The Official Michael Shannon IS General Zod - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems doubtful. I think they'll go with something a bit more "realistic".

The Phantom Zone isn't any less realistic than a flying Super powered Alien. They wouldn't be making a Superman movie if they wanted a realistic film. Eventhough it's obvious that Nolan had far, far more say than I first thought, Synder also has a say so I doubt that it will excusively be a Nolan product. I believe it will be a mixture of the two mens style.

The more I get used to team up of Nolan and Synder the more excited I get. You see, I like Synder as a director but he needs to be reigned in by a studio and a better director. I love Nolan as a director but him actually directing a Superman film would be a bad idea IMHO because I don't think that he has any real desire to make a movie about a lead character that isn't extremely tortured. I guess you could say the same for the actual director of the film but he seems like such an upbeat type of dude that I think that he can pull that aspect off better than Nolan. Some people can call me a flip flopper or whatever but I'm now okay with the movie being somewhat grounded provided the story is decent enough and the characters are likable and are in spirit the same characters that they have always been. I ***** a lot about everything but I'm not afraid to change my mind. Hell at first I was against Zod but then I got used to the idea after thinking it over. I'm just in general trying to go with the flow when it comes to this project and hope things turn out well because Superman deserves it dammit!

Stop with this realistic ****. How else will we eventually see boom tubes in the future?

Are we even sure krypton will blow up in this version?In the synopsis they never say anything about it being a doom planet are being destroyed.They didn't mention it because it might not blow up like we think.This is what it said...Transported years ago to Earth from Krypton, a highly advanced, distant planet.They could have easly put it this way...Transported years ago to Earth from Krypton, a doomed highly advanced, distant planet.I think a war will cause destruction on the interior of the planet but the planet as a whole will not be destroyed.The war will cause jor-el to send kal-el away.The lost prince of krypton thing.It fits.

Last edited:
I didn't quite understand some of what you said, but I got the gist of it, and it sounds similar to early Superman: Flyby scripts where Krypton survives.

In any case, it's a bad idea, I think the planet will be destroyed, but in a different manner to what we have seen before, maybe more akin to Superman: Earth One, were the other race go to Brainiac for help and they assassinate the planet.

Yea I think it will as well, Crowe tweeted, back when they were still filming, that he was trying to save a planet here....it doesn't sound like krypton survives IMO

Don't be surprise if krypton be left intact.

Last edited:
I'm kind of hoping for a Zod who at first seems like a totally normal military man; not a power mad dictator, but a disciplined soldier fighting to preserve his home's legacy. He can just choose to try and dominate Earth as a way of preserving what little remains of his home. He doesn't consider humans cattle, he just doesn't consider them anywhere near as significant as his dead people.

Anyone see "The Ice Man" trailer.....yeeah, I'm totally okay with Shannon as Zod.

Yea ive seen it.His voice is perfect for zod.

I don't know why the phantom zone doesn't seem "realistic" in a Superman movie, but either way...didn't Shannon confirm the phantom zone already? He just said it will be different than the previous versions.

Yes he did..

I don't remember the exact wording he used while mentioning the Phantom Zone, but he talked about it in a very direct manor relating it to this film. If you read the interview he has no bones about it admitting the Phantom zone exists in MOS.

Last edited:
All he said was: "Yeah, that whole set-up is going to be a little different, too. It's all going to be a little different."

I don't personally take that as confirming the PZ at all.

[YT]wgrrHfu6GAs[/YT]

He says it at about 1.36.

Last edited:
like a boss:woot:
tumblr_m9ll437FYU1qhei2io3_250.gif

That Iceman trailer was badass. I can't wait to see that movie. Shannon looks like he might be landing an Oscar nom with that one. Maybe even a win.

ruxl79.jpg

I am really very satisfied with this casting, Shannon as Zod is just perfect.

Actually, Shannon is a very good actor. :up:

All he said was: "Yeah, that whole set-up is going to be a little different, too. It's all going to be a little different."

I don't personally take that as confirming the PZ at all.

[YT]wgrrHfu6GAs[/YT]

He says it at about 1.36.

Then you read a different interview, that's not the one I'm talking about Hopeful. If I get some time today I'll find the interview and post it.

If they going realistic then it wouldn't surprise me if the Phantom Zone was similar to how jail is on earth.If it is like that it will probably have unrealistic characteristics to it.

There's something in the CC footage that I think may be related to the destruction of Krypton. It's hard to make out but it looks like a laser along with flying debris that looks like rock.

Realistic and Superman shouldn't be said in the same sentence.

There's something in the CC footage that I think may be related to the destruction of Krypton. It's hard to make out but it looks like a laser along with flying debris that looks like rock.

Looks like Metropolis. That debris looks like cars and a bus.

Why not? Completely depends on the angle. Remember, he's an alien. Everything about him can be as otherworldly as possible as long as everything regarding earth is portrayed realistically. Just the more interesting the characters becomes imo. People too often seem to be mixing the two different worlds together, also when talking grit and edge.

Why not? Completely depends on the angle. Remember, he's an alien. Everything about him can be as otherworldly as possible as long as everything regarding earth is portrayed realistically. Just the more interesting the characters becomes imo. People too often seem to be mixing the two different worlds together, also when talking grit and edge.
The personalities and human characters should be realistic, but never should an idea be cut because it's too unrealistic for a Superman movie.

The personalities and human characters should be realistic, but never should an idea be cut because it's too unrealistic for a Superman movie.

Again, it depends on the character or the world that character comes from. For instance, I dont wanna see Lex building impossible gadgetry solely with earth-materials and means. But whatever Zod brings in that department can be almost as far-fetched as possibly, without coming off as absurd, de-classy or cheesy. In other words, it should be somewhat within the laws of plausible physics and science. But, what is that anyway? Tough to draw the line, but I know what I personally wont swallow when I see it.

It's alot of realistic things about the superman story.The krypton stuff is not unrealistic.A civilisation That's about 100,000 years ahead of us and highly advanced is not unrealistic.It can be a alien civilisation somewhere in our own universe that's years and years ahead of us.That's not unrelistic.They don't even have powers on krypton.They strength level is just like humans on earth.The superpowers is the only unrealistic thing, I can see in the superman story.Even that might not be so unrealistic since we have not seen everything our own universe has to offer.

Last edited:
So Batman not having an ultra padded suit is unrealistic but Krypton is totally plausible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"