• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Sequels The Official Kevin Spacey As Lex Luthor Thread

The Lex in Singer's film was my biggest problem with S.R.
I usually like Spacey's work, I just didnt care for his Lex

Do you think Lex's character needs to revamped or is fine the way he is?

I would say yes, current movie Lex sucks, movie Obadiah Stane is a better villain then he is. That's pretty sad. Seriously enough with the stupid real estate schemes.

Obadiah Stane didn't register much with me, sadly. He was pretty much a by-the-numbers villain. They kind of wasted Jeff Bridges's talents. But maybe that was your point.

I've said it countless times before. Singer's Lex should have stolen the crystals to create new technologies, not to create a non-usable land mass.
Lex could have then sold some of the tech off to the highest bidder, and created Lex-Corp with the proceeds. *ALL* while Superman was gone.

Imagine Superman returning after 5 years and seeing Lex loved by the public, and he himself forgotten for having been gone for so long.

Obadiah Stane didn't register much with me, sadly. He was pretty much a by-the-numbers villain. They kind of wasted Jeff Bridges's talents. But maybe that was your point.
I agree, I'd like a much stronger villain for the sequel.

Yes, a very good poll there. Lex-corp for me.

I didn't think he was all that intricate of a villian. Now The Joker, that is a villian.

I think Brainiac could be almost as good *IF* they write him correctly and cast the right sort of actor.

I've said it countless times before. Singer's Lex should have stolen the crystals to create new technologies, not to create a non-usable land mass.
Lex could have then sold some of the tech off to the highest bidder, and created Lex-Corp with the proceeds. *ALL* while Superman was gone.

Imagine Superman returning after 5 years and seeing Lex loved by the public, and he himself forgotten for having been gone for so long.
:up::up::up::up::up::up:. BINGO. Would have worked far much better than Lex just getting out of prison to con a frail old lady just in time when Supes returns after 5 years and blaming Superman for his incarceration on a crime he knows he committed.

Metropolis turning to this evil man because of this new power and technology he stole from Supes while Supes deal with his decisions to leave earth in the first place and dealing with a society moving on without him would have been so interesting. But......one could only dream.

:up::up::up::up::up::up:. BINGO. Would have worked far much better than Lex just getting out of prison to con a frail old lady just in time when Supes returns after 5 years and blaming Superman for his incarceration on a crime he knows he committed.

Metropolis turning to this evil man because of this new power and technology he stole from Supes while Supes deal with his decisions to leave earth in the first place and dealing with a society moving on without him would have been so interesting. But......one could only dream.
I know. what could have been.:csad:

Awesome idea. Plus, in the process we could have had LexCorp develop Metallo in the first movie and right there would have been someone for Superman to fight. So many missed opportunities in Singer's film. Such a shame. :csad:

Awesome idea. Plus, in the process we could have had LexCorp develop Metallo in the first movie and right there would have been someone for Superman to fight. So many missed opportunities in Singer's film. Such a shame. :csad:
Thanx.
A little something I cooked up for Metallo's origin.

Lex and his assistant/bodyguard, john corbin, in their first attempt at trying to crack the secrets of the crystals, create an accident in the lab. Lex escapes unharmed but John is not so lucky.

Since he (corbin) is so brilliant, Lex decides to save him, and creates for him a partial android body powered by a kryptonite heart. Metallo.

Thanx.
A little something I cooked up for Metallo's origin.

Lex and his assistant/bodyguard, john corbin, in their first attempt at trying to crack the secrets of the crystals, create an accident in the lab. Lex escapes unharmed but John is not so lucky.

Since he (corbin) is so brilliant, Lex decides to save him, and creates for him a partial android body powered by a kryptonite heart. Metallo.
And with that idea or something similar we would probably all be a buzz about the filming of its sequel set for next year's release and the Superman boards would be alive instead of a ghosttown. Superman facing a vengeful Lex and Brainiac in the next installment following your version of SR.

TDK and its ongoing 400 million boxoffice smash and an exciting SR sequel set for 2009......oh sigh....

Singer prolly thought the love for the Donner films would carry over to his take, who knows though.

I will never understand how Singer could make a Superman film and not include a supervillain. We got that already with S:TM, S.R. needed one, bad.

Denzel Washington would be the perfect Lex Luthor! he would play him as such a bad ass,ruthless,sob!!

Will you cut it out with the Denzel Washington stuff, or you can have some time off. You're spamming. I already warned you about this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"