• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

The Official Mass Effect Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Miranda too. I mean she is a perfect genetically engineered human, maybe she lives longer than the rest of them.

...I'm just looking for an excuse for Yvonne to be involved in the new games.

Are all of you guys like totally ignoring the very real possibility that it might not be a sequel?

I think the way for them to make the best game possible and dedicate all resources most efficiently would be to make a totally new game based in the distant future of the same universe and just keep easter egg references here & there to the past that aren't too committing.

I totally agree,I've wanted this since I first saw the original ME3 ending with a kid and an old man in some snow globe thing looking up at the stars,Set over a hundred years would be my preference(thousands would be even better)

I totally agree,I've wanted this since I first saw the original ME3 ending with a kid and an old man in some snow globe thing looking up at the stars,Set over a hundred years would be my preference(thousands would be even better)

Snow globe?

Are all of you guys like totally ignoring the very real possibility that it might not be a sequel?

Yes, because a prequel would piss me off. I don't want it to be set in the time of the war between humans and turians.. At all, I want to know what happened after the events of ME3..what the Galaxy looks like now.. Not before or during the events of ME1-3.

I'd be pissed at a prequel too,There's much potential to after the events of the trilogy than before,I don't even want to play as a human anymore nor fight against them and so I hope we can have an option to be one of different races,I'd love to be a Drell/Krogan/Salarian or Turian

Last edited:
I'd be pissed at a prequel too,There's much potential to after the events of the trilogy than before,I don't even want to play as a human anymore nor fight against them and so I hope we can have an option to be one of different races,I'd love to be a Drell/Krogan/Salarian or Turian
Yeah I definitely want to have the option of playing as a different race.

I'ma be a Heroic Elcor.

Appreciation. I want that option too. Fraternal affection. I also want to be an elcor.

Hopeful wistfulness. I hope the team behind mass effect are reading this

I hope we get to play as a volus, and have him be the descendant of the almighty Biotic God.

I hope we get to play as a volus, and have him be the descendant of the almighty Biotic God.
That guy was awesome. If any legacy should survive from this time period it's his.

Appreciation. I want that option too. Fraternal affection. I also want to be an elcor.

Hopeful wistfulness. I hope the team behind mass effect are reading this

Sincere admiration. That was very well done.

That guy was awesome. If any legacy should survive from this time period it's his.

If they set the new games far far in the future it could be that details about the Reaper war has been forgotten so people make up/confuse a lot of facts about it and, there could be some volus who believes that guy (biotic god) was responisible for stopping the reapers. :oldrazz:

Anyone hope that Bioware will seriously re-work the Paragon/Renegade system? I'm currently continuing my new ME2 playthrough, and I'm seriously pissed off, because I can't resolve the situation between Miranda and Jack peacefully. Even though I'm pretty much 90% Paragon. And the reason it doesn't work, is because apparently the game has another list in the background, separate from the Paragon/Renegade bar, that keeps a tally of all the choices I made in the game. So if you haven't chosen the Paragon option pretty much all the time, even if you have 100% Paragon, the option will be greyed out for you. Which is just bull****.

I hate the fact that the game pretty much forces you to be either purely good, or evil. Of course you can also choose to mix it up, so I for example choose to be 70% Paragon, and 30% Renegade. A good person with a bit of a mean streak. And I enjoy playing as this Shepard the most. But doing so, the game simply locks away a couple of dialogue options, because you didn't commit to either path. You can only be good, or evil. You actually want to play a character with layers, well, **** you.

I remember reading about that Miranda/Jack thing on the Bioware forums, I think it was something about you needing to make that confrontation happen as soon or as late as possible in the game. Can't remember the details though.

If they set the new games far far in the future it could be that details about the Reaper war has been forgotten so people make up/confuse a lot of facts about it and, there could be some volus who believes that guy (biotic god) was responisible for stopping the reapers. :oldrazz:
This needs to happen haha.

I remember reading about that Miranda/Jack thing on the Bioware forums, I think it was something about you needing to make that confrontation happen as soon or as late as possible in the game. Can't remember the details though.
Yes, if I remember correctly you need to do Miranda and Jack's loyalty missions back-to-back to be able to solve it peacefully.

Man, I don't even get the chance to make up with Miranda, and restore her loyalty, even though I reached 100% Paragon.

