...Brainiac. Long story short, Superman goes toe-to-toe with the alien and his army of technologically advanced robot army (the whole world - including Jason, watching from their TVs and Supes struggles to protect us). He puts up one hell of a fight, but eventually Brainiac manages to entrap the hero and continue to threaten the human race's existence. Jason looks Ma in the eyes and tells her "its time." before throwing on a Superman t-shirt along with his blue jeans and sneakers. "Superboy" flies to Metropolis to land a hand to his father in the ultimate battle to save the Earth.

I know my idea drifts a little from the source material, but given what we have so far, it works, imo, without having to kill the boy or act like he never happened. MOS is said to be a direct sequel so we might as well embrace that.

Well, that isn't too bad, but I'm not keen on Superboy just yet.

Given the controversy of his introduction, I think Singer and WB will want to keep Jason in a role similar to SR in the sequel. MoS has to get everything right and be as uncontroversial as possible in order to make big.

Just my two cents though. Like I said; not a bad idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"