• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Sequels The Official Kevin Spacey As Lex Luthor Thread

Heh. Somebody got a man crush on ole' Denzel huh.

Anywho, I'd rather see Bruce Willis as Lex in a reboot.

Heh. Somebody got a man crush on ole' Denzel huh.

Anywho, I'd rather see Bruce Willis as Lex in a reboot.

you don't think D.W. would own that role?

dude,bruce willis looks like routh's grandfather,lol!

News Flash. *IF* its a reboot, I seriously doubt Routh would be in it.

Singer prolly thought the love for the Donner films would carry over to his take, who knows though.

I will never understand how Singer could make a Superman film and not include a supervillain. We got that already with S:TM, S.R. needed one, bad.
I will never understand that. You could never ever do what Donner did in 78 again in 2006. STM is a classic in its own right and a great movie for its time but trying to appeal Superman to a new generation of masses as well as reconnect him with older fans with Lex Luther and another land scheme aint gonna cut it.

Thanks to Batman44 for pointing this out in the MOS thread.

“Doing Lex Luthor was a remarkable experience. It was so much fun and such an iconic part,” he said. “Falling on the steps of Gene Hackman was a very, very big pair of shoes to fill, but I hope I get a chance to do a second one if they pull it off.”

The problem remains the script, which Spacey elaborated, “[Warner Bros. are] taking pitches, and I don’t know when they’re gonna find one that they really like, whether it’s gonna happen next year or the year after, but I know that their intention is to do it.” The wait could be a much longer one than Spacey anticipates, since Thompson also pointed out that there are currently no writers working on a “Superman” script.

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2008/08/1...e-water-either-way-kevin-spacey-stands-ready/

Spacey finally said something interesting.
So the points are

1) The studio wants to do it

2) They want the best script possible

3) It will not be a reboot, but probably a revamp (for example: Batman Forever).

IMO 2011 wouldn't be the right year for a sequel (5 years!), so I still expect an announcement soon.

Spacey finally said something interesting.
So the points are

1) The studio wants to do it

2) They want the best script possible

3) It will not be a reboot, but probably a revamp (for example: Batman Forever).

IMO 2011 wouldn't be the right year for a sequel (5 years!), so I still expect an announcement soon.

I'm glad to hear he is still interested. I can't imagine he would do the sequel if Singer didn't, so if Singer had already moved on, so might have Spacey.

Spacey is going to **** up Lex Luthor even more. More land seeking this time.

REBOOT.

^This is why people can't post on these boards for more than a day anymore. You just get frustrated with people who think they can fix everything by introducing their own heretic in a childish way. It's the eye-roll inducing part of the internet, but I suppose we all have to put up with it.

Anyway, I didn't have any problems with the way Spacey portrayed Lex. However, I would like to see more of the Lex that was seen in the 2nd half of the movie. Using his bare hands to physically pierce Superman's skin with a kryptonite shiv was viciously great. I'd love to see Lex mentally play with Superman the way Joker did to Batman in TDK.

Well, I hate Donner`s Luthor and only a blind person couldn`t not see that Spacey was totally mimicking Hackman even in his stupid wise-cracks, fooling around with stupid henchmen and a hooker. Lets not get into the land argument and the ABSURD and STUPID plot of destroying US to create a new continent. Jesus! Was that all they could come up with??? I just laugh at the blind love for SR. Not even a great actor like Spacey could save the stupid character.

Heath Ledger and Nolan taught people how to treat a classic villain.

^This is why people can't post on these boards for more than a day anymore. You just get frustrated with people who think they can fix everything by introducing their own heretic in a childish way. It's the eye-roll inducing part of the internet, but I suppose we all have to put up with it.

Anyway, I didn't have any problems with the way Spacey portrayed Lex. However, I would like to see more of the Lex that was seen in the 2nd half of the movie. Using his bare hands to physically pierce Superman's skin with a kryptonite shiv was viciously great. I'd love to see Lex mentally play with Superman the way Joker did to Batman in TDK.

Superman needs an enemy he can trade blows with, seeing Superman getting his butt kicked because of a plot device wasn't fun.

Was there any good reason why we couldn't have seen corporate Lex in SR? because this Lex isn't smart enough to create Metallo or Parsite.

Superman needs an enemy he can trade blows with, seeing Superman getting his butt kicked because of a plot device wasn't fun.

Was there any good reason why we couldn't have seen corporate Lex in SR? because this Lex isn't smart enough to create Metallo or Parsite.
I would never want to see the transformation of Hackman/Spacey Lex into a corporate mogul. Its not what he is. He is a too-bit scumbag conartist obsessed with Superman and that is what he is at heart. He is seen as a criminal and nothing more surrounding himself with other convicts and no one respectable. If their intention is to bless him with Vandercorp or whatever it is she has after his dispicable landgrabbing world destuctive plots ala STM and SR then it will be a problem beyond repair.

I would never want to see the transformation of Hackman/Spacey Lex into a corporate mogul. Its not what he is. He is a too-bit scumbag conartist obsessed with Superman and that is what he is at heart. He is seen as a criminal and nothing more surrounding himself with other convicts and no one respectable. If their intention is to bless him with Vandercorp or whatever it is she has after his dispicable landgrabbing world destuctive plots ala STM and SR then it will be a problem beyond repair.

One more reason for a reboot, movie Lex sucks.

Ight, is this better showtime? The only luthor thread i found was spaceys.

Anyways, my choice is DiCaprio.

LeonardoDiCaprio.jpg

Bruce Willis, Norton, Issacs.
Lots of choices that would suit Lex well. One things for sure though, its got to be a really big name.

What makes you so sure Luthor will be in this one?

You can't do a Superman movie without Luthor. He doesn't have to be the main villain but he needs to be in the film in some way. I don't know who should play him.

I'd imagine he would be. It's a reboot, they gotta show Luthor at some point. He's too important.

well, if it's a reboot, that means it will be ''THIS'' Superman's first outing, which logically says to me that Lex will be there as well.
That said, the writers and Director may have other things in mind.

Unfortunately you're probably right. You cant have a Superman without Luthor. So I guess Luthor will work together with say Brainiac or, God forbid, Zod. Superman II anyone?

Well, if they plan to include him I hope he's less of a clown and waaaay more menacing. Preferably like a superfit KingPin.

Kingpin.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheCat
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"