Hey, Jack went through a lot of **** on Cerberus's watch.

You do get a chance near the end of the game to say sorry to miranda and regain her loyalty, but you can't romance her now.

BTW, neogaf has some info on the a secret ME4 panel at PAX.
So long story short I saw that tweet from Mike Gamble a few weeks ago that said "...if you love Mass Effect and are going to PAX Prime email me..." And so I did and then I stumbled upon this forum of like-minded people and thought I'd make an account in case there was something shown to support IT; cause if you're like me waiting for something, anything, is painful enough. Needless to say I was one of the 21 people that got to give feedback on the concepts as they showed them and gave us tiny cryptic bits of information.

So I'll start by saying that they did show us a metric ****-ton of concept art with very brief explanations. I don't even know of a logical order to start in.

They started off with the profound question of what N7 means to us which you might read into it not being a previous cycle I guess.

Then this was followed by asking us whether we wanted a direct sequel, a prequel, or something somewhere completely different at a different time. The resounding majority wanted a sequel series, which I think they knew already. And this is based completely off of my opinion but by judging the concept art it has absolutely got to be a sequel.

First concepts were of two new races. The first one being described as "Arrogant". They were really skinny, almost skeletal. Their bodies vaguely looked like a boney Turian. They had glowing eyes and a neck that frilled up from their chest (once they show it off you'll see how hard it is to describe. Their heads almost remind me of the aliens from Independence Day. The second new race was described as "Ancient, Advanced, and Guardian". They had a similar color scheme to reapers and they looked like classic fantasy/sci-fi golems. Sleek rocky or metallic bodies with bright glowing lines flowing all over them. Some had fragmented pieces and shattered bits floating in place around them.

So I'm thinking sequel because new races are kind of hard to explain in a prequel especially when it does take place in the current cycle and I definitely know that for sure because the next few things they showed us were really nice cg models of an asari, salarian, human, and krogan running in the new frostbite engine. They looked amazing by the way. Also they stated that, like humans having many different features from each other, they wanted to do that with other races. That showed off some salarians and krogans with interesting face and bone structures. They also asked an odd but hard question for everyone. They showed a lineup of a character from each main race in the series and asked us which two would we get rid of if we had to. I couldn't do it but I was sadly surprised at how many people said quarian and krogan.

Anyways, they showed off a random human model wearing various armors and configurations asking us what we liked and thought was potentially iconic. They also showed us a slew of land vehicles that would serve for different environments. And the most interesting vehicle was a personal sized Normandy-esque ship that could "fit a mako-like vehicle in it". So the new races mingling with the old ones and a ship that looks like normandy architecture, sounds like sequel material to me. They said that as always characters and choices are most important and that they want to focus on exploration and discovery again. And then they finished by showing off too many concept art screens in rapid succession for me to be able to grasp anything. Just a whole lot of beautiful and interesting landscapes.

So that's that, I know it didn't quite answer any of our IT questions but if you're like me and have been holding out for 4 holding the answer to IT and the original endings of some dark matter stuff then the fact that this is most likely a sequel is great. And honestly what they showed us was absolutely amazing and I can't wait either way, I just love this universe so much. Thank you all for checking this out.

In summary:

- Opened with "What does N7 mean to you?"
- Asked if they'd like to see a sequel, prequel, or something different. Overwhelming majority said sequel.
- "Arrogant" race. Thin and skeletal. Glowing eyes. Necks that "frilled up from their chest".
- "Ancient, advanced, guardian" race. Like sci-fi stone golems with Tron-like glowing lines over their bodies and floating fragments/shards.
- Asari, Salarian, Human, and Krogam shown in Frostbite 3.
- Want to bring across the model variety of human models to other races, giving them more diverse bone structure.
- Showed a line-up of the series' main races, and asked fans to pick two if they had to get rid of them. Most picked Quarian and Krogan. Speculation: The game has multiple playable races in campaign, and BioWare wants feedback on which they should be.
- Multiple human armour configurations shown. Asked which would be most iconic. Speculation: Marketing query, to work out what should be on the box.
- Multiple land vehicles shown.
- Focus is on character sand choices, but they want to bring back the focus on exploration and discovery.

credit to EatChildren on gaf

I can't be the only one who misses the Mako.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"