• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

Action-Adventure The Official Metal Gear Movie Thread

My vote easily goes to Jackman out of those 3. Hah maybe he can get Affleck to direct instead. :D

I'll cry like a little girl if Jackman doesn't get picked.

And if he doesn't, to show how serious I am, I'll post a video of me crying in my pillow on YT.

Either Hardy or Jackman would be fine with me.
Actually I think I'd prefer them over Bale for some reason...

I'll cry like a little girl if Jackman doesn't get picked.

And if he doesn't, to show how serious I am, I'll post a video of me crying in my pillow on YT.

*bookmarks post*

:woot::oldrazz:

jackman is more likely than bale imo

hugh seems more open of an actor jumping from genre to genre and more blockbuster he did do a robot boxing movie!!!(real steel is awesome btw)

Since the movies are likely to go in a different storyline from the games, they could easily start off by getting Jackman to play an already experienced Snake.

If younger, then Tom Hardy would be good as well.

If Sean Bean were younger he could have made for a brilliant Naked Snake.

You are now my favorite person.
;) :up:

Not only would he have given a legendary performance but in terms of look they're uncanny.

TsuXZ.jpg

Yk9uO.jpg

Then there would only be 1 movie...cause Bean would have died by the end lol

I used to think Bale and Jackman would be the best fits but I think that both of them are so identified as Batman and Wolverine that it wouldn't work as easy as it would've a few years ago. I love the Tom Hardy and Chris Hemsworth suggestions though

Kojima said that his favorites for the role are Ben Affleck, Hugh Jackman, and Tom Hardy.

A resounding "Hell yes" to the last one.

I'd love Tom Hardy as Solid Snake, my only reservation is that he might be too "pretty" for the role. Out of my slowly forming fan cast, I do now have Big Boss, Les Enfants Terribles, Revolver Ocleot and The Boss (stolen from previous page).

I would love to see bloomkamp work on this. But at the same time, it really depends if he wants to comit to a big franchise instead of working on original genre movies (something that Hollywood needs more of). His experience on Halo sounded like hell.

Either Hardy or Jackman would be fine with me.
Actually I think I'd prefer them over Bale for some reason...

With Bale..he's wonderful when he wants to be. He's a distinct actor which can work to his benefit sometimes but it can be a prob too.

Compared to Jackman, Hardy and Fassbender could be hard to get. Both have numerous projects coming up.

And doesn't Fassbender already have a video game to Movie project? I heard he's going to play the main in Assassin's Creed.

I just can't see Fassbender as either Solid or Naked Snake. I'd go:

Tom Hardy- Solid/Old Snake
Henry Cavill- Liquid Snake
Hugh Jackman- Solidus Snake
Christian Bale- Naked Snake/Big Boss

Eh. I don't think Tom Hardy is right for the role of Solid Snake. (Maybe he could play Solidus?) Hardy is a good actor, I just don't think he's right for this particular role.

Jackman is the only one I want to play Solid Snake.

I really hope Ben Affleck isn't cast in this movie. :dry:

Nolan could be the perfect director to juggle heaps and heaps and heaps of meandering, soulless exposition about stupid crap; he'd be perfect for this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"