The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't see him as lex, I'd just see him as the guy from burn notice, a show where he doesn't show any stand out acting skill.

If you think that guy can't act or play a good bad guy then I highly recommend that you watch Changeling.

How about Jeffrey Donovan?

Changeling+New+York+Premiere+Outside+Arrivals+8mMWQkS8-j6l.jpg

I think he would make a great Lex. Has the look for it, and definitely knows how to play one cocky motherfu*ker and he pulled of a corrupted role very well in Changeling.

Credit to magicka's artwork on the "artwork challenge" for giving me this idea... can't believe I didn't think of it before.

I would love to see Donovan as Lex!:woot:

Last edited:
The way Lex was portrayed in Miller's Dark Knight Strikes Again was pretty cool

Maybe that the bald thing has been done to death. He either shaves it or loses it in just about every show and movie. I would like to see him with hair for once.
That's how the character looks... :huh: That's like saying Superman should have blonde hair because he's had black hair every other time.

LOL...uh no! Has anyone mentioned the Arnold Volsoo from the Mummy movies, G.I. Joe, or Blood Diamond to play Lex. I'm sure someone has, and I think he would be a great choice other than Luke Goss.

http://www.latinoreview.com/images/user/arnold+2-1.jpg
arnold+2-1.jpg

Also, Super-T mentioned that having a Lex with a buzz cut as opposed to completely bald might be a way to go. I can see that happening especially since they change things so much on film.

I always thought he looked like the lex from the animated series. My pic would be him or billy zane.

We need a big name for this character I think. Goss and Vosloo would leave me feeling like the movie is cheap...

PS... Clancy Brown. His voice alone is Lex perfection.

Jeffery Donovan would be an awesome Lex! If you haven"t watched Burn Notice before, he plays a spy who often has to to create new cover IDs. His character has played some really dark / evil and corrupt businessman like roles, and he does a great job at it.

215jdsolohue.jpg

michaelwesten.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Lex has to be played by a great actor... this guy isn't the guy.

Have you ever watched Burn Notice?

Donovan is a great actor, and has shown great range in his multiple roles on the show. He typically plays the "good guy" role, but he can also play dark/evil/corrupt really well.

Never seen that show, no. I'm just going off the assumption that this guy can go toe to toe with Gene Hackman and Kevin Spacey.

Jeffery Donovan would be an awesome Lex! If you haven"t watched Burn Notice before, he plays a spy who often has to to create new cover IDs. His character has played some really dark / evil and corrupt businessman like roles, and he does a great job at it.

215jdsolohue.jpg

michaelwesten.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm all for either Donovan or Craig as Lex.:woot:

Thats Dr. Fate right there.

Never seen that show, no. I'm just going off the assumption that this guy can go toe to toe with Gene Hackman and Kevin Spacey.

See this is one thing about these forums that I hate. How the hell can anyone judge an actor without seeing theme act? He's far from Gene Hackman and Kevin Spacey.

See this is one thing about these forums that I hate. How the hell can anyone judge an actor without seeing theme act? He's far from Gene Hackman and Kevin Spacey.

Acting aside I think you can expect a bigger name actor for the role of Luthor, just my guess.

Jeffery Donovan manip:

lexlz.jpg

as much as i think Jeffery looks good for the role judging from regular pix....i'm not diggin' this manip. sorry but the way his head is proportioned with his body, he looks like a kid there.

Last edited:
Yep, it just looks freaky. Not the best way to promote somebody.

Some pages back I remember seeing someone suggest Hugh Jackman for the role, I saw the movie The Fountain last night and was surprised that they had quite a few bald scenes for Jackman. I'm not sure I like the look or not, but just thought I'd post a few of the pictures for all to see and judge for the role.

photo_28_hires.jpg

hugh-jackman-bald.jpg

010.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member